Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)

Seasonal Affective Disorder   

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally I get very drained and have a low mood over winter, punctuated by a few days rest over Christmas. I actually love Autumn and the glorious colours we see in forests, love the great Scottish larder and warming foods at this time plus, like Oaksoft I get a peculiar Christmas feel around now where I’ll listen to carols on YouTube etc. 

However by around now and the change of clocks, the dreich dismal darkness and feeling colder in the house, I get the onset of SAD. I was on holiday in the Canaries over xmas/ New Year in 2018 and 2019 and would love to make a winter sun holiday a permanent feature. We are off to the Caribbean in February this year ahead and it’s only the thought of that that improves my state of depressed mood tbh. I even have started to loath the greed around Christmas and since my kids are now adults, I’ve no need to really look forward to the “Festive Season”.