Alloa Athletic vs Dundee

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

They’re a much better side than your lot. Alloa won’t have much to worry about come the end of the season.

They should probably start actually winning games of football then chief. 

Just now, afca32 said:

Watching Charlie Adam at this level is great fun, fully expect him to do something either brilliant or dreadful every he time he gets the ball.

There's times he will try to go by someone, get dispossessed and just see the "fuckthisshite" seep out every pore of him. :lol:

Watched that game as a neutral and thoroughly enjoyed it, though I do think that Alloa were robbed with that penalty decision.  The games that I have seen in the so-called Championship have not been of great quality, but tonight was very enjoyable.  I well remember Charlie Adams (he is surely well in his 40s now?) playing, or should I say cheating against us when he played for St Mirren, and handling a ball into the net.  We all saw it.  The St Mirren fans saw it (and gloated for a long time).  The man on the moon saw it and he was not even awake.  The only people who did not see it were the referee (Mike McCurry IIRC) and the stand side linesman.  

Anyway, I think the penalty was a very bad call by Alan Muir, and Alloa were robbed of the three points.  They were the better team by far.  Better organised, and better in many ways.

I remember too the sectarian issues that plagued Dundee when they played us in the first division many years ago.  (They sang - Hello, hello, we are the Derry boys).  Have they dealt with that ugly side to their support?

Good game, and sadly, the better team managed by Peter Grant were well robbed of the points.  

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

Alloa get their usual, meaningless  'play football the right way' bauble but also once again prove soft as shite which is why they'll be in the relegation mix.

And probably survive. Which will make it yet another successful season for the mighty Wasps.

And achieved the "right" way.

4 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

I remember too the sectarian issues that plagued Dundee when they played us in the first division many years ago.  (They sang - Hello, hello, we are the Derry boys).  Have they dealt with that ugly side to their support?

Still sympathising with a rapist?

Good game at least although not particularly because it was great quality. Alloa were the better side and should have won. The 3rd Dundee goal is an absolute joke of a penalty award. Never a penalty in a million years. Although I thought the McDaid booking probably was a penalty.

Not remotely convinced by Alan Trouten's claim to have touched his "2nd goal" either. Nor Billy Dodds' claim that he saw it straight away. If he did touch it he makes no deviation on it. Hetherington's goal for me.

Should've seen that out but lots of positives for Alloa. Return of Andy Graham made a massive difference and settled the defence. After a year out and at 37 lots of questions could he return but he slotted back in as if he was never away. The team knocked the ball about well as they had in the last two games and took their chances too. Just disappointing that one stupid goal brought Dundee back into it. Penalty looked dubious but we had dropped too deep by that stage. 

Ultimately dropped points but I think we have plenty to he hopeful about, particularly when you put Parry back in there too (and to be fair to Willison, great save at 3-1). And also despite Dundee's issues, they did bring a bigger threat than either of the sides who have beaten us.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Alloa deserved the win. As much as others won't recognise it (Because we are shite) you lot look a lot better than shite like Morton that we've faced so far.

Unlucky lads.

That's cute and all but if you *combined* Alloa and Dundee's points tallies so far then they'd still be beneath 'shite like Morton' in the actual league table. Having played eight games to our three.

Gutted for you then.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

That's cute and all but if you *combined* Alloa and Dundee's points tallies so far then they'd still be beneath 'shite like Morton' in the actual league table. Having played eight games to our three.

Gutted for you then.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

27 games in a season, not 4. When was it you last finished above shite like Dundee?

Edited by Ludo*1

15 minutes ago, printer said:

And probably survive. Which will make it yet another successful season for the mighty Wasps.

And achieved the "right" way.

Think that will depend heavily on whether Arbroath turn up this season tbh. I'd go for 'probably won't survive' but it's a 40-60 bet or something. If your manager wasn't obsessed with some shan philosophy then it would be about 60-40 though. 

Edited by vikingTON