Partick v Clyde

I've already stated I think the Club should be providing a bit more detail around the circumstances that led to yesterday's game being called off.
We are in the middle of a takeover. Very soon the fans will be the majority shareholders in the Club. If we can't afford to spend a few grand heating a pitch with all the additional income that we didn't budget for, available to the Club, I'd suggest the fans aren't taking ownership of the sound business we think we are.

It’s interesting that after praising the working group for fan ownership video in which they say that they haven’t yet done the due diligence on the club accounts, that you think the fans know how sound the business is.

I didn’t catch your answer on what you expect the fans to do in this situation

12 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

It’s interesting that after praising the working group for fan ownership video in which they say that they haven’t yet done the due diligence on the club accounts, that you think the fans know how sound the business is.

I didn’t catch your answer on what you expect the fans to do in this situation

What the fans know is based on what the club are telling us. At no point have the Club suggested we are struggling financially. Infact the opposite!

Here's a quote from Gerry in June:

“These funds allow us to do two things. Firstly, they help the club maintain a strong financial position."

I have no idea how sound the business is. But it seems there's a long queue of folk falling over themselves to tell us how fucked we are financially that we can't afford to run the USH. 

What do I think the fans should do? I've no idea. What an odd question. Why should the fans do anything?

Edited by dave.j

Pretty obvious it was the right thing not to to spend money we don't have to in these economically challenging times. Only the most pedantic among our support would not see this. Do we really need a full statement when it's patently obvious that the club decided not to put two bars on the fire on? I can imagine the club putting out a statement and some pedant then moaning about the statement lmao. 

7 minutes ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

Pretty obvious it was the right thing not to to spend money we don't have to in these economically challenging times. Only the most pedantic among our support would not see this. Do we really need a full statement when it's patently obvious that the club decided not to put two bars on the fire on? I can imagine the club putting out a statement and some pedant then moaning about the statement lmao. 

Who told you we don't have enough money to afford to use USH?

10 minutes ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

I didn't say we couldn't afford it. I said we didn't have too spend it under the circumstances. 

It's very confusing. I think we are now at 4 different reasons why we didn't make sure the pitch was playable. 😂

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Of course he thinks we can beat Clyde at home, maybe he just thought we'd have a better chance of beating them a few weeks down the road. His job after all is to maximise the chance of us winning games. I don't think that's a serious issue at all.

If McCall wanted it off because he doesnt trust what he has available to beat Clyde, that speaks volumes about his recruitments.

If McCall wanted it off because he doesnt trust what he has available to beat Clyde, that speaks volumes about his recruitments.
For the umpteenth time, he doesn't think they can't beat Clyde, he just thinks we'll have a better chance with a striker in the squad. I think we all do, it's not exactly counter-intuitive. Honestly, do people actually read posts?

What the fans know is based on what the club are telling us. At no point have the Club suggested we are struggling financially. Infact the opposite!
Here's a quote from Gerry in June:

“These funds allow us to do two things. Firstly, they help the club maintain a strong financial position."

I have no idea how sound the business is. But it seems there's a long queue of folk falling over themselves to tell us how fucked we are financially that we can't afford to run the USH. 

What do I think the fans should do? I've no idea. What an odd question. Why should the fans do anything?

I imagine that most (sensible) fans will wait to see the financial health of the club before deciding whether to commit additional money.

Still no suggestion as to what you want the fans to do about the current situation ?

32 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I imagine that most (sensible) fans will wait to see the financial health of the club before deciding whether to commit additional money.

Still no suggestion as to what you want the fans to do about the current situation ?

I literally answers it in the last paragraph you just quoted. I don't want the fans to do anything. 

I still find it an odd question, why would you think I would want the fans to do anything? 😂

14 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Here’s the quote I was asking you what you want fans to do about.

Do whatever they want. As I said, if they want to charge on with their head up their arse, carry on. 

Christ, we had someone today suggest this was done because we're not so cuddly anymire 😂

Happy New Year

Feels like intruding in a family disagreement but a few points from my perspective.

I agree that very few from either club, were disappointed to have the game postponed.  Paradoxically, the view might have been different if fans were allowed to attend. 

From a financial viewpoint, there would be NO PAYBACK on spending 'the few grand' which does sound kinda high, so I wouldn't have switched it on either. 

Without wishing to open old wounds...I think many clubs, especially after last season's farcical conclusion, would have at least one eye on points on the board rather than the games played...

I am not a huge fan of McCall as a person, but I really think he is one of the very best operators at this level.  It is all the more surprising to find that he was sufficiently nervous (shat it) about playing Clyde in our current form, that he had a pivotal influence on whether to dial down Thistle's Hive. If  2 variables are Thistle's form and Clyde's form, I can't image we'll get much worse. Bit of a gamble even for him.