Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

And the signing of Moravcik was absolutely slaughtered by the morons in the press here who thought their 'dud Czech' headlines were funny.

An insular, petty, xenophobic sad wee bunch are the football press here.

Was it Leckie or Jackson who wrote an article about Morelos a few years ago and literally every second line was a reference to cocaine , Cartels and the narcos tv programme.

Edited by Forever_blueco

1 hour ago, Ric said:

..almost identical claims were made about Jansen, yet in a single season he recruited Larson, killed off any hope Rangers had of 10iar and left with a win ratio of about 65%.

If anything can be learned about foreign football managers, it's that if you know f**k all about them, best to hide that ignorance and not claim they'll be a disaster.

Jansens signings were by in large pretty good outwith Larsson who was obviously on another level

He also brought in Burley, Mahe, Rieper and Lambert which by all accounts is a pretty successful window for the time.

Dr Jo as you have alluded to was mocked however didn’t make any bad signings imo, Moravcik as we know was just special but he also signed Mjalby who was outstanding and Riseth who was pretty solid.

Which is why I can say yes it’s possibly an underwhelming appointment as he’s not the box office manager we all hoped for however I’m also far from convinced it will be a guaranteed disaster, this guy does seem to have something about him my biggest worry is can he attract the players we need. The only bad word I’ve heard about him so far is from Bob Malcom who can barely put a coherent sentence together at the best of times so not reading too much into that.

But he will get my support until it becomes clear he isn’t capable which ofc I hope doesn’t happen. 

So f**k it Big Ange CSC it is

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Was it Leckie or Jackson who wrote an article about Morelos a few years ago and literally every second line was a reference to cocaine , Cartels and the narcos tv programme.

Not sure who it was but I do remember reading something like that and cringing like f**k. 

Our media love a stereotype

5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

It was Scoop Jackson.  And he thought it was hilarious.   It was enough to make most people feel sympathy with Morelos.

31 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

MacGregor is slowly turning into Brown to be fair, Ill-discipline on pitch, loss of form, Celtic captain - it’s just a matter of time before he adds ‘dressing room rebellion leader’ to his repertoire imvho.

If Celtic are serious about stepping it up a level domestically - and a few in Europe - then McGregor won't be at the club much longer. 

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I think that article reflects more poorly on Bob Malcolm and his cronies rather than Postecoglu. I suppose it's just human nature and like any workplace with "senior people" who are not interested in change. Also, I can't imagine a world where Bob Malcolm would say that Ange Postecoglu is going to be a good choice for Celtic.

“The Greek-born Australian has been smashed in to heavy favourite….”

What kind of English is that?

26 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Not sure who it was but I do remember reading something like that and cringing like f**k. 

Our media love a stereotype

I mean it’s not as if he didn’t have enough writing material already with Morelos and his on field character and all the good and bad talking points which that has thrown up . 

It was also made to look ironic when you factor in the actual work Morelos does off the pitch in his hometown and the surrounding area to try combat that cycle of poverty and crime .

Edited by Forever_blueco

The last two pages belong in the terrible journos thread,I'm glad I stopped reading or listening to them about 10 years ago but the guys on here seem to like a good moan about them.
This is one of the worst things on P&B giving pages to nonentities,they must still have some influence.

2 hours ago, Insaintee said:

I don't think he was seriously suggesting Stubby is a good manager, only that he would be the ideal Celtic manager.

A fairly good manager , but definitely ideal for Celtic

45 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

If Celtic are serious about stepping it up a level domestically - and a few in Europe - then McGregor won't be at the club much longer. 

Yes I agree with you and the only person who’ll have the balls to sell him will be someone with little previous experience of Scottish football and it’s politics.

McGregor is a media darling and whoever sells him will be strung up by Keevins etc.

Just now, ewan14 said:

It was not a fluke !

Come now, I get that you wish to support a manager that was part of a national cup winning side, but other than that he failed his primary target (promoting Hibs) totally fucked up at Rotherham and was unbelievably inept and naive in his short time with us.

As I said, there is a very good reason he's only had 3 jobs, his last being 3 years ago.

RE: McGregor, I think he's a decent enough player, certainly Clarke thinks he's good enough to go to the Euros. It all depends on how the new manager sets up his team as to whether he'll still be there next season. You feel he'd be worth a decent transfer wedge though, so perhaps that might swing things.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes I agree with you and the only person who’ll have the balls to sell him will be someone with little previous experience of Scottish football and it’s politics.

McGregor is a media darling and whoever sells him will be strung up by Keevins etc.

This is nonsense,McGregor is one of the best midfielders in Scotland plus howe can he be a Darling for the MSM when he does nothing off the field to give them ammo?

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

This is nonsense,McGregor is one of the best midfielders in Scotland plus howe can he be a Darling for the MSM when he does nothing off the field to give them ammo?

Yes he is but please don’t give me the pish he’s anything more than a good Scottish Premier League midfielder - like Scott Brown, he’s not.

26 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

He ain't coming, willy, let it go...

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes he is but please don’t give me the pish he’s anything more than a good Scottish Premier League midfielder - like Scott Brown, he’s not.

The Scottish league will never be as good as the top 5 leagues in Europe but if Jack Hendry can play in the Belgium league we're doing something right.
You will need to explain what you mean by that,Celtic have a more than decent record of having players that can play at a higher level.