Celtic v super saints 30/01/21

Duffy. [emoji1787]

What's he even trying to do there.

He'd struggle to get a game for any other team in the top flight, which makes the hysteria over his arrival and what he's cost even funnier.

Every time I watch Celtic he's like a coo wi a gun and costs his team at least a goal.

HT 1-2
Yeah fair reflection, if anything it flatters the home side.
We’ve been much the better team and been on the front foot from the off. We’ve dominated Celtic all over the park, they can’t cope with our pace and pressing.
The first goal is a great bit of passing football between McGrath, Connolly and Dennis which ended with a fine finish. Love Denno, he’s fully fit and flying now. Two goals and an assist in less than 90 minutes from him, he’s a proper baller.
Then Celtic go up the park and score with pretty much their first chance. Nice touch and finish by Edouard.
We kept pushing on though and deservedly got back in front. I see Duffy is getting slated and it was his fault, kind of. But it’s an outrageous bit of skill by Durmus.
The ball is coming in just below head height and Duffy goes up to challenge for the header.
Ilkay then pulls the ball out the air with a ridiculous first touch and sticks it in the net.
Meanwhile big Shaun is still trying to head the thing and looking a bit silly. More to do with the brilliance of Durmus than how shite he is though.
Definitely points here for the taking if we keep this performance level up, we’ve been excellent. Cammy and Ethan been brilliant in the middle. Connolly and Durmus are causing chaos on the flanks and Kristian is leading the line superbly. Long way to go though and I’m sure Celtic will come back into it.

Very pleased to see half time roll in there. We were doing ok still but needed the whistle to regroup. Our passing had become a bit stretched.

That said, it's been one of the best 45 mins of football I've seen from us for a very long time. Durmus has been utterly magnificent. Playing left forward and also at full back. 

1 minute ago, Lex said:

FT 1-2
Yeah fair reflection, if anything it flatters the home side.
We’ve been much the better team and been on the front foot from the off. We’ve dominated Celtic all over the park, they can’t cope with our pace and pressing.
The first goal is a great bit of passing football between McGrath, Connolly and Dennis which ended with a fine finish. Love Denno, he’s fully fit and flying now. Two goals and an assist in less than 90 minutes from him, he’s a proper baller.
Then Celtic go up the park and score with pretty much their first chance. Nice touch and finish by Edouard.
We kept pushing on though and deservedly got back in front. I see Duffy is getting slated and it was his fault, kind of. But it’s an outrageous bit of skill by Durmus.
The ball is coming in just below head height and Duffy goes up to challenge for the header.
Ilkay then pulls the ball out the air with a ridiculous first touch and sticks it in the net.
Meanwhile big Shaun is still trying to head the thing and looking a bit silly. More to do with the brilliance of Durmus than how shite he is though.
Definitely points here for the taking if we keep this performance level up, we’ve been excellent. Cammy and Ethan been brilliant in the middle. Connolly and Durmus are causing chaos on the flanks and Kristian is leading the line superbly. Long way to go though and I’m sure Celtic will come back into it.

That'd do...

If Duffy plays the full 90 minutes I expect St Mirren to get at least another goal. How he has played in the English Premiership and captains ROI I will never know, he is absolutely hoaching. 

Always wary of guys like Turnbull and McGregor getting a bit of space at the edge of our box, and Edouard and Griffiths can both make a goal out of nothing. When was the last time St Mirren won at Parkhead? Must be at least 25-30 years. 

Just now, IrishBhoy said:

If Duffy plays the full 90 minutes I expect St Mirren to get at least another goal. How he has played in the English Premiership and captains ROI I will never know, he is absolutely hoaching. 

Always wary of guys like Turnbull and McGregor getting a bit of space at the edge of our box, and Edouard and Griffiths can both make a goal out of nothing. When was the last time St Mirren won at Parkhead? Must be at least 25-30 years. 

31 years to the day.

1 minute ago, IrishBhoy said:

1990 I was there singing oh the first goal was scored by Gunni the second by Geordie Shaw .....

Just now, glenburn bud said:

That control and the finish from Ilkay for the second goal, top drawer stuff.  Our subs are going to work their socks off to match the levels of Dennis and McAllister.

McAllister fatiguing will be an issue, but at least we have plenty options. I could imagine sending Brophy on and telling him to run himself into the ground for 35 minutes.

McAllister busy looking like the player we all hope he can be, though.