Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

Game 26 - April 2072

Spoiler

TYFkNWA.png

VRQz7zx.png

A vital win for us.

A really dodgy start, with very little going for us until we were gifted a penalty. Jin Feng missed it, but managed to get the rebound in, and from there we were in control. Two in two minutes from Storgronningen were the ones that really put us in control, and then Islami scored to seal the deal. That let us rest a few of our players for our next game as well - ideal.

O2i41kf.png

The lead now sits at three points, with just two games left. We can win it in our next game if results go our way...

Game 28 - April 2072

Spoiler

WPqTROz.png

Inexplicably, we played our last game several days after Pyunik did - against the same opposition.

They didn't hand it to us by losing, so it was up to us to make sure we got the job done.

Spoiler

MmvE9Ke.png

And that's why it's worth spending three quarters of a million pounds on Jin Feng and plunging the club into financial oblivion.

Absolutely strolled it. Delightful.

Aav7LXv.png

E9nOajo.png

tTWzcc1.png

One game to go in Armenia - the cup final.

Armenian Cup Final - May 2072

One final game to sign off in Armenia, and we're playing Ararat in the cup final. We have three comprehensive wins and a nil-nil against them this season, so we should be favourites.

Hopefully we can add another trophy to the cabinet before I leave.

Spoiler

In4c5GG.png

A very tough game, but we got there in the end. Had to come from behind twice, then when we finally got the lead in extra time we were pegged back immediately. Fortunately, straight from kickoff then, they contrived to get a red card and we were able to take advantage. Storgronningen played a blinder as well, and Albert Melitsetyan came off the bench to set up the last two goals. So that's nice.

ogwLwVQ.png

E9nOajo.png

It all means that we've done the league and cup double. Not bad for a club with precisely zero honours before this season.

The impending financial oblivion will be well worth it I'm sure.

I57uStS.png

And I'm away after five seasons in Armenia.

Next up - Slovakia.

Might be a little while before I can get a new job, the current job market looks like this...

BnbDWfi.png

4jaYhaa.png

From one country with a tense relationship with it's nearest neighbour to another, I'm off to Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Kozara are from Northern Bosnia, quite near the Croatian border, in the Republika Srpska bit of the country. The town is mostly Serb, as is most of the Republika Srpska, They've spent most of their history in the second tier, but are currently a top tier side - albeit one of the poorer ones on paper. In any case, they've no major honours but have won a load of lower league titles.

Anyway, hopefully we can get moving in the right direction - they've been a top flight club for three seasons and finished 9th, 10th and 10th out of 12.

Here we go. 

Meet the Team - Kozara Gradiska 2072/73

4 stars is "operating at Bosnian Premier League level", 3 stars is "decent player for premier league level"

iErrQun.png

Al-Ali is my highest rated player here, although I'll likely play Adnan Husic instead as he's a much better finisher. Al-Ali can play at attacking midfield anyway. Probably looking good for this season anyway, unless I can find someone else to join...

Q1dMWCz.png

We're probably good for the time being, although I will need to look for better players when I'm trying to win the league. Won't be quite there yet.

LF1rZPd.png

Someone to play alongside Zoric is my first priority here. He's a good passer, so will need to find someone who can win the ball back and give it to him. Should be good.

LpZ4ltf.png

Again, this looks ok. The squad is actually pretty decent for a side who's just trying to stay up.

pCpveuy.png

And I'm pleased with that. Not sure which one I'll give the nod for number 1.

On 21/10/2021 at 08:49, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Ah they'll make that money back with Champions League matches against Madrid and Milan.

This was the best run in ye've had for a while. I'm away to see how the map's looking

PeAzYjg.png

Not quite - that's the first qualifying round. Dropped into the Europa Conference League where they fared much better...

aC3dhlc.png

On 22/10/2021 at 08:42, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I once ended up at a team in Albania but they were in a Macedonian speaking region. I never realised this and signed a bunch of Albanians on frees. They all played shite and felt homesick. That the same sort of energy yer facing here?

I assume it'll be something similar, but I think the fact that Bosnian and Serbian (and Croatian, I believe) are basically the same language should help.

Transfers 2072

b8fMHHs.png

Only going to bother with transfers since I arrived at the club, so here we are. Lots of loans of young players and two fringe players sold. Rudar Priejedor are a lower league side with a bit of cash, and they seem to like giving it to me, so that's nice of them.

EmblE2g.png

And just the one player in. Falkirk are apparently a parent club of ours, so I got him for no wages which is lovely.

But anyway, Lewis Clarke. He's a well rounded centre midfielder, not outstanding at anything, but no glaring weaknesses either. He can also play at attacking midfield or on the right wing as well, so give us a few options there - still planning to play him in central midfield mostly. As I say, he's a loan and we're not playing anything for him so pretty pleased with that.

Spoiler

tj47XkR.png

August 2072

0TcJkup.png

Season started with a loss at five-in-a-row champions Sarajevo - fine.

Rest of the month went pretty well, although I was livid at the Slavija game since we were 2-0 up in the 88th minute and contrived to f**k it up from there. STill, seven points from our first four games and an incredibly comfortable win in the cup is a good start. Difficult to know how we'll get on this season, we've been mostly playing sides I would expect to be near the bottom of the table so difficult to get a proper read on it.

cTMczZO.png

If we stopped the season now and finished there, I would be over the moon,

My realistic aim for the season would be anything between 7th and 5th.

September 2072

xm7qL3w.png

Another really good month. Maybe we're better than I had thought?

Again though, both the games we drew involved us being in the lead until the last few minutes and then throwing it away, which is really frustrating. Getting a point against Zaljeznicar and Siroki Brijeg would normally be a decent result, but the circumstances of them aren't great.

HLvJevg.png

An incredible start overall though. 

October 2072

v5DeQST.png

A fucking ridiculous month. Our only dropped points were when I was resting a load of players having played 2 days earlier, so it's just delightful how it's going.

Knocking Sarajevo out the cup also blows the competition wide open, so we have a decent chance of doing well there now. We also beat them in the league with 37% possession, but limited them to very few chances so I think we probably deserved it.

I honestly have no idea how we're doing so well, but long may it continue.

XaXyo3l.png

Top of the table, albeit Sarajevo will go back top if they win either of their games in hand.

6 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

0lS1kE6.png

Another side quest - can I get these utter diddies to qualify for a major tournament? Probably not, but let's give it a go.

Anyway, further to this, thought I'd share a bit of background. Lithuania, throughout the save, have never made an appearance at either the Euros or a World Cup, and have never been higher than League C in the Nations League. So basically, absolute diddies on the international stage. Currently though, they have some decent players by Lithuanian standards, and I've included some of them in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

5XFsjv4.png

XMf6og5.png

c5htalL.png

1oG4CjO.png

November 2072

XfmkPRe.png

Very disappointing opening game - we really weren't very good in that game and totally deserved to lose.

Rest of the month went well enough though. The Siroki Brijeg game was a bit of a slog, with a missed penalty, disallowed goal and red card before we finally got the goal. Zvijezda game was likewise a bit of a tough one, when we were playing a much poorer side that us, and creating chances, but just not finishing them off.

xwqyCEi.png

But we're now half way through the season, and we're in second place and into the Cup Quarter finals.

I'd have definitely taken that at the start of the season.

Lithuania

ZxuGYJs.png

Managed a win in my first game against my old side Latvia, but we lost both of the competitive games comfortably. I now have my backroom staff in place though, so hopefully results will start to improve.

DdcLhLo.png

Had already beaten Estonia twice, so that's nice.

December 2072

edX357i.png

Bosnia has a winter break, so just the one game in December and we don't play again until February. 

In any case, a pretty straightforward win. We could, and maybe should, have scored a few more but three points is the main thing. Never looked in any trouble whatsoever.

h4lH5o8.png

And we're now five points off the top, but we look very good for a European spot. Which is lovely.