Rangers vs Motherwell 19th December

55 minutes ago, ropy said:

As well as Rangers are doing this season I find it strange that I haven’t heard of half the names in the suggested line up, is Durie struggling to get a game these days?

Juke Box on the bench tomorrow with Dan Prodan and John Eustace.

Eric Caldow's leg break is healing well but I'm not sure if Jim Baxter has got his fitness back after his sojourn in Sunderland.

How's that Keith MacRae doing for your mob?  He's been great in the Texaco cup.

Edited by The_Kincardine

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Juke Box on the bench tomorrow with Dan Prodan and John Eustace.

Eric Caldow's leg break is healing well but I'm not sure if Jim Baxter has got his fitness back after his sojourn in Sunderland.

How's that Keith MacRae doing for your mob?  He's been great in the Texaco cup.

He prefers playing up front, a conundrum 

Got the rip roaring fear for this one, can’t see anything other than a very comfortable rangers win unfortunately, like mentioned previously we just don’t have the mentality to compete against either one of the cheeks or to even frustrate them for a an hour/70 mins

5/6-0 rangers 

9 minutes ago, Dosser0209 said:

Got the rip roaring fear for this one, can’t see anything other than a very comfortable rangers win unfortunately, like mentioned previously we just don’t have the mentality to compete against either one of the cheeks or to even frustrate them for a an hour/70 mins

5/6-0 rangers 

Exactly the same,  the last few seasons have seen us starting off well then teams started getting physical and we couldn't cope with that.  A horrible sense of deja vu..

2 hours ago, Dosser0209 said:

Got the rip roaring fear for this one, can’t see anything other than a very comfortable rangers win unfortunately

Can you just imagine the absolute heads gone from MJC if Motherwell do somehow manage to pull off a result*, boosting Celtic's chances of pulling back the 10IAR deficit? The explosion will be visible from space.

* They won't.

Rangers will score an early goal. Our heads will drop. 3-0 HT.

Gerrard will tell them that “this mob are yet to pick up a point after going behind this season” and send his boys out for a training exercise in the second half.

Tony Watt will come out firing and score 2 goals by the 70th minute.

Just as Motherwell look to push on and steal a point Don Robertson will award Rangers a penalty with the scoreline finishing 4-2.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Famous last words, but that Motherwell set up doesn’t look like it’s designed to contain Tavernier and Goldson

Effectively bus parked, ultra defensive set up for damage limitation before a ball is kicked. 

8-1-1 with Lang linking the defence to Watt up top. 

11 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Effectively bus parked, ultra defensive set up for damage limitation before a ball is kicked. 

8-1-1 with Lang linking the defence to Watt up top. 

Without Morelos to create space, bus parking could work, we get desperate and start pushing more players forward then you guys nip up the park and score.

Edited by bennett

2 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Can you just imagine the absolute heads gone from MJC if Motherwell do somehow manage to pull off a result*, boosting Celtic's chances of pulling back the 10IAR deficit? The explosion will be visible from space.

* They won't.

You mean if the team I actually support win against a side that we've not beaten in the league for nearly 20 years? I'll be pretty pleased to be honest.

Not that it will happen anyway, especially with that horrific line up of ours today. I will be genuinely surprised if we are not at least 3-0 down by half time.

On 18/12/2020 at 09:19, G51 said:

Having stayed up all of last night to read the stars, I'm delighted to once again bring you early team news for the game tomorrow.

McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Davis, Arfield, Zungu, Kent, Defoe, Roofe

Now we know which one of us Stevie G listens to ;)

15 minutes ago, bennett said:

Without Morelos to create space, bus parking could work, we get desperate and start pushing more players forward then you guys nip up the park and score.

Sounds feasible against most other teams , but we simply don't score.

Plus Mugabi and Lamie . . . .