Hearts v Alloa

He absolutely bossed this league for us last season, have some respect.
Seems like a good guy so I hope he can build some confidence with no fans there to boo him every time he touches the ball because I believe the ability is still there to be a good center back although not the quickest.

Thought we were decent first half, good tempo, good pressing and scored some really good goals.  

2nd half was awful, took our foot off the gas, subs weakened us and we didn't have anywhere near the same intensity.  2 awful penalty attempts as well from Boyce.

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

You r really hate Boyce, eh?

Why is that? 

I don't hate Boyce, I hate the lavish praise he has received since you got relegated. Same wee niggle as the undefeated odds, just thought some claims were ridiculous, Boyce scoring 30 goals this season being the stupidest.

Thought we were decent first half, good tempo, good pressing and scored some really good goals.  
2nd half was awful, took our foot off the gas, subs weakened us and we didn't have anywhere near the same intensity.  2 awful penalty attempts as well from Boyce.

Teams taking their foot off the gas n that situation isn’t uncommon even when the game isn’t being played in an empty stadium

Hearts seemed to have little interest in twisting the knife and Alloa weren’t desperate for a consolation either

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I don't hate Boyce, I hate the lavish praise he has received since you got relegated. Same wee niggle as the undefeated odds, just thought some claims were ridiculous, Boyce scoring 30 goals this season being the stupidest.

Fair enough - I cannae mind, and it might have just been bravado, but Boyce does have a decent scoring record.

The undefeated thing was never going to happen - last time we were in this league was when rangers and hubz were in it, and I think we maybe set a new record for points or goals scored in the championship - I remember the first game we lost that season was at Tynecastle to Falkirk, who were great that day.

Boyce isn't right just now, though - Wighton should be starting ahead of him. 

Decided against £18.50 but midweek games against ft teams tend to be a big ask, and in the case of Hearts a ft side with a lot of players who could easily play in the top flight. Throw in our grim display at the weekend and conceding a couple early on and this had the potential to be messy. I'll take 3-0 in the circumstances. And hopeful we'll do better on Saturday. 

Either the young players we have in the squad are not good enough to see out 30 minutes against one of the worst Allow teams I've ever seen, or the manager thinks those subs we played instead are better...
Or he was determined to ensure we won tonight and thought that was the best way of doing it.
Don't disagree we should be looking to bring on the younger players.

9 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Decided against £18.50 but midweek games against ft teams tend to be a big ask, and in the case of Hearts a ft side with a lot of players who could easily play in the top flight. Throw in our grim display at the weekend and conceding a couple early on and this had the potential to be messy. I'll take 3-0 in the circumstances. And hopeful we'll do better on Saturday. 

Alloa played some good football at times just never really near the goals! Good in possession etc but missing out someone driving forward or a decent forward. 

14 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Or he was determined to ensure we won tonight and thought that was the best way of doing it.
Don't disagree we should be looking to bring on the younger players.

I could understand in the premiership, but not in this division and especially not against the bottom of this division. 

From where he was in his first season six year ago, he's regressing into a knock off Tony Pulis.