Scottish lower league football locked down for 3 weeks

It's relevant because you said the current arrangement should be changed in favour of the earlier set up.
The truth is the clubs as members have always decided the constitution of the divisions. The LMC recently tried to implement executive decision making and were refused by the clubs. If they don't trust their own management, do you seriously expect them to appoint an outside body to make decisions for them?
In what circumstance would any organisation say, "we're shite at this, why don't we appoint and pay someone else to run the show"?

So is that what you come up with as a solution? Leave it alone and it’ll be alright on the night?…

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

So is that what you come up with as a solution? Leave it alone and it’ll be alright on the night?…

It is what it is.

I don't think it can be reformed in a way that will satisfy everyone. It's the nature of the membership, it's essentially a club with a voting structure that favours some more than others.

As I said before, you shouting out random words like reform and arbitration etc isn't really a solution at all.

It is what it is.
I don't think it can be reformed in a way that will satisfy everyone. It's the nature of the membership, it's essentially a club with a voting structure that favours some more than others.
As I said before, you shouting out random words like reform and arbitration etc isn't really a solution at all.

Ok, I’ll just sit here and despair......

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I never thought they didn't talk to each other or vote in limbo.  That seems to be something you are conjuring up in your imagination - try not wearing a MJGA hat and you might take a less biased view. 

Just because I weigh up the evidence and come to a different conclusion from your good self doesn't mean I am wrong. Granted my opinions skewed by an unhealthy dose if cynicism but I'm entitled to my view even if you don't agree and you believe I'm conjuring and perhaps allowing my cynical bent to cloud my judgement. I do not trust the spfl board, nor the SFA. Fifa is one of the most corrupt organisations going, why would this shower be any different. Their big brothers aren't exactly a food example to them. I'm not saying brown envelopes are changing hands, just that human nature dictates these individuals look after their own. 

4 minutes ago, banditjag said:

Just because I weigh up the evidence and come to a different conclusion from your good self doesn't mean I am wrong. Granted my opinions skewed by an unhealthy dose if cynicism but I'm entitled to my view even if you don't agree and you believe I'm conjuring and perhaps allowing my cynical bent to cloud my judgement. I do not trust the spfl board, nor the SFA. Fifa is one of the most corrupt organisations going, why would this shower be any different. Their big brothers aren't exactly a food example to them. I'm not saying brown envelopes are changing hands, just that human nature dictates these individuals look after their own. 

Why would you have anything to do with anything associated or that's a member of such corrupt institutions?

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think our club have already been pretty vocal. At least they took some action with other league 1 and 2 clubs to try to get things moving in our division again.
Unlike that arse Doncaster and the rest of the closed shop....

Explain closed shop?

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I honestly can’t be bothered with your attempts to score cheap points.
I’m only interested in discussing anything constructive that could be done such that we have more balanced leagues.
You clearly don’t .....

As soon as you come up with anything constructive I'll stop.

http://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18843940.amp/
The SPFL board specifically requested executive power to handle disruption to this season and were told to bolt by the clubs. Scottish football clubs get the governance that they choose, on every single occasion.

Does that mean that by having discussions about suspending or pausing the leagues without consultation with the clubs, they were working out with the authority that the clubs gave them ?

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Does that mean that by having discussions about suspending or pausing the leagues without consultation with the clubs, they were working out with the authority that the clubs gave them ?

Maybe as a board they reviewed the action at the end of last season and thought of a solution that would have allowed them to act more decisively. Without recourse to the clubs and avoiding the inevitable self interest that would be brought to the equation.

The clubs knocked it back.

20 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Is there any scope for making the lower divisions "two up, two down" and scrapping play-offs? Or will too many 3rd, 4th, 5th placed teams say that's unfair?

Quite apart from the negative impact on the teams 2nd bottom of each division as noted earlier, it clearly could only work for the one set of playoffs between League 1 and Leaaue 2. The Championship clubs aren't going to agree to it in a month of Sundays. It's unlikely I'd have thought.

19 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, I thought the same after I posted that, just trying to think of ways we can cut games out but still have a relatively "normal" outcome. I reckon we'll need to cut the Scottish Cup at least, possibly consider playing less league games too if we don't get started until March/later.

The Scottish Cup is a real problem. It's unfortunate they didn't get another round in before it was suspended and that the weather in the fortnight before was so bad. It's left a lot of non league sides still involved and you'd have to assume they aren't coming back any time soon even if League 1 and 2 do. Ultimately it's a far bigger problem than it was last season when there were only 4 teams left by the time we shut down. They are going to be left with three options:
 - Hold it over which will leave a lot of ties to fit in next season.
 - prioritise it when football does come back, at least to play a couple of rounds and remove most of the lower division / non-league sides.
 - Most radically, remove the non league sides from it so that it can be played out this season. Presumably they'd need compensated.

Or I suppose the nuclear option 4, of abandoning it altogether though I don't see them doing that.

It's not an easy position if suspension below league level isn't lifted for another couple of months. I don't favour option 3 (or 4). I suspect we'll end up with them doing what they can to get a couple more rounds at least played after Easter.

18 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Cutting the season to 18 games is surely a fairer way of reducing the fixture list than binning the playoffs. I get that you're still making a change after the season starts, but at least it doesn't change what each position means and hurt the clubs who finish 3rd, 4th & 9th in each division.

It's also pretty apparent that a significant factor in choosing the delayed start and 27 game season was the hope that it would minimise the games played behind closed doors, and taking the chance of getting as many games as possible with fans back in was worth the imbalanced fixture list. Now we know that every game will continue to be BCD and any restart of the lower leagues is going to have a far tighter schedule than first thought, it would seem sensible.and also fair to everyone to reduce to 18 games with everyone playing each other home and away once.

This. Ideally if it's at all feasible you play the season as intended with 27 games. I think they could probably still do that with decent weather if they return (to playing) by the start of March. But certainly an 18 game season is achievable and would be fair. There would no doubt be some clubs who have made a worse start than expected who would not be happy with having less time to fix it. Not thinking of any family club in particular 🙄

15 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Or extend contracts until after the playoffs.

Good luck with that. Just checking you do know you can't MAKE people extend contracts if they don't want to, yes? We're not the English Premiership / Championship where guys are earning tens of thousands a week and they were all in the same position, and even there some players refused to extend (Ryan Fraser, Lyle Taylor, etc). Players who have pre-contracts and new deals waiting for them from down South or Scottish Premiership clubs or even bigger lower division clubs aren't going to extend contracts when they don't have to.

3 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

If it needs spelled out again, the SPFL did NOT suspend football.

Edited by Skyline Drifter