Inverness v Alloa

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You're being harsh. He did say that but he went on to explain that Robertson had a bereavement and Kellacher was ill and everybody wished them both well. It was hardly an unreasonable turn of phrase.

I agree.

The fun with regard to the commentator has all but gone and now it feels like a bullying pile-on 

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Holly f**k.

its all fun and games talking about misidentifying players or reading out Wikipedia pages as if it’s insightful info.  But that’s so far below what should be acceptable.

He really didn't remotely say it in the way Highland Capital is trying to portray.

You're being harsh. He did say that but he went on to explain that Robertson had a bereavement and Kellacher was ill and everybody wished them both well. It was hardly an unreasonable turn of phrase.

Not being harsh at all. Even though he tried to be more considerate just afterwards, describing two people missing because of a family bereavement and another due to a serious illness as being “MIA” is just a weird, inconsiderate turn of phrase.

5 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Not being harsh at all. Even though he tried to be more considerate just afterwards, describing two people missing because of a family bereavement and another due to a serious illness as being “MIA” is just a weird, inconsiderate turn of phrase.

I'd give you some credibility if you offered even the merest hint of sympathy to either gentleman on the ictfc thread.

Instead you launched straight into carping sarcasm. Your negativity is so wearingly unattractive.

Edited by sophia
Typo

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He really didn't remotely say it in the way Highland Capital is trying to portray.

Did he use the phrase M.I.A? That’s what I’d take issue with.   There’s such a big difference between that phrasing and ‘unfortunately unavailable’

Edited by parsforlife

6 minutes ago, sophia said:

I'd give you some credibility if you offered even the merest hint of sympathy to either gentleman on the ictfc thread.

Instead you launched straight into carping sarcasm. Your negativity is so wearingly unattractive.

My best wishes to Mr Robertson and Mr Kellacher if they're reading this. 

12 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Did he use the phrase M.I.A? That’s what I’d take issue with.   There’s such a big difference between that phrasing and ‘unfortunately unavailable’

He did use it. It's literally accurate. If you're taking offence at that you're desperately looking for things to be offended by . He said something along the lines of, "Of course we do have two members of the coaching team MIA tonight. Manager John Robertson has suffered a family bereavement and has been given a leave of absence to deal with that while assistant Scott Kellacher is recovering from serious illness. We wish them both all the very best from everyone at Caley". I'm paraphrasing but it was along those lines. I don't think there's anything much wrong with that.

Not great from Alloa, but well taken goal from big Innes from an excellent pass. As Waspie and I feared, moving Hetherington out of the middle has had an adverse effect on our general performance. 

Having said that ICT look pretty limited and we've coped reasonably easily with their attacking play.

If we can hang on for the win, it would be a huge boost.

Edited by printer

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He did use it. It's literally accurate. If you're taking offence at that you're desperately looking for things to be offended by . He said something along the lines of, "Of course we do have two members of the coaching team MIA tonight. Manager John Robertson has suffered a family bereavement and has been given a leave of absence to deal with that while assistant Scott Kellacher is recovering from serious illness. We wish them both all the very best from everyone at Caley". I'm paraphrasing but it was along those lines. I don't think there's anything much wrong with that.

M.I.A would be more appropriate if they were both away on holiday.  Using it, even in the way you put above, is just weird.

3 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

My favourite line from the commentator was that "Alloa have been the first team to lose 10 games." And then the almost greeting when Cameron scored. He didn't even know who scored!

Have you enjoyed the minute detailed history of each of your players?  Innes Cameron used to play for Stranraer apparently. 

6 minutes ago, printer said:

Not great from Alloa, but well taken goal from big Innes from an excellent pass. As Waspie and I feared, moving Hetherington out of the middle has had an adverse effect on our general performance. 

Having said that ICT look pretty limited and we've coped reasonably easily with their attacking play.

If we can hang on for the win, it would be a huge boost.

Was disappointed to see Stevie moved out wide and the team simply isn't as effective without him in the middle. But Grant's ability isn't in question and it was a great ball he put through. Manager needs to find a way to get the best out him without shifting Hetherington from where he is most influential.  

Need to try and get on the ball more the next 45. 

5 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

M.I.A would be more appropriate if they were both away on holiday.  Using it, even in the way you put above, is just weird.

They're "missing". He said it, he explained why they were missing and he wished them well. Absolutely no issue with that. Mountains and molehills spring to mind.

4 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

My favourite line from the commentator was that "Alloa have been the first team to lose 10 games." And then the almost greeting when Cameron scored. He didn't even know who scored!

Ach he's already made it clear he can't see the pitch. He's having to work from the same pictures the rest of us are. I wasn't sure who got it either. You couldn't see his number, I don't know Innes Cameron at a distant glance either.

17 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

We're shite so far and yet all we get is a multitude of posts on what the commentator said??

Fuckin calm down and lets hear what you have to say on the game.

It’s too depressing to type out my thoughts on the game to be honest.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:
They're "missing". He said it, he explained why they were missing and he wished them well. Absolutely no issue with that. Mountains and molehills spring to mind.

Not doing that at all. If he’d said they were missing that would be fine but using the term ‘MIA’ even with the other stuff is odd. It’s not an appropriate term in the circumstances.

Seems like he’s now been relegated to co-comms. Good.

Edited by Highland Capital

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ach he's already made it clear he can't see the pitch. He's having to work from the same pictures the rest of us are. I wasn't sure who got it either. You couldn't see his number, I don't know Innes Cameron at a distant glance either.

Yeap, I have no issue with him not being able to make out the away players. It’s when he gets the home players wrong that is the issue.