It's United - Song

Hey folks,

I'm looking to see if anyone has any idea about who might own the rights to the It's United song.

We know the composer is A McFarlane is the composer and the most recent rights belongs to have Premier Records who seem to have gone bust.

Any ideas?

Hey folks,
I'm looking to see if anyone has any idea about who might own the rights to the It's United song.
We know the composer is A McFarlane is the composer and the most recent rights belongs to have Premier Records who seem to have gone bust.
Any ideas?

Can you tell us who the composer is?

It’s me. I wrote it and down the rights. In fact I’ve written every song since September 1978.
I also own everything that’s written on the internet so I’d be very careful what you type.
I haven't read the whole internet yet but I've printed it out and I'm working on it.

46 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It’s me. I wrote it and down the rights. In fact I’ve written every song since September 1978.

Bullshit. It's based on a love ballad I wrote for Ted Rogers, presenter of 80s game show 3-2-1, with Dusty Bin.

"It's you and I, Ted..."

1 hour ago, The Marly said:
1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
I also own everything that’s written on the internet so I’d be very careful what you type.

I haven't read the whole internet yet but I've printed it out and I'm working on it.

27 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Bullshit. It's based on a love ballad I wrote for Ted Rogers, presenter of 80s game show 3-2-1, with Dusty Bin.

"It's you and I, Ted..."

I'm suing you both for breach of copyright.

33 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Probably this chunt....

And as for you.

15 hours ago, mershdoes said:

Hey folks,

Any ideas?

It can be complicated. Start with the composer, is he still alive? If so ask him, if not, how long has he been dead as copyright expires 70 years after his death.

It also depends on how he sold the rights to the work to the recording company - and if it’s the musical score you want to use or the record version.

This is a good source for info: https://www.copyrightuser.org