Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

April 2071

Ga4QZOa.png

f**k knows why I had to play nine games in 23 days having spent most of the season having two a month, but there we go. Couple of wins, but many more defeats. Oh well.

We actually competed ok in most of these games (one obvious exception) but didn't take our chances. I will say, however, that Blerim Islami has proven himself to be a very decent player for me already, and I'm hopeful that with a few additions we can start competing properly with the top teams in this division.

RWQkPuy.png

I'll take that - top half.

We did, however, lose as many games as we won or drew, and we're 35 points off the title winners so there's a fairly massive gap I need to make up. 

Transfers 2071

WpFjX00.png

Souefmx.png

Shame to release Steve Mallet - he scored a lot of goals to get us promoted, but ultimately isn't good enough for a top flight side. Avanesyan and Hovhannisyan were some of the better players in the side I inherited, so shame for them to go but, again, they're simply not up to it.

Couple of loan moves and a few fringe players leaving, but no major losses in terms of my actual first choice 11.

aC6xJKe.png

And the incomings - finally able to splash a bit of cash as our reputation seems to have risen to the extent that players worth some money are willing to join us.

First up, Hovhannes Asatryan. He's a centre half or right back, 19 years old and looks pretty decent with plenty of room to improve. He's already relatively solid defensively, very fit and he's ok on the ball. He needs to improve his delivery and generally his offensive play, but a good addition to the squad.

Spoiler

kYwsqkj.png

Narek Kocharyan is a left back, and very similar to Asatryan. He's slightly older and slightly better, but has basically the same strengths and weaknesses. A really good defender in the context of the Armenian league though.

Spoiler

tnsklKX.png

And now, for the clubs record signing, Jin Feng. A 22 year old striker, he should be able to absolutely pish the league. Which is nice. He's a good finisher, good first touch, hard working, good movement, composed and strong. The only real weakness he has is a relative lack of pace, which Ill be working on, but everything else he has means he should be able to compensate for that. Well worth the money IMO.

Spoiler

zSWXWHR.png

Final signing of the summer was Ishkhan Hovhannisyan, a central midfielder. He's a well rounded player, decent on the ball and defensively as well. Should be a very solid player.

Spoiler

1t5SrqG.png

So that's it for me. I should now have a team which can actually compete at the top end of the table.

Hopefully this is the season I can get some silverware.

August 2071

sFRXAop.png

A great start.

I would expect the wins against Noah and Urartu, but Ararat are a good side who we've struggled against in the past, while Shirak win the title quite frequently and routinely thumped us last season, so a 0-0 is certainly a positive development.

Hopefully we can sustain this.

xhlFhiC.png

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

September 2071

mmLTasQ.png

Our good form has continued, a very decent win against Alashkert started us off and we then got a draw away at the champions. We missed a penalty along with the one we scored in that game - remarkably, the third penalty we've missed already this season.

kJpvjsp.png

That puts us top of the league at this stage. Plenty of time to go, but it's been a very good start.

October 2071

INEVZY4.png

Another very good month results wise, and we're now through the first half of the pre-split season unbeaten. The results are particularly pleasing as I don't think we played very well in any of these games.

Jin Feng has been great - most of his goals have been penalties, but he seems to be bringing out the best in a number of my other players, most notably Keca who's on four goals in eight games, having never previously scored for me.

8ukRMQD.png

We're still sitting top. Delightful.

November 2071

2O1NuNo.png

Just the one competitive game this month, and it was an incredibly comfortable win. Probably the best performance we've had this season, which is lovely stuff.

Our unbeaten run is now eleven games in all competitions.

LHk6BIX.png

Results elsewhere mean that we've now opened up a three point gap at the top.

We're playing Shirak next month, which will be a tough game, but also an opportunity to really make a statement to the rest of the division.

This feels like it could be the year.

December 2071

fShCO17.png

I'll start with the positives - we're into the semi final of the cup, and we absolutely pumped Noah. Sevak Poghosyan is an outstanding player, as is Jin Feng.

On the more negative side, our unbeaten run came to an end. We were maybe slightly unfortunate to lose, but no more that slightly to be honest. We have tended to struggle against the sides higher up the league, which I suppose makes sense as they're the better sides, but we'll need to address that if we're to win the division.

The other major negative is that Poghosyan's contract runs out at the end of this season, and he doesn't want to sign a new one. Concerning given how central to my team he's become.

T9UN1q4.png

We still sit top, but the gap we had has gone. We're currently top by virtue of having scored more away goals against Pyunik (given that the only game between us was at their stadium, that's almost a given). 

Need to start beating the top teams.

January 2072

jq6hjMe.png

Fantastic stuff.

Beating Urartu is par for the course for basically everyone in this division, but still nice to beat them quite so convincingly and bounce back from our first loss of the season.

The win over Pyunik was outstanding though. We were great, particular shout out to Islami who has been somewhat overshadowed by Poghosyan this season, but he played a blinder in that game. Keca's goal was a cracker too.

b8cUFsm.png

We've restored a bit of breathing space at the top, and we need to build on this. 

February 2072

YArqMGo.png

A couple of outgoing transfers. Manucharyan was a shite youth product who never really got a game, so was happy to take even a small amount of money for him, while Omic has completely dropped out of the side this season so loaned him out to a side who'll cover most of his wages. No players came in.

JcSpRWe.png

We should have beaten Alashkert - we were better than them in that game, and really should have scored a few more goals. But we never, so a draw it was.

After that was plain sailing, a relatively straightforward win against Gandzasar and then we made it to the final of the cup with a good win against Pyunik. The last time we beat them was a much tougher game, but this time we were fairly comfortable and their goal was really the only chance they had in the game.

We'll be playing Ararat in the final - a side we've beaten twice this season with an aggregate scoreline of 7-2. 

oiGEMjE.png

Thanks to the draw, our lead at the top is down to just one point but we're still top.

Just two more games until the split.

March 2072

Qfufwhb.png

We had a few injuries to key players this month, so delighted to get through it with three wins - especially the win against Alashkert.

Early-ish goals in all three games basically killed them off as contests, which was nice. I would have liked to rack up bigger scorelines against Ararat-Armenia and, in particular, Lori but the three points will do.

w1aNcFo.png

Eight games to go, and we're a point ahead. All the games are this in the next three weeks, so a busy run to get over the line hopefully

It's looking like it might be a two horse race. 

Game 20 - April 2072

Spoiler

Quf0oDo.png

UtT7cme.png

Well, that's certainly a good start.

We defended really solidly throughout our game - didn't create an awful lot, but Keca got another goal when the chance did come. That's him on 9 for the season, having only managed 6 in his entire career previously. Some effort.

Alashkert did us a rather huge favour, although we play them next so hopefully they're not up for another big result.

A1KCkwR.png

Ideal.

Game 21 - April 2072

Spoiler

li0WOtO.png

qKF6vqB.png

These weren't played on the same day, obviously, but both sides 21st games.

We fucked it with the red card. Until then, we were in control and probably should have been 3-1 up, but collapsed after it and deserved to lose. They did do us a favour in the next game through. 

W85hvNE.png

Still top, but it's down to three points.

Up next - a double header against Pyunik.

Game 22 - April 2072

Spoiler

YulNjpU.png

An opportunity missed. We were the better team in this game, had all of the better chances but just couldn't get the goal.

We didn't lose though, which is the more important thing.

HyaC3Sj.png

Still three points ahead. Alashkert have dragged themselves into it, although have played a game more.

Pyunik again next.

Game 23 - April 2072

Spoiler

2Z7axTa.png

God bless Konstyantyn Omelchuk. Thrown off the bench late on to grab his first goal of the season, and salvage a massive, and frankly undeserved, point. Really highlights the progress of the squad - in season's gone by, that kind of performance would have seen us lose 4 or 5 nil against this lot.

451buM8.png

Still three points ahead at the top, with five games to go - four of which will be against Ararat and Gandzasar.

We're favourites for this, certainly, but it's not a foregone conclusion. 

Game 24 - April 2072

Spoiler

Gvs17An.png

We got let off the hook there with both our challengers filing to win.

We didn't really deserve to lose, they created one chance and scored it while we created a bit more but couldn't get the goal. Need to get back to winning ways nonetheless.

72ZvOCC.png

We're still top, but don't have too much wiggleroom left.

Up next - Gandzasar. 

Game 25 - April 2072

Spoiler

H1uuUie.png

gKUdm31.png

f**k sakes, we really are managing to f**k this up. A last minute equaliser for them, in a game we totally dominated but just couldn't finish off.

At least Pyunik lost too. Alashkert really are in there though.

Drz9jlx.png

Still top.

A double header with Ararat now. We haven't won in five games, so desperately need to address that.