Scottish Incel Terrorist

Friel claimed he also wanted to commit “suicide by cop” when he stabbed a police officer at Edinburgh College’s Granton campus in November 2017.

He said fears he would fail a test had triggered negative thoughts of being bullied at high school in Singapore and previous attempts to take his own life, which led to further attempts before the college incident.

The court heard Friel was sentenced to 300 hours of community service after pleading guilty at a hearing in June 2018 to the stabbing, which endangered the officer’s life.

WTF!

He must have had the best QC money can buy.

17 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Hadn't heard of incel until the Joker.  Outwith the reddit gaming forum and a few other equally nerdy sites I'd expect P&B to have a top five incel:registered member ratio tbh.   

bQshDtu.png

i used to log into a big american MMA website, incel threads were quite common, 

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/160521499

5 minutes ago, Torpar said:

For the most part aye, some take it a little too far...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_van_attack

Of course, I'm more thinking of r/braincels which used to be a good laugh, same with /r9k/ on 4chan. The internet breeds some weirdos.

As funny as the stories of Elliot Rodger and Alek Minassian are though, the rare times these people go on to do something are always tragic. People like them need their web history monitored for the safety of others.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

When I was a kid I used to visit 4chan and there were incel types and as a kid I naively thought it was all some big self deprecating satirical joke, fast forward 15 years and they're actually getting charged and engaging in terrorism. The Pepe the frog documentary was an eye opener for me that some people are actually that proudly unhinged. 

Also the fact that they don't pretend they're asexual and instead go for INVOLUNTARY celibate blows my mind. Imagine actually describing yourself as involuntary celibate..

Edited by Stormzy

6 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Also the fact that they don't pretend they're asexual and instead go for INVOLUNTARY celibate blows my mind. Imagine actually describing yourself as involuntary celibate..

I suppose they prefer that term over "not getting my hole" as it conveys a certain false sense of it actually being their choice.

It's all about highlighting the injustice they face because hot girls don't want to shag them. Elliot Rodger's manifesto is full of "I hate everyone because girls don't approach me despite the fact that I am perfect. This world is cruel and evil to me." These guys never attempt to make things better for themselves, they expect everything to come to them and hate everyone when it obviously doesn't happen.

37 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

as a kid I naively thought it was all some big self deprecating satirical joke

I think that's how a lot of today's madness started, then some people thought it was serious and took it to to the next level to the point where Trump got taken treated seriously, and spotty kids pretended to be trans lesbians to wind up the feminazis... 

Come to think of it I think we watched the same show, I'm getting deja vu.. 4

29 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It's all about highlighting the injustice they face because hot girls don't want to shag them. Elliot Rodger's manifesto is full of "I hate everyone because girls don't approach me despite the fact that I am perfect. This world is cruel and evil to me." These guys never attempt to make things better for themselves, they expect everything to come to them and hate everyone when it obviously doesn't happen.

If they're perfect why aren't they "chads" though, sporty outgoing types that babes like?

29 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

300 hours community service for stabbing a policeman. Pretty lenient right enough. 

I can only think that they thought he was mentally ill but there was no places free in secure hospitals. Weird one.

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

I suppose they prefer that term over "not getting my hole" as it conveys a certain false sense of it actually being their choice.

Involuntary celibacy does mean 'not getting my hole', though! Hence the involuntary.

It's because they're not celibate by choice, like a monk is supposed to be, that they're so angry. Basically they're sexually frustrated, and become resentful and misogynistic, even misanthropic. Like all movements - animal rights campaigners, religious and political extremists - a small element will end up doing something crazy. Within any group like this there will be a small number of very fanatical and/or mentally ill people willing to take it to the extreme for their cause or beliefs. Most will just rant online.

52 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

When I was a kid I used to visit 4chan and there were incel types and as a kid I naively thought it was all some big self deprecating satirical joke, fast forward 15 years and they're actually getting charged and engaging in terrorism. The Pepe the frog documentary was an eye opener for me that some people are actually that proudly unhinged. 

They're online and could just lie about shagging loads. Being an incel lets them feel aggrieved and abdicate any responsibility for why they're unfuckable.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think that's how a lot of today's madness started, then some people thought it was serious and took it to to the next level to the point where Trump got taken treated seriously, and spotty kids pretended to be trans lesbians to wind up the feminazis... 

Come to think of it I think we watched the same show, I'm getting deja vu.. 4I'm

I'm fairly sure that the incel thing was started by a woman in the 90s who eventually came out as queer and is now happily married