starting driving lessons (again).

Ylf

38 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Never had an out and out need to drive so never bothered my arse trying to get a license. I'm now planning to move out of the city so driving will become a necessity. I passed my G1 test (equivalent of the theory test) in August, I'd had been practicing using an app and right before I took my test was getting 100% so was pretty confident, of course when I did the real test there was a bunch of questions that were never on the app, got just enough questions right to pass. Ontario has a graduated license system so you have to wait a year (or 8 months if you take a classroom course) before sitting your G2 test which means you can drive on your own with restrictions, then you have to hold a G2 license a year before you can sit your G (full) license test.

Since we don't have a car at the moment I didn't see the point in jumping into lessons right after I passed then not being able to drive for a few months before my G1 test. So the plan is to start next month, I figure if I can learn to drive in the winter in the busiest city with some of the worst drivers in the Canada then driving anywhere should be a breeze!

i cannot mind for the life of me where i heard this, but are motorcyclists in canada not absolutely suicidal and ride about even in ice/snow? sure there was a thing that someone went there and could not believe how many he saw cutting about in full on icy/blizzard conditions

25 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

i cannot mind for the life of me where i heard this, but are motorcyclists in canada not absolutely suicidal and ride about even in ice/snow? sure there was a thing that someone went there and could not believe how many he saw cutting about in full on icy/blizzard conditions

Now that I think about I don't remember motorcyclists riding around in mid winter of not, winter tyres aren't a legal requirement in Ontario like they are in Quebec but pretty much everyone puts them on their cars, not sure about bikes. It can be eye watering walking against the wind when it feels like -30 so I can't imagine it's too pleasant riding a motorbike.  

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, tatf said:

I’m quick at learning and have had experience driving before I’ve also got my provisional and theory test passed and at 1k how many lessons are we talking would 10 or 20 be good perhaps I don’t know I just need to know how many lessons really.

I'll teach you for £500.00.

On 05/12/2020 at 11:35, Slenderman said:

Always hate the fact you can't 'wave people across'.

Some fucking bawbag was hesitant about crossing & still cost me a minor. Would've been a major if I'd have waved him.

You might have lost your provisional license for knocking him down, Might have been worth it...