St Mirren v The Rangers 2012 30/12/20

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Intrigued to find out which incident you believe would’ve resulted in a penalty in our match at the weekend?

The Hagi/Newell incident no contact was made and if anything was to be given it would’ve been an indirect free kick.

If it was the Tavernier one with Porteous then Tavernier was fouled by Nisbet before any contact with Porteous.

Hagi incident was a penalty for me. High and dangerous attempt to clear the ball.

Just now, Romeo said:

Mate... ffs. emoji1787.png

Mate what, this is a match thread involving Rangers and I’m discussing comments involving... you guessed it, Rangers.

The only thing that’s not surprising is that it was yourself to post the link and now you’ve a problem with folk discussing it 😂

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Hagi incident was a penalty for me. High and dangerous attempt to clear the ball.

Dangerous play is penalised by awarding an indirect free kick if no contact is made.

Indirect free kick

An indirect free kick is awarded if a player:

• plays in a dangerous manner
  • impedes the progress of an opponent without any contact being made
Edited by AJF
Law added for reference

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Yeah and look at how it ended for us that season. Was a stupid thing for Gerrard to say and indicated a weak mentality.

It’s also very funny for Goodwin to do it two weeks after he got a penalty. 

Mate what, this is a match thread involving Rangers and I’m discussing comments involving... you guessed it, Rangers.
The only thing that’s not surprising is that it was yourself to post the link and now you’ve a problem with folk discussing it [emoji23]
Where did I say I have a problem with people discussing it?

You've instantly lost the plot.

Simmer doon

St Mirren have only conceded two league penalties all season btw, despite having a string of games which were basically played in their own box.

Clearly a pro-Saint Mirren conspiracy concocted by the dastardly Paisley Referees Association

St Mirren have only conceded two league penalties all season btw, despite having a string of games which were basically played in their own box.
Clearly a pro-Saint Mirren conspiracy concocted by the dastardly Paisley Referees Association

At least you’re not bothered by the comments.

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

Yeah and look at how it ended for us that season. Was a stupid thing for Gerrard to say and indicated a weak mentality.

It’s also very funny for Goodwin to do it two weeks after he got a penalty. 

For a fan like myself, who has watched both of the bigot brothers awarded absolutely ridiculous decisions against us since 70's , it was rather amusing that he was claiming the "establishment" was against you.

I think it's quite clear, that since JG references the fact that you haven't had a penalty awarded against you in the league all season, that he's advocating that referees should be braver. when making important decisions against your team. I doubt he really believes that's the case, and is indulging in a bit of pre-match bit of gamesmanship, wily old dog that he is.

Unfortunately, the Gerard stuff came across as misplaced, entitled whining to everyone bar your support.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

For a fan like myself, who has watched both of the bigot brothers awarded absolutely ridiculous decisions against us since 70's , it was rather amusing that he was claiming the "establishment" was against you.

I think it's quite clear, that since JG references the fact that you haven't had a penalty awarded against you in the league all season, that he's advocating that referees should be braver. when making important decisions against your team. I doubt he really believes that's the case, and is indulging in a bit of pre-match bit of gamesmanship, wily old dog that he is.

Unfortunately, the Gerard stuff came across as misplaced, entitled whining to everyone bar your support.

People who believe in refereeing conspiracies, whether that’s pro or anti Rangers/Celtic/Old Firm/Diddies also believe that jet fuel can’t melt steel beams.

Got to say, I'm disappointed at Goodwin's comments. Not because he's singling out the upcoming game, but for his lack of ambition. He really should be complaining that there has been a campaign for years against his club.

IHkqstP.png

Edit: Apologies @FTOF I somehow managed to miss you posting this earlier in the thread.

Edited by Ric