Dumbarton vs Cove Rangers

Hartely takes off 2 midfielders and and puts on another two midfielders and leaves the striker on the bench!

Dumbarton are sitting way to deep. We've been dreadful. It would be frustrating as a sons fan not to get 3 points as this Cove XI is probably the worst team you've faced all season.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

It’s been a much improved performance and in general it has been a good, even game. Cove had a few good chances and big Schmeical has kept us in it but Wilson had the chance of the half and I can’t believe he never scored. 
We look so much better when we get the ball down and try to play. Frizzell and especially Wilson are causing Cove problems, unfortunately Church and Hamilton have looked off the pace. I’d like to see Crossan come on for one of them fairly soonish.
The game is there for the taking, we just need a slice of luck and wee bit more quality in the final third. 
Why the hell is that coathanger hanging from stand? 

Been there a good few years now, was either Xmas tinsel or Halloween stuff hanging from it, embarrassing it’s still there [emoji85][emoji85]

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Hartely takes off 2 midfielders and and puts on another two midfielders and leaves the striker on the bench!

Dumbarton are sitting way to deep. We've been dreadful. It would be frustrating as a sons fan not to get 3 points as this Cove XI is probably the worst you've faced all season.

I understand you guys have been used to dominating almost every game for the last few seasons but I think you’re being a bit harsh on Cove. You’ve looked fairly handy going forward and have been decent enough at the back. Perhaps lacking someone to stick it away but we’ve played far worse teams this season.

Since we scored the ref has been fucking attrocious. Some proper baffling decisions.

On 11/12/2020 at 15:05, ThroughtheTurnstiles said:

Like the bit about Brentford. Pity you are struggling to score as you've managed to grind out a few good results regardless. I reckon this could be another scud-apiece, which I assume Sons would take?

Cove fans, is the honeymoon period over yet or are we speaking too soon?

Yep honeymoon is over! No Mitch or Rory and we're toothless. Any team can turn us over.

Dumbarton are doing this without playing their best.

21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I understand you guys have been used to dominating almost every game for the last few seasons but I think you’re being a bit harsh on Cove. You’ve looked fairly handy going forward and have been decent enough at the back. Perhaps lacking someone to stick it away but we’ve played far worse teams this season.

Since we scored the ref has been fucking attrocious. Some proper baffling decisions.

I knew when the team sheet came out that we'd struggle to get goals. No one in a Cove shirt seriously looked capable of scoring. 

Performance wasn't to the standard of the last 3 games even.

Without Mitch and playing that Cove XI are mid table at very best. Perhaps even lower than that.

Good goal from Dumbarton, all the best against Montrose

Delighted with that. 

We rode our luck at times but it was refreshing to see us play football and actually try to attack. 

I’m absolutely not one for having a go at referees but Aitken was horrific in that second half. I genuinely couldn’t believe some of the decisions he was giving. 

THE COATHANGER MUST STAY!

Would take that any day. I think the main difference today was that Cove aren't as good a team as Falkirk or Partick in terms of dominating possession and things. Obviously if they had started with Mitch then they would have increased their chances of scoring about 10 times over but if we put in performances like that against the majority of sides in this league we will have a chance of picking up points.