Rangers vs Hibs

Just now, gaz5 said:

Interesting to see the analysis of the penalty claims.

Had Column seen the Hagi high boot as a foul, it would have been an indirect free kick for dangerous play, not a penalty.

And watching Jack Ross interview if he thinks the Porteous one is a penalty, then so is Taverner first half as it's pretty much the same, accidental contact that breaks the stride.

For me, none of the 3 are penalties, but Column should have given an indirect free kick for Hagi's high foot (no contact).

I don’t really understand the fury over Collum today tbh. That might be the best refereeing performance I’ve seen him have today. 

14 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

The fact you used historic results rather than your team's defensive record this season made it even more of a moronic pick, IMO.       

We’d conceded 5 goals in our previous 4 matches ahead of today. Stop trying to pick a fight with everyone and have a mince pie mate.

Edited by AJF

4 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

watching Jack Ross interview if he thinks the Porteous one is a penalty, then so is Taverner first half as it's pretty much the same, accidental contact

He wasn't asked about that.  Just because a foul is Accidental doesn't mean it isn't a penalty (look at the new raxge handball rule).

Edited by Green Day

Just now, Green Day said:

He wasn't asked about that.  Just because a foul is Accidental doesn't mean it isn't a penalty.

Tavernier is checked as he was following Porteous which causes him to check Porteous. It’s a bit of a nothing incident IMO.

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

Tavernier is checked as he was following Porteous which causes him to check Porteous. It’s a bit of a nothing incident IMO.

He clipped Porto ankle.

It's as clear a pen as you will get at any (other) ground.

11 minutes ago, DMCs said:

What a beautiful technique this guy has. My MOTM today.

A well deserved victory, if a little nervous at times, that is our twelve in a row in the league and sees us go 19 points ahead of second. Can't complain with that.

The poise, the elegance, the bold confidence and swagger that comes together to deliver a cool crisp silky footballer. Absolute class player. 

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

He clipped Porto ankle.

Yeah, because Hibs are trying a pick play and Nisbet (I think) gets it wrong and knocks him off balance rather than stop him. 

Watch it back and watch Nisbet. It’s very clever, he just didn’t execute it right.

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

He clipped Porto ankle.

Andy Walker would have been having an aneurysm and the Porto = thug brigade would have been having a meltdown if it had been the other way around.

You’ve got to love John Hartson’s post match contradictions. One minute he is saying that all the pressure is now on Rangers and that is then followed up by him saying Celtic can’t afford to drop any more points. 

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

You’ve got to love John Hartson’s post match contradictions. One minute he is saying that all the pressure is now on Rangers and that is then followed up by him saying Celtic can’t afford to drop any more points. 

Saying "all the pressure" is a bit much but it's not that far removed from the truth.

9 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Andy Walker would have been having an aneurysm and the Porto = thug brigade would have been having a meltdown if it had been the other way around.

Aye Andy Walker loves us 😭 

Go get drunk and forget about it.

He clipped Porto ankle.
My point was that if that's a penalty, so is Taverner in the first half. He is clipped while he is running past the Hibs defender in exactly the same way.

Either both are penalties or both are not, take your pick, but either way one each way and the decisions were at least consistent.

4 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Saying "all the pressure" is a bit much but it's not that far removed from the truth.

That’s my point, the way he said it he made it seem that Celtic were able to play without any worries while Rangers had all the pressure, but then totally contradicted himself by saying Celtic couldn’t afford to drop any more points.

Of course there will be pressure on both teams but I’d argue it’s currently greater on Celtic. That being said, Celtic have dealt with that pressure far better than Rangers in recent seasons.

12 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

My point was that if that's a penalty, so is Taverner in the first half. He is clipped while he is running past the Hibs defender in exactly the same way.

Either both are penalties or both are not, take your pick, but either way one each way and the decisions were at least consistent.

Pish

In my humble opinion

31 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Decent finish by Hagi.  Embarrassing celebration, though...

Feels like Hibs are on the receiving end of the failed knee slide celebration more than any other club in world football. I'd love to see the numbers crunched on that.