*** slayers v St Johnstone 19/12/20

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

St Mirren looked fairly flat that first half, understandable after the high of Wednesday night, which makes giving them a lift with the red card just before half time even more stupid.

We can't keep teams out with a full team so this is a big challenge ahead for us...

My weird logic is a compact back 4 is better defensively than an expanise back 5.

Need big performances from the midfield and May though. Cant give St Mirren 45 minutes of attacking us.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

My weird logic is a compact back 4 is better defensively than an expanise back 5.

Need big performances from the midfield and May though. Cant give St Mirren 45 minutes of attacking us.

Yes I know what you mean, defence just focus on defending without worrying about anything else.

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Can't claim to be a St Mirren expert, but did your manager not just take off 2 of your better players?

In fairness to Jim, Connolly is very quick but given how compact StJ are he just wasn’t getting room to run into and Ethan getting hooked for a striker makes sense as you guys are just sitting in.

Just now, Valentino Bolognese said:

Can't claim to be a St Mirren expert, but did your manager not just take off 2 of your better players?

Yep on the face of it that seems to be quite a baffling double substitution. Erwin has been absolutely abysmal, so how he is still on the park I don’t know. Morias coming on would have been a more obvious option in my opinion, and McAllister wouldn’t be the player I would be looking to in a game we need to press, but I’m sitting in my living room watching so my opinion doesn’t mean much. 

St Mirren having plenty of the ball but absolutely no penetration. St Johnstone managing the game well so far. 

1 minute ago, Torfason said:

In fairness to Jim, Connolly is very quick but given how compact StJ are he just wasn’t getting room to run into and Ethan getting hooked for a striker makes sense as you guys are just sitting in.

Erwin coming off for the Paisley Panda would be an improvement. 

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Formation seemed to be working fine so far in the second half. Bit surprised at the change in set up, hopefully doesn't lead to us camped around our own box for the remainder of the game..

St Mirren brining Obika on means they'll just keep two big lumps in the box now. Better to have 3 players to combat that than two, I guess.

Not sure we can keep this up tbh, but I'll be happy if we can leave here with a point considering the circumstances.