Jordan Holsgrove

12 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye, always wanted to see more kids make moves like that.  Hate to see guys like Brown, Forrest, McGregor staying at Celtic all their lives.

Brown needed to stay at Celtic, he has maximised his career. I believe had he moved to a Newcastle or Everton at 28 he'd have been found out within a season and would have been at Blackburn or Wigan by 29 and remained a championship player. He his held in such regard because of his tenacity and his ability to wind opponents up. That is a big thing in Scotland and it helps massively when your team is superior to everyone else. Do you think he could wind up De Bruyne, Henderson, Pogba etc...? I don't believe he has more ability than James McArthur and he has been a lower end EPL player. I would put Forrest in that same category but I believe McGregor should have moved and should this summer or he may miss his chance.

1 hour ago, ahemps said:

Brown needed to stay at Celtic, he has maximised his career. I believe had he moved to a Newcastle or Everton at 28 he'd have been found out within a season and would have been at Blackburn or Wigan by 29 and remained a championship player. He his held in such regard because of his tenacity and his ability to wind opponents up. That is a big thing in Scotland and it helps massively when your team is superior to everyone else. Do you think he could wind up De Bruyne, Henderson, Pogba etc...? I don't believe he has more ability than James McArthur and he has been a lower end EPL player. I would put Forrest in that same category but I believe McGregor should have moved and should this summer or he may miss his chance.

Nah that's pish, we've seen many times in Europe and for Scotland he was easily good enough to mix it with Europe's best every week.  McArthur a good example, Brown is better than him in every department, and McArthur has made a career in the EPL, survived a decade, and played hundreds of times.

Italy would have suited Brown even better, and apparently Inter tried to sign. Far too good for Celtic and Scottish football, from what I've read stayed to be close to his parents after his sister died. 

Forrest good enough to spend most of his career in one of Europe's top 5 leagues too, and McGregor already should have gone.

13 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Nah that's pish, we've seen many times in Europe and for Scotland he was easily good enough to mix it with Europe's best every week.  McArthur a good example, Brown is better than him in every department, and McArthur has made a career in the EPL, survived a decade, and played hundreds of times.

Italy would have suited Brown even better, and apparently Inter tried to sign. Far too good for Celtic and Scottish football, from what I've read stayed to be close to his parents after his sister died. 

Forrest good enough to spend most of his career in one of Europe's top 5 leagues too, and McGregor already should have gone.

Scott Brown for Inter Milan????? Seriously. If he was that good he would have been signed for someone, Southampton can treble a Celtics player wage so if anyone actually wanted him in the EPL he would have left, it is that simple.

The best games I saw him for Scotland was because he got stuck in, that is a good trait to have but doesn't make him a top player. He was a very average player with a good work rate and must win attitude. McArthur a far better player, proven because he played at a far higher lever for longer. Raising your game 5-10 times a season because the rest of the time you are in a comfort zone doesn't make you a top player. And any time Celtic got shown up in Europe, his flaws stood out more than any other player. Look at the players who looked like world beaters during the last 10yrs at Celtic who range between okay to below average at EPL, Samaras, Commons, Ledley, Armstrong, McGeady, Hooper, Roberts. Celtic fans point at Van Dijk and Tierney to say how good their players are, these two are exceptional, Brown was never at their level, Ledley was every bit as good as Brown and and look at his EPL career, he never got his move to Inter either.

James Forrest is another one you are over rating, Scott Sinclair while at Celtic was their main man, far better than Forrest, apart from one good season for Swansea Sinclair is a below average EPL player so how would Forrest fare better than Sinclair at a higher level?

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Mate Stuart Armstrong is pissing the EPL and couldn't even get a start at Celtic half the time. I can't be bothered in a daft argument. People who know what they're talking about know what they're talking about. 750 games doesn't lie.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, he isn't captain at Celtic for nothing. I just think he has maximised his career by staying at Celtic. You obviously don't as you think he's good enough for Inter Milan therefore he's under achieved in your eyes.

Armstrong is performing well, long me he do so but he's not pissing it. 

1 minute ago, ahemps said:

I'm not saying he's a bad player, he isn't captain at Celtic for nothing. I just think he has maximised his career by staying at Celtic. You obviously don't as you think he's good enough for Inter Milan therefore he's under achieved in your eyes.

Armstrong is performing well, long me he do so but he's not pissing it. 

He's been Celtic captain and one of their best players for a decade. That obviously indicates he was capable of playing at a higher level than Celtic, hardly 'maximising' his career by being there. He has been their highest paid player for years, and Southampton do not pay 150 grand a week.

Scott Brown for Inter Milan????? Seriously. If he was that good he would have been signed for someone, Southampton can treble a Celtics player wage so if anyone actually wanted him in the EPL he would have left, it is that simple.
The best games I saw him for Scotland was because he got stuck in, that is a good trait to have but doesn't make him a top player. He was a very average player with a good work rate and must win attitude. McArthur a far better player, proven because he played at a far higher lever for longer. Raising your game 5-10 times a season because the rest of the time you are in a comfort zone doesn't make you a top player. And any time Celtic got shown up in Europe, his flaws stood out more than any other player. Look at the players who looked like world beaters during the last 10yrs at Celtic who range between okay to below average at EPL, Samaras, Commons, Ledley, Armstrong, McGeady, Hooper, Roberts. Celtic fans point at Van Dijk and Tierney to say how good their players are, these two are exceptional, Brown was never at their level, Ledley was every bit as good as Brown and and look at his EPL career, he never got his move to Inter either.
James Forrest is another one you are over rating, Scott Sinclair while at Celtic was their main man, far better than Forrest, apart from one good season for Swansea Sinclair is a below average EPL player so how would Forrest fare better than Sinclair at a higher level?
Brown in his prime was a far better player than McArthur ffs. Absolutely strolled the midfield against Man City twice few years back.

14 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Brown in his prime was a far better player than McArthur ffs. Absolutely strolled the midfield against Man City twice few years back.

James McArthur has played in a side that have beaten Man City several times in the league and once in a cup final. Brown was captain 2 weeks earlier when they broke Celtics European record defeat 7-0 to Barca. You can selectively choose games to say how good or bad any player is. 

If James McArthur had a career cameo in the SPL at either of the old firm he'd stand out a mile. I look at players across both leagues. Davis at 36 at Rangers is a great player, he was solid but not exceptional at Southampton. Look at Elyounossi and Simeonovic who are/were huge players for Celtic but deemed not good enough for the EPL by their own clubs. Players raise there game for the odd European fixture, doesn't prove much, Bradford knocked Chelsea out the FA cup a few years back, does that make there players EPL level???

I believe players find their level, I don't believe Brown would have cut it at EPL level over a few years. You think he would have, fair enough. We will never know.

3 minutes ago, ahemps said:

James McArthur has played in a side that have beaten Man City several times in the league and once in a cup final. Brown was captain 2 weeks earlier when they broke Celtics European record defeat 7-0 to Barca. You can selectively choose games to say how good or bad any player is. 

If James McArthur had a career cameo in the SPL at either of the old firm he'd stand out a mile. I look at players across both leagues. Davis at 36 at Rangers is a great player, he was solid but not exceptional at Southampton. Look at Elyounossi and Simeonovic who are/were huge players for Celtic but deemed not good enough for the EPL by their own clubs. Players raise there game for the odd European fixture, doesn't prove much, Bradford knocked Chelsea out the FA cup a few years back, does that make there players EPL level???

I believe players find their level, I don't believe Brown would have cut it at EPL level over a few years. You think he would have, fair enough. We will never know.

Davis can't even get a game for Rangers FFS.  We are all Scottish, we've all seen these players all their careers, everybody knows Brown has always been a better player than McArthur, there has never been a time since they made their debuts that hasn't been the case.  That's why Brown got into the Scottish football hall of fame, and McArthur didn't, and Brown captained Scotland, and McArthur didn't.

That's why Brown was playing for Hibs as a teenager, and McArthur was playing for Hamilton aged 20, and why Brown went to Celtic, and McArthur went to Wigan, a vastly inferior team.  Its not even close, I don't know why I'm bothering, some of the shite you read is just laughable. Even James McArthur would tell you Scott Brown has always been a much better player.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Davis can't even get a game for Rangers FFS.  We are all Scottish, we've all seen these players all their careers, everybody knows Brown has always been a better player than McArthur, there has never been a time since they made their debuts that hasn't been the case.  That's why Brown got into the Scottish football hall of fame, and McArthur didn't, and Brown captained Scotland, and McArthur didn't.

Davis played on Saturday in what would be deemed one of Rangers biggest games of the season.

9 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Scott Brown is a million miles better than James McArthur in the only direct comparisons we have - performances in the Scottish Premiership (or SPL) and performances for Scotland.

Elyounoussi can't get a game for Celtic at the moment and Simunovic (I assume that's who "Simeonovic" is supposed to be) was never particularly great for them, and has also never played in the English PL.

He isn't a first choice, hasn't been for ages. Some of the jobbers who have survived all their careers in the EPL and you think Brown wouldn't have cut it, laughable. He's born to play in that league, tough, combative, aggressive, loves a tackle and a battle, and can play is technically excellent.  He would have shat that league and played every week for a top 8 club, look at pish like Elneny at fucking Arsenal Brown is light years better than that.

53 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

He isn't a first choice, hasn't been for ages. Some of the jobbers who have survived all their careers in the EPL and you think Brown wouldn't have cut it, laughable. He's born to play in that league, tough, combative, aggressive, loves a tackle and a battle, and can play is technically excellent.  He would have shat that league and played every week for a top 8 club, look at pish like Elneny at fucking Arsenal Brown is light years better than that.

Why did no one ever try to sign him then