Premiership Best & Worst Posters 2020

The early exit polls are looking good but I am a tad nervous that some very bad things may have happened overnight meaning I miss out on the Best Dundee United Poster award.

A lot of people (great people!) are saying I am a shoe-in to win but we will see once the results are revealed over the coming days and weeks.

Let us pray. 🙏

I hope most of you have a Merry Christmas. 🎅

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

If I'm unfairly "voted" as the "worst" Saints poster of the year, thanks to votes from fellow Saints fans, despite me not even posting for the full year, then you'll hear from my lawyers.

If id bothered posting for the full year then it wouldn't even be close and id probably be challenging as one of the best. I spend a lot time on this forum so I don't deserve to be bottom.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If I'm unfairly "voted" as the "worst" Saints poster of the year, thanks to votes from fellow Saints fans, despite me not even posting for the full year, then you'll hear from my lawyers.

If id bothered posting for the full year then it wouldn't even be close and id probably be challenging as one of the best. I spend a lot time on this forum so I don't deserve to be bottom.

I hear you. I'm pretty sure HibsFan has been in collusion with some posters from the Championship forum to rig the votes. He even notified some posters that they weren't in the running for best Rangers poster, long before the votes were in. I'll compile a dossier so we can vote on whether he should be running this thread.

HAMILTON ACCIES

210246323_Screenshot2020-12-27at00_20_46.thumb.png.7f9a7c1a86b29f44fee757a489141e04.png

Pie and Bovril's best-loved Accies posters of 2020:

As Tunbridge wanted some cheering up, we're starting off in Lanarkshire. Here we have a group of posters who, much like their club, are small in stature but big in heart. It's a credit to Accies that - unlike other smaller sides currently lost in the top flight (looking at you Ross County and Livingston) - their posters are relevant enough for people to remember their names.

Without further ado, here are the results for best Hamilton Accies poster:

3rd@Bert Raccoon and @G51 Red share the bronze with 11% of the vote apiece. As one of G51 Red's voters, I think the allure of him being a weegie Old Firm shunner helped him onto the podium here. Got to be honest, I can't say I've ever noticed Bert much, but he's got a fan club.

2nd - @accies1874 sits comfortably out in second with just shy of a quarter of the votes. Most of his votes were from fellow Accies, so think of him as the players' player equivalent. His vote for @Academically Deficient (who just missed out on a top three finish FWIW) shows that, like Accies' academy, he's all about bringing through the next generation.

1st - @Scotty Tunbridge takes it in a landslide as the Tunbridge Redemption Arc continues to gather pace. Definitely the most box office poster that Accies have and he knows it. He even voted for himself, which is an undoubted alpha move. Congrats to Scotty T and well done the Accies!

Worst posters coming at 7pm, when it'll be time for the ML3 wall of shame. 1535465780_JackSloshed.png.3546ae1f1e0058157b4673970579897c.png

Edited by HibsFan

Cszl1GGWEAAW36l.thumb.jpg.15631df411689a8e99ca69342b9b940b.jpg

Pie and Bovril's most-despised Accies posters of 2020:

Though I sung the praises of the Hamilton Boeys in the last post, that's not to say that it's all roses in South Lanarkshire. The Accies mob, sadly no longer spearheaded by Brogan, attract their fair share of flak. Their insistence on staying in this league year after year at the expense of bigger clubs, while admirable in the piss that it boils, has clearly rubbed voters the wrong way. They've voted accordingly below.

3rd - @yummy fur, a poster that I legitimately have never even heard of. But he's been on here since 2005 which is some effort sad as f**k. Anyhow, he's clearly pissed off a couple of the Accies boeys and he's paid the price for it.

2nd - @Im_Rodger has dropped off the radar this year after losing some kind of bet and/or Vince Russo 'Loser Leaves Town' WWF match he had with a Dundee poster. Nevertheless, his rampant Toryism and boring contrarian positions have kept him fresh in the minds of the P&B electorate. Every vote for Rodger contain some sort of reference to his - frankly awful - political leanings. Good work, all.

1st - @Scotty Tunbridge does the double, and he's got only himself to blame for this one. :lol: With the votes for worst Accies poster deadlocked between himself and Rodger, Tunbridge's decision to vote for himself as best Accies poster - something he didn't need to do as he was miles out in front regardless - prompted @Coventry Saint to cast the deciding vote for worst Accies poster in Scotty's favour. Now that's what I call Schadenfreude!

That's the first of twelve done. We'll be boarding the five minute Scotrail journey* to Motherwell for tonight's final offering. Half 7 for their best poster and 8pm for their worst.

*Delays expected. 1649889983_HackedOffRoss.png.c75bd9d5cbbd92817f5d36ff556be48a.png

Edited by HibsFan

MOTHERWELL 

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.fbef97d5ef471f150747d621d20f066c.jpg

Pie and Bovril's best-loved Well posters of 2020:

As it goes, the Well have a fairly good quality level of Pie and Bovril posters. Not as brash or in your face as the m9s, or as tedious and constant as the Perth Pack. For this reason, votes were spread around quite nicely, so there are honourable mentions to dish out. Terrace baking star @thisGRAEME and the (in light of very recent news) unfortunately-named @Jim McLean's Ghost both just missed out on the podium. @MJC was a dark horse for third thanks to the Govan voting bloc, but thankfully others have won out. And here they are!

3rd - @Busta Nut sneaks into third place ahead of the aforementioned chasing pack. According to one such voter, he's been quite good lately and turned a corner. Good for him.

2nd - @capt_oats, much like a Stuart McCall Motherwell side, is happy playing second fiddle. A clear gap in the numbers between him and those behind indicates that he's definitely one of the most well-thought of Well posters on here.

1st - @YassinMoutaouakil though has dominated this field and comes away with the deserved win. Don't think anyone can begrudge him it, a good poster. Apparently he "isn't posting in the right places" (me neither) but he takes the crown nonetheless.

Worst posters coming up in half an hour or so. Rossface.png.ed4452f46db7b7ee71efe19664809426.png

Edited by HibsFan

EhnoUqEWsAEM_Tz.jpg.46f174f9751312a61720842dc5731321.jpg

Pie and Bovril's most-despised Well posters of 2020:

As said in the post above, Motherwell are a well-liked bunch, which means their wrong'uns stick out like sore thumbs. That said, the results of this one bring a whole new meaning to the phrase 'one horse race'.

Spoiler

SteinerPromoMain.thumb.jpg.f8cbcd431def5970fa06ac6872864e9e.jpg

"You know they say that all Motherwell posters are created equal, but you look at @YassinMoutaouakil and you look at @MJC, and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go into a Pie and Bovril worst poster of the year competition, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But MJC is a h*n freak, and he's not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, of beating him. Then you add the fact that Rangers are now doing well into the mix, your chances of winning drastically go down. See, on the podium of worst Motherwell poster, you got a 33 and a 1/3 chance of winning, but MJC, MJC's got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because @capt_oats KNOWS he can't beat him, and he's not even gonna try! So, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus MJC's 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning this award. But then you take MJC's 75% chance of winning, if you and him were to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 percent, and MJC's got 141 2/3 chance of winning it. See, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for MJC in this category."

Anyway, that's enough of that. Here's the breakdown.

3rd - @welldaft and @Mr Waldo share third place. Can't say I've ever cared for either of them much, so no loss there.

2nd - @Jim McLean's Ghost finds his way onto both podiums. His antics in the Tartan Army forum have apparently rubbed a few folk the wrong way. He can't catch a break right now.

1st - @MJC and it's so clearly MJC that it's not even funny. When you think 'bad Motherwell poster', you think of the sad act, forelock-tugging Rangers obsessive that is this poster. To be fair, it's quite a good bit and he's clearly got a reaction out of us. But yeah, he's won it with 72% of the votes. No doubt he'll say that it's a fitting tribute to Barcelona. Welt.

That's all for tonight. Will spread them out a bit more tomorrow in the vain hope that one of you c***s will actually reply and stop me from rambling on in a manner that would make James Joyce blush, but we'll be starting some time in the early afternoon. Join us then. 1701049922_JackBoss.png.d251fe60a8c197924831094e9e040a1c.png

Edited by HibsFan

His vote for [mention=79642]Academically Deficient[/mention] (who just missed out on a top three finish FWIW) shows that, like Accies' academy, he's all about bringing through the next generation.

This bit I really liked, if there a best newcomer award Accies could swoop that as well