PPV variable pricing in Premiership?

5 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Didn't realise that, fair enough, just knew that it wasn't available and then it was. It was a good stream too when I used it.

There was a huge gap between the Killie match and the next genuine PPV one at Easter Road, as we were either away / on Sky etc.

9 hours ago, well fan for life said:

The main thing is the disparity in the amount different clubs charge per game. Ranges from someone like Aberdeen who charged £12 for our away game all the way up to Livingston charging a mind boggling £20 for it. 

It's just another complete mishandling of the situation created by Covid. Why not have a centralised streaming service set up? Instead I think I've got about 9 different accounts all with various other clubs. 

Sky specifically didn't allow a centralised service. As it would be a direct competitor to their business.

21 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Sky specifically didn't allow a centralised service. As it would be a direct competitor to their business.

The fact that games can't be broadcast at 3 on a Saturday the moment restrictions are lifted is probably another.

Nobody really knew for sure exactly how long it would be.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The fact that games can't be broadcast at 3 on a Saturday the moment restrictions are lifted is probably another.

Nobody really knew for sure exactly how long it would be.

Exactly, in July we went 2 weeks with 0 deaths, there was quite a while that it looked like we'd be getting back to some kind of normal by October, unfortunately that hasn't happened.

12 hours ago, well fan for life said:

The main thing is the disparity in the amount different clubs charge per game. Ranges from someone like Aberdeen who charged £12 for our away game all the way up to Livingston charging a mind boggling £20 for it. 

It's just another complete mishandling of the situation created by Covid. Why not have a centralised streaming service set up? Instead I think I've got about 9 different accounts all with various other clubs. 

Just signed up for St Mirren PPV tonight. Now have an account with Aberdeen, Ross County, Hamilton, Dundee United and now St Mirren. It would have been a lot more if not for Sky and Premier Sports.

10 hours ago, AJF said:

I can see the merits of this, but it would then remove the option for clubs to choose and appoint their own streaming provider. For example, I believe Rangers use a different provider than the majority of clubs which seems to have paid off as we don't seem to have suffered from the widescale issues that other clubs have such as streams dropping, not being able to get connected or poor picture quality (barring a couple of minor issues).

I haven’t had any problems with any of the clubs streams that I’ve watched so far. In fact, I’ve only had problems with Premier Sports.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I haven’t had any problems with any of the clubs streams that I’ve watched so far. In fact, I’ve only had problems with Premier Sports.

It’s possibly been rectified since, but I can definitely remember at the start of the season a lot of fans complaining at the poor quality of the streaming service being provided.

35 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s possibly been rectified since, but I can definitely remember at the start of the season a lot of fans complaining at the poor quality of the streaming service being provided.

I missed the vast majority of our game v Kilmarnock as the stream kept freezing/dropping. They admitted it was their fault, but said theres a no refund policy, not that I actually asked.