Arbroath vs Pars vs Poseidon vs Aeolus

14 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Yeah, that's why the effect known as the 'Murrayfield swirl' at a certain large stadium in Edinburgh (that holds around 5 times the capacity of EEP) is a figment of the imagination. The big stands obviously keep the weather out.

Have you ever been to Cliftonhill? I presume not.

The ball bobbles off the divots in August, never mind February.

Yes I’ve been to cliftonhill, all be it in April and not February.  I’ve been to Glebe quite a lot,. And it’s always had more grass on it than what we were playing on yesterday.   Our pitch was like that a few years ago, so we replaced it.

9 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Hahaha, we play in those conditions about 3 or 4 times a year, you’re acting as if we’re a group of aliens playing football on planet Mars. 
Get a grip

Dunfermline are a better team hence why they are 10 Points ahead of us and will probably finish in top 4 but there really isn’t much between any of the teams in this league. 

Do you not count a side playing in conditions like that 3-4 times a year( up to a quarter of your home games). As having a significant experience advantage compared to a side that maybe plays in weather like that once every 10 years? and never when the ball is moving backwards. (I know I keep making that point but it just shows how ridiculous level of wind we are a taking about)?

14 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Yes I’ve been to cliftonhill, all be it in April and not February.  I’ve been to Glebe quite a lot,. And it’s always had more grass on it than what we were playing on yesterday.   Our pitch was like that a few years ago, so we replaced it.

Do you not count a side playing in conditions like that 3-4 times a year( up to a quarter of your home games). As having a significant experience advantage compared to a side that maybe plays in weather like that once every 10 years? and never when the ball is moving backwards. (I know I keep making that point but it just shows how ridiculous level of wind we are a taking about)?

Yes, just don’t see the need for the incessant greeting, DA Baracus seems to be the only one taking it on the chin and questioning your own manager/team. I can also assure you that Inverness dealt with it a lot better than Dunfermline did. 
We had two new young loan players playing in it yesterday who probably haven’t experienced it before, why did they adapt and play so well?

we also had to sacrifice our main attacking threat (Linn) at half time as he would’ve been a man short second half. 

Looking forward to the next game at east end park, win win situation, If we win and get 3 points, anything else we can just say we aren't used to the sun shining from that angle or that that the ball doesn't normally bounce like that,

No one asked for any praise, all that had been said is that we played the conditions better and were more up for it,

49 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Yeah, but your ground is near the sea, and up a hill, and doesn't have huge stands enclosing all 4 sides.

In addition, a train might derail and plough into the McDermid stand, killing hundreds of fans.

I hadn't realised how dangerous Starks Park was. 

image.jpeg.8b4711a2385c7ff22f960b600a2a75ad.jpeg

Err, the game was at East End Park

The players clearly didn’t want to be there. They couldn’t be arsed playing in those conditions. You could tell straight away from their body language that they were assuming it was getting binned. It should have been, but you have to play to the ref’s whistle. Arbroath were keen and right up for it, as they would have known and seen from our players just how badly they would take playing in they conditions, whereas the Arbroath players would be well used it. It was a fucking mauling and it could have easily been 5 to Arbroath at half time. I would have had no complaints if Arbroath were 4 or 5 ahead going in to the break. They took advantage of the wind and we never. It was a fucking horror show all round for us and next Saturday can’t come quick enough to try and get that out the system.

Funny there's so many posts from wee team fans when their more illustrious neighbours lose. Take more pleasure in Dunfermline losing than the wee team winning i.m.o. Anyway well done Arbroath. Got it spot on yesterday and we never looked up for it.

Edited by parslad

46 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Yes, just don’t see the need for the incessant greeting, DA Baracus seems to be the only one taking it on the chin and questioning your own manager/team. I can also assure you that Inverness dealt with it a lot better than Dunfermline did. 
We had two new young loan players playing in it yesterday who probably haven’t experienced it before, why did they adapt and play so well?

we also had to sacrifice our main attacking threat (Linn) at half time as he would’ve been a man short second half. 

Its entirely our own doing, we didn't adapt to the conditions and then cried about not doing so.

The managers response was an embrassment.

He demotivated the players then backed them for being scared to play. Its the moment that said to me he's out of his depth.

Edited by D.A.F.C

Just now, stan3600 said:

Not once. Let’s see a clip?

I think that parsforlife is having problems in expressing himself in comprehensible language. I've noticed this tendency before in Fifers.

I would suggest that he means that the ball was blown back 20 yards from its furthest forward point after being kicked, rather than being blown back 20 yards behind the point it was kicked from.

Whatever he means, it was the same for both sides, and the referee's decision about the conditions is final.

Let's sum this up with 3 points we can all agree on.

1. The playing conditions were horrendous caused by the weather and had a massive impact on the football played.

2. Arbroath played better and deserved the 3 points.

3. Stevie Crawford cried himself to sleep last night hugging his favorite Teddy.

22 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

Let's sum this up with 3 points we can all agree on.

1. The playing conditions were horrendous caused by the weather and had a massive impact on the football played.

2. Arbroath played better and deserved the 3 points.

3. Stevie Crawford cried himself to sleep last night hugging his favorite Teddy.

He actually sounded like he was crying in the interview. Most unlike him.

40 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

I think that parsforlife is having problems in expressing himself in comprehensible language. I've noticed this tendency before in Fifers.

I would suggest that he means that the ball was blown back 20 yards from its furthest forward point after being kicked, rather than being blown back 20 yards behind the point it was kicked from.

Whatever he means, it was the same for both sides, and the referee's decision about the conditions is final.

Yes that’s what I was meaning.

Arbroath accepting every single referring decision no matter how ridiculous is not something I thought I’d see football fans do to be honest.  It has to be commended,  It will be quite a sight seeing them graciously accepting penalties against them. Tho they will need to get better at it than they were at the cup game to truly support refs in their decision making.

Edited by parsforlife