Ross County v St Mirren.

Massive game for both clubs. A win for us, and we can start looking upwards with some breathing space- a win for County, and the bottom 6 will be looking tighter than a camel's arse in a sandstorm.  

Hopefully we can bounce back from the defeat against Hibs and deliver another 3 pts. 

Saints win- 2-1.

Is Ross Stewart out of this game? Celtic fan in work said he got subbed early on during the week with what looked like a hamstring injury. Good news for St Mirren if he is. 

Should we be worried about Ross - two goals in nineteen league games - Stewart? Why? Granted he will probably score today now I’ve said that but that’s a fairly awful strike rate, no wonder County are where they are.

As with all away games in this league, i’d take a point here. Ross County are five points behind us and they’ve played three games more, a point is no use to them.

Durmus will be in for Mason, hopefully JDH is fit and he will be in for McPherson and surely Obika will be in for Erwin from the start.

1-1

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

Should we be worried about Ross - two goals in nineteen league games - Stewart? Why? Granted he will probably score today now I’ve said that but that’s a fairly awful strike rate, no wonder County are where they are.

It’s not so much that he’s a prolific striker but more that he’s Ross County’s main attacking threat and causes a lot of problems for the centre halves any time I’ve seen him play. 

It’s not so much that he’s a prolific striker but more that he’s Ross County’s main attacking threat and causes a lot of problems for the centre halves any time I’ve seen him play. 

I’ve always thought he was a bit... shite.

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

I’ve always thought he was a bit... shite.

I wouldn’t say shite, he’s a big awkward lump of a guy who is probably better with the ball at his feet than he is dealing with balls in the air, but he can hold the ball up and set up chances. Thought he was excellent in the Celtic - County league cup game recently, showed a bit of quality to bring Ross County up the park when they were getting hemmed in. Admittedly it will be a different game at home to St Mirren but he’s someone I would rather wasn’t playing than was. 

Stewart is a good player, and I wish we had kept him. Can't remember which manager sold him but it must have been an absolute fucking idiot. :rolleyes:

That said, he needed a season in the championship getting regular football to bring him up to speed. All in all though, he's far from the finished article and truth be told the biggest impact he's had on our season wasn't anything he's done facing goal but being tackled badly by Shaughnessy,

Just now, Ric said:

Stewart is a good player, and I wish we had kept him. Can't remember which manager sold him but it must have been an absolute fucking idiot. :rolleyes:

Alan Stubbs replied to a fan on twitter a couple of weeks ago with regards to Stewart, saying something along the lines of ask Tony Fitzpatrick why he couldn’t agree a deal with Stewart’s agent but Ross County could. 

Just now, IrishBhoy said:

Alan Stubbs replied to a fan on twitter a couple of weeks ago with regards to Stewart, saying something along the lines of ask Tony Fitzpatrick why he couldn’t agree a deal with Stewart’s agent but Ross County could. 

That makes no sense - no surprise there, it's Stubbs we're talking - as Stewart had a year to run on his contract. There was no need to sell him, unless he needed the money to buy Josh Heaton in order to benefit his son's career.

11 minutes ago, Ric said:

That makes no sense - no surprise there, it's Stubbs we're talking - as Stewart had a year to run on his contract. There was no need to sell him, unless he needed the money to buy Josh Heaton in order to benefit his son's career.

Josh Heaton :lol: now plying his trade for an Australian Sunday league team that don’t even have a Wikipedia page. 

In comparison to Brock-Madsen & Cody Cooke who we signed in place, Ross Stewart was & is a world beater. Stubbs’ Twitter was good value over the past week for him thrashing out at most comments, winding up saints fans and blaming absolutely everyone except himself.
Hopefully Tait & Doyle-Hayes are fit. Doyle-Hayes & Durmus in for McPherson and Mason. That team has done well for us over the last month. The last time we went to Ross County I sadly never made the game favouring staying in the pub at the train station, if this were the first game back after months of not going I’d have done the same.

1 minute ago, buddie06smfc said:

In comparison to Brock-Madsen & Cody Cooke who we signed in place, Ross Stewart was & is a world beater. Stubbs’ Twitter was good value over the past week for him thrashing out at most comments, winding up saints fans and blaming absolutely everyone except himself.
Hopefully Tait & Doyle-Hayes are fit. Doyle-Hayes & Durmus in for McPherson and Mason. That team has done well for us over the last month. The last time we went to Ross County I sadly never made the game favouring staying in the pub at the train station, if this were the first game back after months of not going I’d have done the same.

Yeah, just saying the Mallard isn't the place to be frequenting just now (lockdown aside)..

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/coronavirus-outbreak-linked-highland-pub-23220250