P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Division B Table and Fixtures

Division B P W D L Pts
Ziggy_The_Spider 10 10 0 0 30
The_kid1433 9 7 0 2 21
KenDeans 10 6 0 4 18
Arabjoe 8 5 0 3 15
Basedgodsa1nt 8 5 0 3 15
pleslie999 9 5 0 4 15
RBWatson 8 4 0 4 12
XCTR94 8 3 0 5 9
markf268 8 2 0 6 6
IncomingExile 9 2 0 7 6
N5_Spur 7 1 0 6 3
mackieboz 8 1 0 7 3

Round 11
mackieboz vs N5_Spur
Arabjoe vs pleslie999
The_kid1433 vs XCTR94
IncomingExile vs markf268
Ziggy_The_Spider vs Basedgodsa1nt
RBWatson vs KenDeans

Round 12
pleslie999 vs mackieboz
The_kid1433 vs N5_Spur
Arabjoe vs markf268
Ziggy_The_Spider vs XCTR94
IncomingExile vs KenDeans
RBWatson vs Basedgodsa1nt

5 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Rbwatson beats pleslie999 by checkmate

not blundered mate in 1 in a while so why not do it now! My opponent offered a draw too but I thought I could’ve seen the match over the line if I could avoid perpetual check, stupid blunder cost me in the end. Well played sir!

I hadn't even spotted that was possible, thought my only hope was to check you into submission and a draw!

28 minutes ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

@the tungston weasel defeats Saint by resignation.

7 blunders by me, apologies to my opponent and to my current opponent @N5 Spur for the awful multi tasking and chess playing.

All the best in your remaining fixtures @the tungston weasel

Thanks for the game mate.  Definitely one of the wackiest ones I've played in this league.  Pieces being hung all over the place. 

You had me on the ropes in the opening a knight down and zero development for me,  then you suddenly hung your queen.

Not to be outdone I threw away mine a little later but by then I'd took the initiative with a slight material advantage. (Helped by a couple of your 6 blunders!)

I can see why you'd be kicking yourself because overall, that was a smash and grab for me. I'm a lucky guy.

Good luck with the rest of the season

Edited by the tungston weasel

1 hour ago, IncomingExile said:

Slightly off-topic, but related..... how do you select (or deselect) the flag on your profile on chess.com? Also, what a fixture list, throws up the bottom four in a six-pointer shootout - unavailable on Sky Sports.

You have a profile page where you can select your country. You seem to have already set it to 'United Kingdom'

Edited by Aim Here

1 minute ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

@N5 Spur defeats Saint by checkmate.

No complaints here, better player won.

Well played and all the best for remaining fixtures.

Likewise re the remaining fixtures, and thanks for the game. Close until the taking of your queen.  Apologies too for the length of time between moves - I have a too many concurrent games taking place.

Look forward to the return.

Division B

Round 7 - N5 Spur defeats markf268 /  @true_rover by checkmate. Cracking game, could have gone either way, and a handily placed pawn kept me in things even though I was material light. 

Round 10 - XCTR94 / @SweeperDee defeats N5 Spur by resignation.  Nicely played, never really a contest.  

Thanks to both, good luck for the rest of the tournament.

9 minutes ago, N5 Spur said:

Division B

Round 7 - N5 Spur defeats markf268 /  @true_rover by checkmate. Cracking game, could have gone either way, and a handily placed pawn kept me in things even though I was material light. 

Round 10 - XCTR94 / @SweeperDee defeats N5 Spur by resignation.  Nicely played, never really a contest.  

Thanks to both, good luck for the rest of the tournament.

Just unfortunate you couldn’t castle, having your king stuck in the middle like that will always make it hard going. Good game.

Division B, Round 11

Incoming Exile defeats markf268/true rover by resignation. 

I'd taken a much more aggressive approach to this game than I have in the past, and on this occasion it paid off against an equally attacking opponent. Was crucified in the chess.com analysis but managed to maneouvre my queen into a dangerous position attacking a cornered rook and undeveloped knight. 

Thanks for the game, look forward to the return leg. 

Div B Rd12.

Ziggy beats XCTR94 by checkmate.

An interesting game, I wasn’t convinced by the number of times my opponent moved his queen in the opening but it was still about equal about a dozen moves in. 

Getting your king caught in the centre was a killer though, it could have been a tough game if you’d castled when you had the chance.

Thanks for the game!!

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Div B Rd12.

Ziggy beats XCTR94 by checkmate.

An interesting game, I wasn’t convinced by the number of times my opponent moved his queen in the opening but it was still about equal about a dozen moves in. 

Getting your king caught in the centre was a killer though, it could have been a tough game if you’d castled when you had the chance.

Thanks for the game!!

I was holding off long castling thinking I could maybe do something with my Queen and Bishop but when you eventually checked my king the first time I saw the writing on the wall, got tunnel vision and just missed my chance to move my king out of danger fast enough. Well played.

On 04/06/2023 at 13:57, Aim Here said:

Division B

Round 11

Arabjoe vs pleslie999

Arabjoe wins by checkmate.

As always, a tight game - was never more than a point or two in it.  But I managed to fork your Knight/Bishop which allowed my Queen so make a move down the side and trap your King.  Looking forward to the rematch.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

@arab_joe sorry I deleted the request by accident, you asked to send again please? 

I can't challenge you as my rating is too low - can you please challenge me?

On 28/05/2023 at 09:58, Aim Here said:

Division B Table and Fixtures

markf268 vs RBWatson

RBWatson wins by checkmate.

@true_rover must be kicking himself, after skilfully parlaying a couple of errors on my part into mate in 9 before blundering mate in 1. Absolute robbery for the second match in a row.

27 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

Arabjoe wins by checkmate.

As always, a tight game - was never more than a point or two in it.  But I managed to fork your Knight/Bishop which allowed my Queen so make a move down the side and trap your King.  Looking forward to the rematch.

I can't challenge you as my rating is too low - can you please challenge me?

Well played, got myself tied up in knots and realised there wasn’t an escape for my king. 
I’m not having a great season…..