Rangers vs Motherwell 19th December

A wobble on Sunday and a deserved loss tonight.  All is not well on The Death Star © Bill Leckie so I expect The Dossers on here to have a certain optimism.

Our big problem tonight was that the combo of Aribo and Bassey on our LHS is a liability and was ruthlessly exploited by St Boo whose game plan worked so well.

I expect Borna and Kamara to be present and that Helander will start in place of Balogun.  @G51will sort out the rest of the team...

Our recent record against the Old Firm is dreadful. We have lost our last eleven meetings with both of them combined and the majority of them have been heavy defeats. That won't change on Saturday.

And with Rangers losing in the Cup tonight we will almost certainly be on the end of a backlash.

6-1 Rangers and we'll probably be 2-0 down within the first ten minutes.

4 minutes ago, MJC said:

Our recent record against the Old Firm is dreadful. We have lost our last eleven meetings with both of them combined and the majority of them have been heavy defeats. That won't change on Saturday.

And with Rangers losing in the Cup tonight we will almost certainly be on the end of a backlash.

6-1 Rangers and we'll probably be 2-0 down within the first ten minutes.

Who's scoring for us?

Robinson will follow Goodisons gameplan from tonight and get stuck right in, we just can't deal with teams being physical.  I really can't see us getting anything from this game.

Jack being missing from midfield is a huge loss, same with Alfredo linking up play and creating space which we struggle to replicate. 

Motherwell only beat Rangers when it really matters and with our last league win at Ibrox coming before I was born I’m not exactly optimistic about this one.

Rangers 1-1 Motherwell

Mon the hammer throwers!

8 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Who's scoring for us?

Own goal, same as last time. It's the closest we'll get to laying a glove on them.

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Robinson will follow Goodisons gameplan from tonight and get stuck right in, we just can't deal with teams being physical.  I really can't see us getting anything from this game.

Jack being missing from midfield is a huge loss, same with Alfredo linking up play and creating space which we struggle to replicate. 

You've obviously not seen much of us recently. The 'physical' element of our game that served us well a few years back is long gone and as a side we are soft as shite and easily beaten. All you need to do is take the lead against us and that wins you the game, seeing as we are incapable of scoring an equaliser this season.

This really is the best fixture you could hope for if you want to bounce back from a bad result, because we are gutless when it comes to games against the Old Firm and haven't won a league match against Rangers for eighteen years. Trust me, that will 100 percent still be the case come 5pm on Saturday.

6 hours ago, MJC said:

Own goal, same as last time. It's the closest we'll get to laying a glove on them.

You've obviously not seen much of us recently. The 'physical' element of our game that served us well a few years back is long gone and as a side we are soft as shite and easily beaten. All you need to do is take the lead against us and that wins you the game, seeing as we are incapable of scoring an equaliser this season.

This really is the best fixture you could hope for if you want to bounce back from a bad result, because we are gutless when it comes to games against the Old Firm and haven't won a league match against Rangers for eighteen years. Trust me, that will 100 percent still be the case come 5pm on Saturday.

This. We will be 2 or 3 down by HT. I’ll be looking for something, anything to do to try and forget the game is on. 

What a time to be a ‘Well fan. 

35 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

This. We will be 2 or 3 down by HT. I’ll be looking for something, anything to do to try and forget the game is on. 

What a time to be a ‘Well fan. 

We'd be better off forfeiting this game and taking the 0-3 loss, it's the only way we'll keep the scoreline relatively 'respectable' and we won't have to endure yet another spineless capitulation and listen to the inevitable pish about how "we gave it everything, we can be proud of our effort" from the players and Robinson afterwards and the "we can't expect to compete with them when our budget dwarfs ours, games against the OF don't matter" line from the usual suspects in our support.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

I'm not sure the St Mirren plan works on a pitch as wide as Ibrox with SPFL players. Controlling space is much easier on a narrower pitch.

Robinson might have his own ideas for trying to stop us anyway.

Whatever they are they are likely to be undone in a matter of minutes after KO.

I have put a few bob on us get scudded by all sorts of varieties and ways.  The thinking being that a hammering makes me some money and if I lose and we get a result or even a narrow loss I am not bothered about the bet.   Kind of reverse psychology.

When I do this I usually lose both the bet and we don't get a result.  So if you want to make a few bob back a last minute winner or a 3 or 4-0 victory for Rangers.  

Edited by welldaft

8 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Whatever they are they are unlikely to be undone in a matter of minutes after KO.

I have put a few bob on us get scudded by all sorts of varieties and ways.  The thinking being that a hammering makes me some money and if I lose and we get a result or even a narrow loss I am not bothered about the bet.   Kind of reverse psychology.

When I do this I usually lose both the bet and we don't get a result.  So if you want to make a few bob back a last minute winner or a 3 or 4-0 victory for Rangers.  

I use the emotional hedge all the time in the NFL. It's the noble way to bet.