Partick v Clyde

6 minutes ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Not every team has invested in undersoil heating, it's not compulsory and we have the choice to switch it on, or not.

Screenshot_20210102_114829.thumb.jpg.552c4cc8f75d248f6c296cb06047f244.jpg

So if we are not switching on the undersoil heating, as is our choice, what alternative "adequate Winter Pitch Protection System" are we using?

Because the SPFL Rules & Regulations clearly state we should be fully utilising one, if there is the possibility the pitch will be frozen. 

We signed up to these Rules and we didn't fully utilise the main/only one we have. You're correct, that was our choice. But questions need to be answered by whoever made that choice.

Did Livi and the 6 home teams today make a decision to deliberately make sure their games couldn't be played? That's quite an accusation.

Did we ?

Did the rule you quote specifically mention ush. Or just that adequate pitch protection needs to be maintained. So even if all they have are pitch covers and the game is still off - they are obviously still not adequate. Anyway, my memory is a bit hazy, but wasn’t ours installed as that was a requirement of being in the premiership or top division once apon a time. Just like having a 10,000 all seated stadium

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Did we ?

Did the rule you quote specifically mention ush. Or just that adequate pitch protection needs to be maintained. So even if all they have are pitch covers and the game is still off - they are obviously still not adequate. Anyway, my memory is a bit hazy, but wasn’t ours installed as that was a requirement of being in the premiership or top division once apon a time. Just like having a 10,000 all seated stadium

Did you see the picture of the pitch?

We have a more than adequate pitch protection system in undersoil heating, which we have chosen not to switch on. 

Did we use covers? Looks highly unlikely. 

If we as a Club have taken the rules of the game into our own hands, as many are suggesting, I'd suggest as I said above, the Club has some explaining to do.

Their silence is deafening. 

FrozenPitch2-900x520.jpg

Edited by dave.j

the Club has some explaining to do.

I think you're the only person demanding an explanation. Quite why you're trying to make a munro of this molehill I'm not sure. What did the club say when you contacted them about this?

We have a more than adequate pitch protection system in undersoil heating, which we have chosen not to switch on. 
If we as a Club have taken the rules of the game into our own hands, as many are suggesting, I'd suggest as I said above, the Club has some explaining to do.
FrozenPitch2-900x520.jpg.8dc30ee57741aee9bc3a6541d41a88f9.jpg

Maybe so - but you accused me of making accusations towards other clubs. You have stated that the club deliberately didn’t turn on the ush - do you have proof of that ?

15 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I think you're the only person demanding an explanation. Quite why you're trying to make a munro of this molehill I'm not sure. What did the club say when you contacted them about this?

I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill. Stop replying to me and I'll stop correcting folk or answering their questions. It's that simple 

I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill. Stop replying to me and I'll stop correcting folk or answering their questions. It's that simple 
I've no issue with you continuing to answer questions, that's not why I think you're making too much of it. It's that you're the only person who sees this as a serious issue and expects a statement from the club about it. Not even Clyde fans care.

2 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Maybe so - but you accused me of making accusations towards other clubs. You have stated that the club deliberately didn’t turn on the ush - do you have proof of that ?

Forameus suggested the Club hadn't turned on the USH. You suggested other Clubs hadn't done so either, when you quoted and replied to him. Go back and check your reply to him. 

Many people have accused the Club of not turning on the USH. Some have suggested we did it because we can't afford it. Many have suggested we did it because we were short of players and feared playing against Clyde. I'm not some fucking lone supporter on this.

It's widely accepted there was no USH turned on. 

Have the Club stated they did everything in their power to get the game on?

Have the Club stated the USH is broken?

Did the referee give the Club time to get the pitch ready and provide a follow up inspection at lunchtime?

And for further reference, a guy on twitter very close to the Club has stated as fact, in twitter that when we set out our budgets for this season, we did so not taking into account using USH. He is suggesting from the outset, we have never intended switching it on at any point this season. 

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:
9 minutes ago, dave.j said:

I've no issue with you continuing to answer questions, that's not why I think you're making too much of it. It's that you're the only person who sees this as a serious issue and expects a statement from the club about it. Not even Clyde fans care.

I don't think not switching it on is a serious issue. I think the reason for not switching it on is a serious issue.

If we are to believe that it's financial and the Club can't afford 4 or 5 grand to defrost the pitch, despite having just received £150k from the government and having £60k sitting in a go fund me page. Before taking into account match subscriptions would probably have covered the cost. I think that's a really serious issue if the finances of the club are that bad. 

If we didn't switch on the undersoil heating because McCall thought we couldn't heat Clyde, at home. That's a really serious issue 

If folk are just happy plodding along with their fingers in their ears, batter in. 

If we didn't switch on the undersoil heating because McCall thought we couldn't heat Clyde, at home. That's a really serious issue 

Of course he thinks we can beat Clyde at home, maybe he just thought we'd have a better chance of beating them a few weeks down the road. His job after all is to maximise the chance of us winning games. I don't think that's a serious issue at all.

12 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Of course he thinks we can beat Clyde at home, maybe he just thought we'd have a better chance of beating them a few weeks down the road. His job after all is to maximise the chance of us winning games. I don't think that's a serious issue at all.

You don't think it's a serious issue that our manager is looking at Clyde on say a Wednesday and thinking, nah I don't think we have a good chance to beat them this week, let's get the game called off, we'll have a better chance in a couple of weeks? 

That's a really fucking shocking attitude! One, that you agree with his assesment, and two that you think that's an acceptable way for the Club to conduct itself. 

I take it you'd be happy with any football team in future going out their way to get games called off in December, if they are on a bad run, based on the premise they will be a better team once they make some signings in January?

I despare with our support sometimes. Let's call the game off, we might not beat Clyde today. Fucking hell!

45 minutes ago, dave.j said:

If we didn't switch on the undersoil heating because McCall thought we couldn't heat Clyde, at home. That's a really serious issue.

If you can't afford to heat the pitch, I seriously doubt your coffers would stretch to heating up Clyde. 

You don't think it's a serious issue that our manager is looking at Clyde on say a Wednesday and thinking, nah I don't think we have a good chance to beat them this week, let's get the game called off, we'll have a better chance in a couple of weeks?

I didn't say he thinks we didn't have a good chance of beating them but that by waiting a couple of weeks until we have a recognised striker available we'd have a better chance.

I'd be far more worried if someone said to McCall "Here's a way to further our chances of winning this fixture" and he said "nah, you're alright". I'm surprised that after recent years you feel the club can be so complacent. Guess you missed the "Not so cuddly anymore" memo.

9 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I didn't say he thinks we didn't have a good chance of beating them but that by waiting a couple of weeks until we have a recognised striker available we'd have a better chance.

I'd be far more worried if someone said to McCall "Here's a way to further our chances of winning this fixture" and he said "nah, you're alright". I'm surprised that after recent years you feel the club can be so complacent. Guess you missed the "Not so cuddly anymore" memo.

Not so cuddly - is that how we're selling it?  😂

Have a word with yourself. 

FrozenPitch2-900x520.jpg.8dc30ee57741aee9bc3a6541d41a88f9.jpg
There's nothing that says that picture was taken yesterday. Could be a stock photo the club have used. However, I agree that we didn't, let's say, do everything we could to have the pitch playable.

I don't really see why just because we have undersoil heating in league one we should be expected to run it when other clubs like Dumbarton don't and won't be punished for postponements.

50 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Maybe that kind of stuff is rife in football, I can't pretend I know much about the professional side of things. But my layman's common sense would always think that purposefully getting games called off in such an obvious way wouldn't necessarily be a great example of sporting integrity. It's not too far away from the sort of shit the likes of Barry Fry used to do to noise up opponents. It seems tinpot.

Not to mention that there's signs this January is going to stay just as cold, so a decent chance of stacking games up needing to be played. Say we get 2 or 3 more called off, does that look like such a  great decision to shite it from Clyde?

Maybe that kind of stuff is rife in football, I can't pretend I know much about the professional side of things. But my layman's common sense would always think that purposefully getting games called off in such an obvious way wouldn't necessarily be a great example of sporting integrity. It's not too far away from the sort of shit the likes of Barry Fry used to do to noise up opponents. It seems tinpot.
Not to mention that there's signs this January is going to stay just as cold, so a decent chance of stacking games up needing to be played. Say we get 2 or 3 more called off, does that look like such a  great decision to shite it from Clyde?
You make good points. It is quite tinpot but if my job was on the line with half of my customers wanting my head I think I'd have done the same as McCall. If he has issues with a fixture pile up in April then it means he'll have kept his job.

The question is more about the club being okay with this and none of us know what portion of their thinking is on pitch and what is off pitch. I think with fans allowed the game would definitely gone ahead so I don't think we can discount the financial argument.

For clarity's sake I'd have preferred the game to go ahead but we're a full time team in the seaside leagues fighting for a playoff spot and (like all clubs) in an uncertain financial position. Somewhat desperate times call for somewhat desperate measures.

Forameus suggested the Club hadn't turned on the USH. You suggested other Clubs hadn't done so either, when you quoted and replied to him. Go back and check your reply to him. 

Many people have accused the Club of not turning on the USH. Some have suggested we did it because we can't afford it. Many have suggested we did it because we were short of players and feared playing against Clyde. I'm not some fucking lone supporter on this.
It's widely accepted there was no USH turned on. 
Have the Club stated they did everything in their power to get the game on?
Have the Club stated the USH is broken?
Did the referee give the Club time to get the pitch ready and provide a follow up inspection at lunchtime?
And for further reference, a guy on twitter very close to the Club has stated as fact, in twitter that when we set out our budgets for this season, we did so not taking into account using USH. He is suggesting from the outset, we have never intended switching it on at any point this season. 

Did you really take from my post to forameus that I was talking about 1/2 dozen lower league clubs not turning on ush ?

I don't think not switching it on is a serious issue. I think the reason for not switching it on is a serious issue.

If we are to believe that it's financial and the Club can't afford 4 or 5 grand to defrost the pitch, despite having just received £150k from the government and having £60k sitting in a go fund me page. Before taking into account match subscriptions would probably have covered the cost. I think that's a really serious issue if the finances of the club are that bad. 

If folk are just happy plodding along with their fingers in their ears, batter in. 

Have we received the £150K in the bank yet ?

What is it you want us to do exactly ?

31 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Have we received the £150K in the bank yet ?

What is it you want us to do exactly ?

I've already stated I think the Club should be providing a bit more detail around the circumstances that led to yesterday's game being called off.

We are in the middle of a takeover. Very soon the fans will be the majority shareholders in the Club. If we can't afford to spend a few grand heating a pitch with all the additional income that we didn't budget for, available to the Club, I'd suggest the fans aren't taking ownership of the sound business we think we are.