Another player Scotland has mist who has been capped with another country thread

Maybe players talk to other players at their club , realise that other nations have some fantastic set ups ran by great coaches with a brilliant atmosphere that agrees with how they want to progress their game, whereas ours perhaps in comparison is utter dugshite with arsehole coaches using dinosaur methods? No evidence of this obviously just supposing.
And they go on to choose another country with a slightly heavy heart

On 08/12/2020 at 13:54, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

We do know, he's gone.  

Steve Clarke should speak to him, and we should mount a campaign to persuade him.

What would be the point in that? According to you he's already tied up to Wales and there's no chance of him playing for Scotland.

On 08/12/2020 at 13:59, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye Terry Taylor, very highly rated.

So so frustrating. All your life you so want Scotland to do well, and the reason we don't is we don't produce enough good players.  Simple as that. Then when we do produce a good player and lose him to another country its so frustrating.  

Who the f**k is in charge of the SFA, you should be constantly in touch with these guys on the phone to them every week asking how they're getting on, going to watch them every few weeks.  How can you lose people like this and Souttar and allow Boyle and Arfield to go and McCarthy and McGeady before.  It just makes you feel like giving up.

And seriously if you can bear the pain go and watch Banks on youtube, f**k me he's good like.  Amazingly talented player, will obviously be a top top player, similar too but way better than Ryan Christie for comparison.

Arfield and Boyle waited a considerable length of time before being called up for Canada & Aus respectively. I also don’t think we’re missing much as we have better players in their positions already. McGeady and McCarthy were another matter and it was quite gutting to lose the pair of them.

On 08/12/2020 at 14:02, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I don't understand how a kid could grow up in Scotland and turn us down for Wales or Australia or whatever anyway, but people are different I suppose.  I would turn down Brazil for Scotland but not everyone is the same. 

The cheek of it though I mean we gave birth to that wee p***k, everything he learned Scotland gave him, went to a bloody SFA performance school, and first chance he gets fucks off his country for someone else.  Doesn't reflect very well on a person imo but that's the way it goes, its the SFA's job to look after and secure these kids and make them feel wanted.

Presumably you feel the same way towards Lyndon Dykes?

Has this actually been confirmed any where official ? I can only see it on some Wales supporters website. You click a link to the Crystal Palace website and the supposed article only mentions another player. No mention of Banks.

No mention on the Welsh FA site either.

Edited by Mean Gene

24 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Arfield and Boyle waited a considerable length of time before being called up for Canada & Aus respectively. I also don’t think we’re missing much as we have better players in their positions already. McGeady and McCarthy were another matter and it was quite gutting to lose the pair of them.

Aye devastating.  Would love to have seen McGeady and McFadden in the same team.

I have no problem with Boyle and Arfield, they both gave Scotland every chance.  It was our fault for not calling them up, Arfield would have got a decent number of caps and been a good option, and I bet you Boyle could have been a revelation for us at RWB.

I've always thought they should cast a wide net and just cap everyone just incase, these are good examples.  

22 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

The story goes that archie knox pushed McCarthy towards Ireland by being a complete bully towards him , of course that would need verified to actualy be true.  but it does seem he wasn't given the chance with us.  in the other case interviews would make it pretty clear that the mcgeady family brought up their children to consider themselves as irish despite being in Scotland for a few generations and his mind was already made up

8 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Presumably you feel the same way towards Lyndon Dykes?

Aye and I said that already, he's Australian, so realistically he should play for Australia.  Though both his parents are from Scotland so he had a direct link and Scotland will have been a big part of his life growing up.  Its not quite the same as having one grandparent or even two.  

But yeah absolutely I'd be furious with him if I was Australian and rightly so.  Though he had never played for Australia at any age group and was 24 when we picked him up.  Its a lot closer to the Arfield/Boyle situation than McGeady/McCarthy/Souttar/Banks

3 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

The story goes that archie knox pushed McCarthy towards Ireland by being a complete bully towards him , of course that would need verified to actualy be true.  but it does seem he wasn't given the chance with us.  in the other case interviews would make it pretty clear that the mcgeady family brought up their children to consider themselves as irish despite being in Scotland for a few generations and his mind was already made up

Nah that's pish, McGeady's dad himself several times has said he tried to convince him to play for Scotland as he's a massive Scotland fan.  McGeady personally said in an interview in the Celtic View at the time, I used to read it at a mate's house, that Ireland have players like Damien Duff and Robbie Keane and more chance of playing at tournaments so he chose them. 

Hush hush after that, invented pish about dying grandad who turned out to still be alive, and contrived story about Scottish school football rules which didn't help but could have been circumvented or waited out it was only a case of a few months.

In short, McGeady's a c**t.  McCarthy the story I heard is the same that Knox was an arsehole to him, still he doesn't get back at Archie Knox by doing that he gets back at all of us so I don't respect it but can understand.

22 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Nah that's pish, McGeady's dad himself several times has said he tried to convince him to play for Scotland as he's a massive Scotland fan.  McGeady personally said in an interview in the Celtic View at the time, I used to read it at a mate's house, that Ireland have players like Damien Duff and Robbie Keane and more chance of playing at tournaments so he chose them. 

Hush hush after that, invented pish about dying grandad who turned out to still be alive, and contrived story about Scottish school football rules which didn't help but could have been circumvented or waited out it was only a case of a few months.

In short, McGeady's a c**t.  McCarthy the story I heard is the same that Knox was an arsehole to him, still he doesn't get back at Archie Knox by doing that he gets back at all of us so I don't respect it but can understand.

Aiden McGeady Celtic and Ireland - YouTube

Here, not only do they talk about it but theres also home video of young mcgeady wearing a republic of Ireland shirt whilst doing keepy uppys