2022 travel plans

Ylf

Malta in late February, which will hopefully at least be a reasonable temperature. 

Paris in March (3rd time lucky on this one). 

Also have a shitload of Virgin miles to use, having fretted for the last 18 months as to what I was going to do with them. Held off converting and I have enough for 3 returns in PE, alrhough still need to pay the taxes. Hopefully the reopening of Transatlantic travel will stop them going bust so I can use them. So looking at the US/Canada as well. 

Edited by Michael W

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/09/2021 at 20:47, MONKMAN said:

Had Vegas, Yosemite and San Francisco cancelled last year, so I’ll hopefully get that sorted for May/June

We did that 3 years ago in May /June - started in Vegas, then onto San Diego, working our way up to San Francisco, which was a fabulous place to visit and explore. 

After that we drove to Yosemite for a few nights, then onto Death Valley and finally back to Vegas.  Make sure you see the Grand Canyon when you are in Vegas. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/10/2021 at 10:31, Honest_Man#1 said:

Honeymoon next year. Looking at South Africa then onto Maldives/other beach type resort for a bit, but doesn’t look like getting from South Africa to Maldives is particularly easy.

Looks like other than from India/Sri Lanka, the Maldives are an absolute pain in the arse to get to. Love the look of the place, but definitely want something more adventurous/exciting for before it, which is looking hard to do.

42 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Looks like other than from India/Sri Lanka, the Maldives are an absolute pain in the arse to get to. Love the look of the place, but definitely want something more adventurous/exciting for before it, which is looking hard to do.

Have you thought about Oman? Makes sense in a straight line anyway, somewhere I've meant to go for a while. This might be a bit over the top but could give you an idea for what to look for..

https://www.turquoiseholidays.co.uk/destinations/indian-ocean/maldives/oman-the-maldives-sensational-six-senses/

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Have you thought about Oman? Makes sense in a straight line anyway, somewhere I've meant to go for a while. This might be a bit over the top but could give you an idea for what to look for..

https://www.turquoiseholidays.co.uk/destinations/indian-ocean/maldives/oman-the-maldives-sensational-six-senses/

Cheers for the recommendation but the Middle East is probably the last on my ‘to visit’ list of all the areas of the world!

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Cheers for the recommendation but the Middle East is probably the last on my ‘to visit’ list of all the areas of the world!

Oman is said to be pretty chilled, and has been for decades. Old style Arabia.

• 2 weeks later...

Following last night's result will be visiting Glasgow ca. 24th/25 March. Hopefully a 2nd home game on the 28th/29th. If not then will take in the away 'final' on the way back to Germany.

After the draw next week on Friday, will no doubt be doing a lot of bookings.

On 13/10/2021 at 10:45, welshbairn said:

Might have a wee trip to Odessa, connecting flights from Inverness to Luton. Might need an overnight stop in Luton though..

I've always fancied Odessa but have never got off my arse to organise it.

I'm really interested in going for it now. Hopefully there won't be any more lockdown preventing me from going.

Well tempted to book refundable tickets to Cape Town while prices are cheap with a gamble that Omicron turns out to be a damp squib.

P.S. Turns out they're not cheap yet, where I looked anyway. 

Edited by welshbairn

Where abouts is warm (25 or so) March time outwith canaries? 
Good time to go to Caribbean? Was looking at Antigua for an overdue honeymoon 

Mexico, Cape Verde and most of the Caribbean will be fine. There's also the UAE (not my cup of tea tbqh). You can also still get flights to India and Sri Lanka as the monsoon season doesn't usually start earlier than May. Egypt is also nice at this time of year - we had our honeymoon in Sharm in early April and it was comfortable without being overly hot.

The biggest issue is the price of longhaul flights right now as well as actually getting a direct flight. Flying midweek is definitely less expensive.

17 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

Where abouts is warm (25 or so) March time outwith canaries? 

Good time to go to Caribbean? Was looking at Antigua for an overdue honeymoon 

Marrakesh should be close to 25c in March, during the day anyway. Essaouira might be more honeymoon territory but slightly cooler being by the sea.