New clubs in the West of Scotland

2 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Issue with some of these parks is going to be when a Talbot, Pollok, Clydebank etc. end up with a really important game at, for example, Donald Dewar. (I choose that as it is one I am familiar with.)

All three of those clubs are capable of bringing a couple of hundred away supporters, especially with it being within Glasgow, right next to a station, and so close to Clydebank. Can that facility handle any sort of crowd of a few hundred people, without a huge chunk of them being unable to see? Add that to the fact that the car park is tiny, not good access for a crowd and the facility is used extensively both indoors and out by members of the public.

Long-term issue with it is that there does not seem to be much space to develop around the main pitch without sacrificing the nearest grass park. I see they have plans as part of their application to take over the whole facility but I just don't see how it works.

In a sense it would be like current potential WoS cup games where big clubs visit those with limited capacities. They'd just have to limit capacity for the particular match. Same, in a sense, to Scottish Cup games e.g. Aberdeen at Darvel. 

6 hours ago, Dev said:

In a sense it would be like current potential WoS cup games where big clubs visit those with limited capacities. They'd just have to limit capacity for the particular match. Same, in a sense, to Scottish Cup games e.g. Aberdeen at Darvel. 

Is that really the situation you find yourselves in? Rather than attendances increasing, clubs are now having to think about limiting capacities. The pyramid gets better all the time eh?

17 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Is that really the situation you find yourselves in? Rather than attendances increasing, clubs are now having to think about limiting capacities. The pyramid gets better all the time eh?

Not really a pyramid thing. It's a new club issue. Rossvale with Huntershill. Gartcairn were creeping up to Premier level.

If the West Region had continued it wouldn't have accepted most of these new WoSFL clubs, but they would have needed new blood and some of them would have made it in.

50 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not really a pyramid thing. It's a new club issue. Rossvale with Huntershill. Gartcairn were creeping up to Premier level.

If the West Region had continued it wouldn't have accepted most of these new WoSFL clubs, but they would have needed new blood and some of them would have made it in.

I refer you to Pollok FC.

14 hours ago, PossilYM said:

I wonder at a higher level did Albion Rovers receive funding.

Guessing they did for that small uncovered terracing being the goal.

I think they built that with money they made in the Scottish Cup.

9 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Your point is spot on, as someone who attends games with a disabled spectator its magnified so much more for them. 

I attend with a wheelchair user; Bonnyton  for one had excellent disabled facilities. Yes others I have visited have not. Same with some traditional grounds some excellent, some ok, some that are absolutely horrific when  pushing a wheelchair.

Point I'm making is, as with all venues in life for disabilities, we can't make general statements.

The Scottish Football Partnership provides funding to clubs to help improve facilities but it always annoyed me this is skewed towards clubs with licenses and the General Fund (which is less) is there for clubs who have not. That doesn't really help clubs move towards Licence, although as famous supermarket says every little helps!

8 hours ago, Dev said:

Thorn Athletic has been criticised, rightly in my view, for the failure to play at Campbeltown, but they have done lots of good work at the sports centre which they have taken over. They deserve some pluses for getting things done there.

Not ignoring your other point which i think most agree with.

No issue with the Thorn situation is when established clubs have called off because; bus brakes down, can't get keys to facility, somebody forgot to turn water heater on, or whatever. Funnily enough when the 2 have big games, it is laughed off.

A newbie does it once, for what I understand was a pre-booked event, and they are a bunch of amateurs etc.

Same standard for all, that's all I'm asking.

8 hours ago, Dev said:

Exactly what happened at Sportsfield when Clydebank played Kilsyth A.

And the dropping of the Lok's capacity by the corporation authorities since obtaining their SFA licence. Cloths are cut accordingly.

52 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I refer you to Pollok FC.

Does that not suggest the Lok's ground requires uograding. And remember been watching Lok since they were nobodies in Central Div 2 back in  the 70's. 

11 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Was never an issue until they sought a licence to be a fully fledged pyramid club. 

They were were a fully fledged pyramid club prior to being licensed.

There's over a 100+ clubs licensed these days. Despite similar circumstances elsewhere it was only down to the council they were in that saw their capacity capped. Something that I imagine is on their long-term to do list.

Right open question time.

Gartcairn, St.Cadocs, Drum Utd, Bonnyton, Locos, The Uni, Finnart, West Park, Kilsyth A, Threave, St.Peters, Thorn, BSC, Rossvale Academy, Easterhouse, Eglinton, Glenvale, Campbeltown, Harmony Row/Giffnock.

These as far as I can tell are all the new clubs in the West since 2010.

Should any of these clubs have been granted admission to the league.

16 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

I'd highly surprised if Gartcairn were issued with a licence.

The cheerleader suggested they were at least looking into it. No idea what requirements are as not really interested myself, so can't be bothered searching.

Listen did you go out wi a bird from Boots Factory across the Motherwell St. road at some point and she gone done you wrong. 😂😂😂 Let it go brother it was probably for the best.

I know you've been to the Illustrious Hub, that impresses nobody. Have you been to Ferguslie Parks prison, I mean complex and the Infamous Sportsfield of Kilsyth. Take some pill or whatever your personal tonic is afore ye go.

Stepford is worth a visit. Toilets and catering are outside the cage so not good for you oldies.  But they are trying and if planning is okayed, a before and after head picture is something I've always liked.

53 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Right open question time.

Gartcairn, St.Cadocs, Drum Utd, Bonnyton, Locos, The Uni, Finnart, West Park, Kilsyth A, Threave, St.Peters, Thorn, BSC, Rossvale Academy, Easterhouse, Eglinton, Glenvale, Campbeltown, Harmony Row/Giffnock.

These as far as I can tell are all the new clubs in the West since 2010.

Should any of these clubs have been granted admission to the league.

Come back in 20 years and I'll let you know.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Was never an issue until they sought a licence to be a fully fledged pyramid club. 

Because you require to have your capacity certified annually by your local authority, and the local authority will likely use the Green Guide, ie Safety at Sports Ground guide, to calculate this.  Having safety as the main driver for capacities is a good thing, no?

Clubs can then work on improving turnstiles, toilets, terracing etc to increase it.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

The Scottish Football Partnership provides funding to clubs to help improve facilities but it always annoyed me this is skewed towards clubs with licenses and the General Fund (which is less) is there for clubs who have not. That doesn't really help clubs move towards Licence, although as famous supermarket says every little helps!

They no longer have any money, and three of their four funds are closed.  Ask the SFA why.

Just now, Burnieman said:

Because you require to have your capacity certified annually by your local authority, and the local authority will likely use the Green Guide, ie Safety at Sports Ground guide, to calculate this.  Having safety as the main driver for capacities is a good thing, no?

Clubs can then work on improving turnstiles, toilets, terracing etc to increase it.

The case in point shows the law is an ass. 900 at Pollok is mental. Everyone knows that.