Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

August 2066

N2qsWAB.png

An excellent start. Couldn't take the chances we created against US Esch, but we haven't conceded a goal yet, or even really looked close to conceding one so that's a good sign.

Mike Thill on right wing has been great so far, and has been called into the full Luxembourg squad at just 17 so well done to him. I think he'll be a key player in my attempts to win this league - although I'm shiteing it that Dudelange will be buying him fairly soon.

sNCgpPf.png

That run puts us top of the table at this early stage. 

September 2066

D04AYIz.png

Another decent month, and both my strikers managed to open their accounts for the season which should be good. Always like them to get a couple early doors.

The game against Differdange, who are spending 25x more on wages than me, was probably the worst match in the entire save. Neither side managed a touch in the other teams box. We had more shots, and nominally created the better chances but really doesn't say anything. Utter dross all round.

UWJGu12.png

We're still sitting top though, which is nice, and are still unbeaten.

Germany

BVww79K.png

Two very straightforward wins for the world champions. Neither side presented that much of a challenge to be honest.

Also realised that I'm still unbeaten in my Germany reign, and have only failed to win in 90 minutes twice. 

o93aii5.png

Top, but as I said at the draw it'll be the games against France that define this.

October 2066

rFOFf3P.png

Some poor results, though not losses, at the start of the month. Claude Hansen fucked it in the first game with a David Wotherspoon moment, getting himself sent off within about 20 seconds of coming on. They then equalised in the last minute. We just couldn't break Rosport down either, which is disappointing given that almost everyone else in the league manages to break them down.

Two good wins to see the month out though. We're still unbeaten, but I honestly would have expected to win all of these games, so settling for eight points is slightly underwhelming.

HMy0Cly.png

We're still top of the table. though, and the margin has grown to three points. Obviously it's still very tight, and we haven't faced Dudelange yet, but it's definitely positive.

Germany

EPknnY9.png

Four points. and yet I wasn't impressed with us in either game. France didn't play well, and we needed two penalties to score, and then we couldn't score against a relatively weak Iceland side.

Results are the main thing of course, and I'm happy with those, but not ideal. Maybe I'm being overly harsh though.

CjhqtXf.png

Other results mean that we're almost certainly going through though. Which is swell. 

November 2066

x2KrKDD.png

There's only one game in there which we'll all be interested in - we were pretty comprehensively outplayed by Dudelange. We had a couple of half chances, but nothing massively promising and they came closer to scoring a third than we got to getting one back. Shame.

Rest of the month was fine, we scraped by against Progres but the three points are all that counts.

1MggipC.png

We've dropped off the top of the table, but we're still in the title race so that's something.

Germany

M6RpeWV.png

Lost my first game as German manager, but we probably shouldn't have lost it. We just couldn't score and they took their chances. A shame.

Croatia defended well against us, and we missed a penalty, but still got the win in the end.

Ozjb0Pa.png

And that win against Croatia was enough to see us through to the Nations League finals again.

December 2066

zfZaS4J.png

A perfect month. On league duty, three of those were tough games on paper, but we managed to get through the, and also a pretty comfortable win over Rodange.

Main news story is the cup victory over Dudelange though. They had most of the ball, but we had the better chances and probably should have scored from open play along with our penalties. Main thing is that they're now out the cup, as are most of the "big" teams in Luxembourg and puts us as favourites for the trophy. Delightful.

iDN01HV.png

Those wins have seen us keep pace with Dudelange, although their goal difference is quite a bit better than ours.

Still, we're making them work for the title at least, and we've both pulled well away from the chasing pack. 

January 2067

Transfer window opened this month, and I brought in a couple of new players to (hopefully) strengthen the squad.

First up, we have Stefano Pepe, a German centre half. I actually signed him in December, and he played in the cup win over Dudelange, but I couldn't register him for league games until this month. He's a relatively ok centre back, good positioning and marking, very strong and a good leader on the pitch. He's pretty poor in the air though, and a very bad footballer when in possession, but he should do fine. At any rate, he gives me more depth.

Spoiler

POzmtZ7.png

Lastly, we have Steven Mooney, a Northern Irish central midfielder. He's good on the ball, not so good off it, but he should do well for me. Centre midfield has been a pretty weak area of my team, so good to have him.

Spoiler

JoI8wCv.png

The main thing - genuinely crucial to our season - is that noone tried to sign MIke Thill, which I was expecting. Thank f**k for that.

B4b6hTD.png

Another good month, we were 2-0 within ten minutes against Mondorf but fought back to secure a draw, and we were comprehensive in all of our other games. A particular highlight was dishing out a complete thrashing against Differdange, who are one of the teams not far behind us in the league. Moritz Boning also hit a lovely run of form.

0cXZc5A.png

The draw put us a couple of points behind Dudelange, but they then lost against Racing and so we're now a point ahead at the top.

Eight games to go. 

February 2067

Rxdp1gb.png

Very easy game in the cup, against a team fighting against relegation in the division below. Expected stuff.

We then fucked up against Jeunesse, throwing away a 2-0 lead, and then a 3-2 lead as well before losing to a 93rd minute penalty. Shambles.

Rest of the month was good against some teams who we should be beating every single time, so that's good stuff.

2PnqFT4.png

We're still top with four games left. Despire that, we have, on paper at least, a tougher run in that Dudelange do.

Only one league game next month though: Dudelange at home. That could decide the title. 

March 2067

QOot9Qg.png

I've already covered the Dudelange game above, but our only other game this month was a semi final against lower league opposition. We made harder work of it than we should have, but ultimately saw ourselves through to the final.

fiZR0CC.png

And as outlined, we're now four points clear with three games to go. Two wins will do us.

Germany

Q4uSapK.png

f**k me that Scotland game was bad. We were absolutely dreadful. Scotland have a no bad team at the moment, but even still. We could barely string two passes together for large periods, and then didn't defend a corner properly to allow the late winner. Shambles.

Azerbaijan we beat convincingly, but they conceded 6 against fucking Montenegro a few days before that, so it doesn't mean much.

HvARQtI.png

I still think we should top the group, but it now means we'll need to win comfortably at Hampden to do it. 

Matchday 28 - April 2067

Spoiler

xisskda.png

We should have won that game. We were better throughout, had better chances but couldn't take them. They then very, very nearly scored with the last kick of the game, so in the end I was thankful for the point. Especially when you consider...

nwQRnAY.png

Andre Biver, an 18 year old right wing back, popping up with the second goal of his career. Absolutely delicious.

zlue24x.png

We're nearly there.

Up next: Progres Niederkorn.

Matchday 29 - April 2067

Spoiler

OzQ1QFo.png

Oh. well that's a spanner in the works. We fought back from 2-0 down, and then had a third disallowed at 2-2 which seemed pivotal as they went up and scored almost immediately. After that, we just totally capitulated, and probably could have conceded double figures.

Oh well.

vo4P507.png

It makes it very simple for the final day. If we win or match Dudelange's result, then we're champions.

We're playing Rodange, who are fourth bottom.

Before that though, the cup final. 

Coupe de Luxembourg Final - 2067

Spoiler

IkOedPf.png

Bit of a dodgy start, but great stuff in the end. After that early goal, they had another chance to make it 2-0 and then it was all us for the rest of the game. 

Boning had a very good game setting up the first and scoring the second, and it was ultimately just a really, really comfortable game.

Wonderful.

BUIfO3b.png

O1URMth.png

That's step one complete. Now for Rodange to (hopefully) wrap up the league title too...

Matchday 30 - May 2067

Spoiler

QFQONyl.png

And we've secured the title in style. We were playing one of the poorest teams in the division, and it showed. Boning was sensational, and the second goal absolutely killed the game as a meaningful contest.

rt6xUgc.png

Dudelange also won their final game, so we win the title by just two points in the end.

It still counts though...

lv7vCbL.png

66YuxHP.png

Delighted. A long time since I managed a cup win alongside the league title, so that's very nice.

enQsWMT.png

As always, that spells an end to my time here.

Up next is Lithuania. 

13 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Just a wee update on this, after finishing second in the division - six points behind East Fife - Aberdeen scraped past Alloa and made the promotion playoff final...

2EicOyG.png

Shame Aberdeen have won the league. Woulda been a good one to take over there

Nations League Finals - 2067

We won the last Nations League, and I'd like to win this one as well but I'm not really fussed - and neither are the German FA or fans. A bit like real life I suppose.

Anyway, we're once again facing Spain in the semi finals. Netherlands v Italy in the other one.

Spoiler

xkKddIt.png

A bit of revenge for us knocking them out last time, and doing the same in the world cup I suppose. First half hour, and last 15 minutes we were really good but the time inbetween that wasn't very good. They absolutely deserved the victory.

We're playing the Netherlands in the third place playoff.

Spoiler

uXzxAwe.png

Well, that's good. We've been mostly pretty poor since the World Cup, but that felt like we were back to our best.

I also am led to understand that there may be a bit of a rivalry here, so that's good.