Rangers vs Hibs

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

To be fair that's his first start in about a month, coming back from injury. His influence was lessening before then though. He's still the one midfielder we have though that's not a bit of a flake. Sort of links in to my point about Allan earlier, when we play a sort of flat 2 or 3 in midfield he looks a bit lost. 

Yeah, you’d think if Allan can recover from whatever it was he was suffering from and get himself fit, he could have a large part to play for Hibs this season and I’d probably back them to finish ahead of Aberdeen.

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yeah, you’d think if Allan can recover from whatever it was he was suffering from and get himself fit, he could have a large part to play for Hibs this season and I’d probably back them to finish ahead of Aberdeen.

Aye, there's still a disconnect between the midfield and the attack sometimes, an overreliance on Boyle or Nesbit making chances. Mallan has barely played but to play him plus the 2 strikers we'd need to go 352 and drop Boyle to wing back.

I guess the thinking is it's worthwhile to do that for Scott Allan but not Stevie Mallan, which it's hard to argue with. Mostly it's been a 442 with Magennis or Murphy cutting in from the left to I guess offer a more creative outlet.

The 352 is my preference though, and would let Gogic and Newall sit and break up/build play respectively. Today's the first time I think we've played it in a while, but without that number 10

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

19 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

The match report on the BBC for this is fucking delicious. 

I doubt this is what you’re referring to, but I like the quotes from Jack Ross after the game. He says that Hibs are trying to foster a mentality of not being happy at any loss, and then in the next sentence more or less saying that he’s happy after the loss.

6 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Sevco are very comfortable when they score the first goal and manage the game out, most teams in Scotland can't cope with that.
Hibs did well but not enough to trouble a safe win at ibrox.

Like when they scored the first goal against St Mirren last week and got beat? Or when they were 2 up against Benfica at home and drew, or maybe when they were 3-1 up in Portugal and ended the game in a draw?

Mind boggling how a team with multiple times the budget of every team in the league but one, seem comfortable when they score the first goal. You’ve really landed on something here. 

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I doubt this is what you’re referring to, but I like the quotes from Jack Ross after the game. He says that Hibs are trying to foster a mentality of not being happy at any loss, and then in the next sentence more or less saying that he’s happy after the loss.

No he doesnt. 

In summary; First para - not happy to lose, second para - proud of the performance and referencing Rangers record.

Nothing more or less to read into it.

JR

"We are trying to grow and foster a mentality at the club where we are not happy to lose matches, so we are disappointed we have not taken anything from the game.

"But it's a day for tempering that with pride in large parts of our performance. I thought we were excellent in how hard we made Rangers work for their victory in a stadium where they have been relentless this season."

9 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Like when they scored the first goal against St Mirren last week and got beat? Or when they were 2 up against Benfica at home and drew, or maybe when they were 3-1 up in Portugal and ended the game in a draw?

Mind boggling how a team with multiple times the budget of every team in the league but one, seem comfortable when they score the first goal. You’ve really landed on something here. 

It's nothing to do with money and the quality of players they can sign, remember. Celtic and Rangers players just want it more. 

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's nothing to do with money and the quality of players they can sign, remember. Celtic and Rangers players just want it more. 

Probably due to their greater football knowledge.

30 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Probably due to their greater football knowledge.

Probably explains why every Scottish football radio and TV show is littered with ex Rangers and Celtic players.

I've been pondering the reason for some time 😉

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Probably explains why every Scottish football radio and TV show is littered with ex Rangers and Celtic players.

I've been pondering the reason for some time 😉

Aye, that'll be the reason allright...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47gx3yczz3xzalthtnhr

Funnily enough Id have said these match threads are more notable for the lack of non Rangers fans these days. 

I guess its a matter of perspective. 

Those roads do appear to be a bit more broad than narrow at the moment. 

Edited by dorlomin

36 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Just out of curiosity, chaps - have any of you tried referring to yourselves as 'bears' in the US of A? 

Once restrictions are lifted I'll fly over and do it,  I'll keep you informed. 

17 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

And how many bears on this forum now ? Used to just be Kincy, Benny and Knightswood with the occasional vistor being emptied for sectarianism or child abuse digs. Feels like half the Broomloan are in here now.

No idea why there's been a sudden influx.

I've been on the forum for years. Used to post and argue for hours in the BRALT when Rangers were in Division 3 and then I came back for the 2014 referendum, used to take scores of abuse, sevco will never win anything, liquidation x 10, WRK and Monkey Tennis and the most droll patter ever..

Forgot about the place and then since our return and our subsequent slaying of all those diddies that used to laugh in the BRALT I've enjoyed sticking around for a while. The two big claims were Indy would happen and Rangers would never be the same. Here we are 6 years later, top of the league and still in the glorious Union. 

Can't remember seeing you post much around 2014 right enough. 

16 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Mind boggling how a team with multiple times the budget of every team in the league but one, seem comfortable when they score the first goal. You’ve really landed on something here

You can make one off games about budgets if you want but Hibs were the better team in the second half and it would've been interesting if the crowd was their, either to give sevco a boost to score the second or made the players nervous to concede an equalizer. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

At least you don’t take P&B too seriously. 

I think you're being a bit harsh here.

Who amongst us has not woken up one morning and completely forgotten they posted on a Scottish football forum for years before finally remembering once their team was no longer dogshit ?