Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

Transfers 2068

BCAt9l7.png

sw0HsGQ.png

GELSF0Y.png

Loads of players left, as I had loads of utter dross hanging around my squad that I needed to shift. Torosyan is the biggest loss, by far. I tried to keep him, but he wouldn't enter negotiations with me, no matter what I promised him so off he went.

ny18jwW.png

And just four players in, as finding guys of suitable standard was a bit of a struggle.

Arman Gevorgyan is my replacement for Torosyan at right back. He's probably a slight downgrade really, but he's solid enough. Quite a similar player who'll do nothing going forward, but be fine defensively.

Spoiler

g5SD1b7.png

Garnik Khachatryan is a central midfielder and is basically here to be my holding midfielder. Technically limited, but he works hard and has pretty good physical abilities.

Spoiler

Qz67SUh.png

Hakob Melikyan is a left back, and is basically identical to Gevorgyan but playing on the other side of the defence. Better than what I had before, so that's good.

Spoiler

7Zh1SKq.png

Final signing of the window was Kostyantyn Omelchuk, a left winger. Another guy who works hard, has good energy levels and he's technically decent - although his end product looks fairly poor.

Spoiler

iWpIkCr.png

August 2068

wtyTjYS.png

That's a pretty ok start, especially the win against newly relegated FC Van. We threw away a 2-0 lead against Urartu-2 in the last ten minutes, which was a complete pain in the arse, but we then rescued a point late against Shirak, so swings and roundabouts.

NphmsgZ.png

Aye, that'll do. 

September 2068

pP4epH2.png

And those are some very good results. Steve Mallet with some great performances, Sevan and BKMA aren't particularly good sides so we should be expecting to beat them, but it's still good to get it done.

6hqBspo.png

I'll take that. Only unbeaten side in the league still, which is swell. 

October 2068

sd4o7Cy.png

We should have beaten Noravank, totally outplayed them but couldn't get the goal. A very frustrating game.

Lori are a midtable top flight team, and absolutely pumped us. Highlights how far off that level we are, presently.

RZzPOYY.png

Alashkert's second string starting to run away with it at the top, but as they're a second team then the promotion spot goes to whichever side finishes highest up. Hopefully that can be us, and we're certainly in contention for it.

November 2068

HWK7VNm.png

Well beaten by the runaway leaders, before a very decent win against Pyunik-2. I'm coming to the realisation that it'll take quite a long time to get this mob to a point where we can challenge for the title in the top flight, so I'll probably look to jump ship at some point.

hxRDW81.png

Well, as things stand we're in the promotion spot.

I dread to think what a top flight season with my squad would be like though. 

December 2068

R5dT8n6.png

We were really poor in the game against Ararat-2, and not much better against Ararat-Armenia-2, but at least there we managed to scrape a point. 

We were much improved against Urartu-2 though, and fully deserved to beat them. Mallet now has 10 goals in 11 games this season, a remarkable effort for him given he only had 23 league goals in his career before this season.

0kxQX9e.png

We're looking good for being the side promoted, even though we've no chance of actually winning the league.

We play FC Van next, which will obviously be a big game in that regard.

January 2069

vsroUki.png

Meh. We were held to a draw by FC Van, which probably suits us more than them, and then we couldn't find a way past a ten man Shirak-2 side, including a missed penalty. These were fairly tough games, so draws aren't bad results per say, it's just that we could and should have had more points from this.

BXXvySZ.png

We drop down to fourth, but remain in the promotion place.

Next month is two of the poorer sides in the league, including bottom side BKMA, so I'd like to think I'll take six points from that. 

February 2069

A couple of signings this month, starting with Donatas Paskevicius, a Lithuanian striker. An excellent finisher, good movement off the ball, works hard and a good bit of flair. The main problem is his lack of pace, which is probably why he's ended up playing for me, but he definitely looks capable of getting plenty of goals at this level. I'm also contemplating training him up as an attacking midfielder, as his passing and vision looks ok, so that's an option.

Spoiler

BT2EG5f.png

Alexandr Ogolev is a Ukranian centre half, and he's a very limited player but should do a really solid job defensively. His positioning is top notch, and he's very fit. A bit weak, and poor in the air, but as always if he didn't have glaring deficiencies then he wouldn't be playing in the Armenian second tier.

Spoiler

tlsgsoP.png

rX8nf22.png

Plenty of goals, ropey at the back, but six points all the same. Paskevicius with five goals in two games is now the third top scorer in the league, which is fairly amusing. But a very pleasing start for him, and good to get a few wins again. Been a while since we managed to get a few in a row.

IDznjGX.png

Five games to go, and we have a three point advantage over FC Van.

Promotion would be nice, but also I think we'll be wildly out of our depth in the top flight, so I'm not really sure how to feel. 

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Fucking wild that the current World Cup and European Championship winning manager doesn't have the pick of the jobs in whatever European backwater he's currently touring.

To be fair, I don't know if it's any more ridiculous that Germany headhunting the Latvia manager whose most recent club job had been in North Macedonia...

April 2069

430rEUR.png

Four points from games against first and second in the league is a no bad effort. 

Two solid defensive performances, we didn't do all that much in attack but we got our goal against Pyunik-2 from the spot, and that was enough.

QQ9lRtz.png

Two games left. If we win both, then we're going up.

FC Van are playing BKMA and Sevan, so I don't imagine we can count on them slipping up.

Game 19 - May 2069

Spoiler

0MO442s.png

Ooft. Thought we'd fucked it when we conceded that 93rd minute equaliser, but we launched the ball long from the resulting kick off and scored again. Bulgakov got thrown in because both Mallet and Paskevicius were injured, and he did stunningly. Three penalties in the one game is extremely Rangersy too, but I'll take it.

rBNoQSG.png

No surprise to see Van thrash the worst team in the league.

9VtjvCU.png

It all comes down to the final day...

Game 20 - May 2069

Spoiler

wgy8rVH.png

No favours from them, so we'll need to do our bit and win our final game...

Spoiler

ThVwykI.png

Oh thank f**k for that. Fell behind, then Omelchuk dragged us into the lead, and we were heading up.

Another late equaliser conceded, and another even later winner scored and we're heading up! 

kLanQ5R.png

B5Y5BLW.png

We're going to the top flight!

My squad isn't good enough for the top flight, so it could be an absolute disaster but we'll give it our best shot.

Transfers 2069

oPcVXb7.png

ChHn3DA.png

Not much in the way of outgoings, Melikyan didn't really work out when I brought him in last season, and Aslanyan was a fringe player so not much loss there.

AREZN2y.png

And here's the guys I've brought in to try and keep us in the top flight.

Alexandr Ignatjev is a left back who joins having spent the last few seasons playing semi regularly in the top flight, so brings some experience of that. A defensively solid player, would expect him to do a decent job. As always with full backs at this level, he'll provide nothing going forward but I'll accept that on the basis that I expect us to be on the back foot in the vat majority of games this season.

Spoiler

0IvrJlK.png

Erik Adamyan joins to play central midfield. He had an ok season with my promotion rivals FC Van last year, and has a bit of experience in the top flight which is good too. He's a good passer, and I think he should be a good player in terms of be able to create chances. I'll need someone more defensive minded to sit next to him, but I think he's a decent player.

Spoiler

SjxJhG7.png

Rokas Lukosiunas joins my Lithuanian contingent, as my new number one goalkeeper. His distribution is absolute dogshite, but he should be a fairly reliable keeper.

Spoiler

IXBBZNs.png

Garnik Khachatryan was here last season before he got recalled, and has now joined on a permanent basis. He's a ball winning midfielder, not much else but he can also cover at right back which is helpful. Will sit him next to Adamyan, and see how that goes.

Spoiler

e3YY038.png

Danijel Omic is the pick of the bunch for me, a really decent looking centre half and only 21 years old so will (or should) get better. All the basics covered, a strong player and works hard. The main worry is that his aggression being so high means he's liable for a few red cards, but we'll see how it goes.

Spoiler

EoD61C0.png

Khachatur Mkrtchyan was my final signing, and he's an attacking midfielder. He looks promising and only 17. I'll be honest, I signed him and had wanted to loan him out but no one would take him, so he's here on the fringes of the first team.

Spoiler

AiCbQhZ.png

I'll be honest, I think my team's better than it was last season certainly, but probably not quite good enough to do anything in this division. We'll see how it goes. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

September 2069

n01eO9w.png

Alashkert were significantly better than us, so very pleased to escape that without major damage to our goal difference.

We then came from 2-0 and 3-2 down against Lori, and rescued a point late on which was great. Donatas Paskevicius got a couple of goals too, which is always nice as I wasn't sure if he'd handle the step up.

7SY21fo.png

Aye, that's not too bad so far, given the gulf in quality between us and the other teams.