St Mirren vs Motherwell

I am wary at starting this thread considering the only other one I've ever started ended up being "postponed" and saw a run of bad luck for us.

Motherwell's tanking at Hamilton could go two ways. Either Lasley has tore into them and they'll come out all guns blazing for this one, or they'll be nervous about getting another doing and will sit back and hope to steady the ship in lieu of new signings and/or manager.

As for us, will we have Brophy in our line up? I doubt it, if he'll moves it'll be after this weekend's games.

Not sure what to make of this. We absolutely should be looking to take all 3 points from a home game to a club that sits four places below us in the league and is currently in a "bad place". It's never as simple as that, as we all know.

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Sorry mate, we're too busy looking for a manager

If you could continue to be distracted this Saturday, let us take the 3 points in an utterly uninteresting game where nobody picks up any injuries or reds, and pick up fighting for your place in the league the following game.. that would be great, thanks.

16 minutes ago, Ric said:

If you could continue to be distracted this Saturday, let us take the 3 points in an utterly uninteresting game where nobody picks up any injuries or reds, and pick up fighting for your place in the league the following game.. that would be great, thanks.

Why? what you up to? 

30 minutes ago, Ric said:

I am wary at starting this thread considering the only other one I've ever started ended up being "postponed" and saw a run of bad luck for us.

Motherwell's tanking at Hamilton could go two ways. Either Lasley has tore into them and they'll come out all guns blazing for this one, or they'll be nervous about getting another doing and will sit back and hope to steady the ship in lieu of new signings and/or manager.

As for us, will we have Brophy in our line up? I doubt it, if he'll moves it'll be after this weekend's games.

Not sure what to make of this. We absolutely should be looking to take all 3 points from a home game to a club that sits four places below us in the league and is currently in a "bad place". It's never as simple as that, as we all know.

Or they'll decide to play a goalkeeper?

A st Mirren win written all over this tie. While Kelly maybe our keeper solution i dont see how the rest of the squad can even come close toeeting St Mirrens performance levels.

Prediction: 3-0 Motherwell.

Edited by Phillips455

5 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Clearly he WON'T be allowed to play in the Covid match when it's rearranged :-D! 

Well since I fully expect St Mirren to have a full squad to choose from for the rearranged game it would be a little unfair. 

I would not put it past the SPFL to stipulate that Chapman must play in goals. That being the case we should forfeit the game 3-0 like we did last Saturday 🤬

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

yes he would.

Just now, welldaft said:

Well since I fully expect St Mirren to have a full squad to choose from for the rearranged game it would be a little unfair. 

I would not put it past the SPFL to stipulate that Chapman must play in goals. That being the case we should forfeit the game 3-0 like we did last Saturday 🤬

Calm down chaps. Just joking.

A wee dig at the Well fans who said it'd be unfair if Saint/Killie played anyone they didn't have on their books at the time the games were postponed.

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I doubt it will be rearranged anyway

You wish. The SPFL / SFA will reverse the decision. Absolute stick on given current circumstances with Covid running rampant. They ought not too and should consider only the initial ruling and whether it was appropriate AT THE TIME.. 

17 minutes ago, welldaft said:

You wish. The SPFL / SFA will reverse the decision. Absolute stick on given current circumstances with Covid running rampant. They ought not too and should consider only the initial ruling and whether it was appropriate AT THE TIME.. 

I'm not so sure, I fear they might actually go the other way with a points deduction.

Edited by monthelie'