Married at First Sight

19QOS19

Despite the fact that I've never watched the show, I've just made the effort to type 'Married at First Sight contestants' into Google. Based on nothing but still images, the best-looking seem to be Martha, Jess and Susie (possibly Heidi as well). The rest of them look very unappealing, but I only have photos to judge them on. 

Despite the fact that I've never watched the show, I've just made the effort to type 'Married at First Sight contestants' into Google. Based on nothing but still images, the best-looking seem to be Martha, Jess and Susie (possibly Heidi as well). The rest of them look very unappealing, but I only have photos to judge them on. 
I'm guessing it's a straight on picture of Jess. She's a horror side on.

52 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I'm guessing it's a straight on picture of Jess. She's a horror side on.

When she's interviewed from the front and without too much make-up on she's very attractive.  Sad on though and she's like a fish!

When she's interviewed from the front and without too much make-up on she's very attractive.  Sad on though and she's like a fish!
It's purely her lips. Even face on when she 'scrunches' them up they take over her face and she looks awful. If she had normal sized lips she'd probably be absolutely stunning to me. I really can't get my head around lassies putting that shit into their lips and thinking it's attractive. And I seriously question any guy who finds it attractive.

Speaking of Jess, Eps 25 and she's chose to stay with Mick wanting to go. Her smug face is something I think I would rather punch repeatedly than kiss [emoji38]

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wow, Jess really is a complete tramp of a woman.

Fast becoming the new Ines - would love Cyrelle to hear about her propositioning Nick.  Her and Martha are for the watching - fancy Tamara to get stuck into them.  New girl Susie - hardly surprising she has been single.

Fast becoming the new Ines - would love Cyrelle to hear about her propositioning Nick.  Her and Martha are for the watching - fancy Tamara to get stuck into them.  New girl Susie - hardly surprising she has been single.
Ines is definitely mentally unstable so some of her behaviour can be excused. Jess is just a spoiled bitch who is well aware of what she's doing and how her actions will effect other people. I'd say that makes her worse.

We've only watched Susie and Billy at the meals and meetings. I can't be bothered watching their story as she's just too horrible. Clearly signed up to just be a cow and I really can't believe the "experts" paired those two together.

Apparently at the end they sit down and watch what they never saw? I expect they'll show The Tramp hitting on Nic. Hopefully Cyrell tears her a new one/those who slated Cyrell for calling out Jess can apologise. She smells bullshit a mile away, it's pretty impressive.

Guest bernardblack

The continuity in this is horrendous. Couples sat having a full blown argument over dinner and there’s a full glass...suddenly empty....then full again 😂

This will be my first and last viewing of this show. I know they aren't technically married but the experiment is to see how it works after meeting someone once. For Jess and Dan to be deceitful, clearly upset their partners and members of the group and be allowed to stay makes a complete mockery of the show for me.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

This will be my first and last viewing of this show. I know they aren't technically married but the experiment is to see how it works after meeting someone once. For Jess and Dan to be deceitful, clearly upset their partners and members of the group and be allowed to stay makes a complete mockery of the show for me.

Yeah I feel the same way.  I think they did a disservice to the rest of the group.  It's a marriage show, not a dating show (in theory).  Allowing folk to chop and change will nilly especially being so deceitful is a nonsense.

Also, Jess must have one of the worst voices I've ever heard.  Awful.

Edited by Highland Capital

I can tell you're a first time viewer, in the first season that was on UK TV at the start of the pandemic one of the "brides" done a runner on the first day and the guy just dossed about for a few episodes before cracking on with someone else's wife.

I can tell you're a first time viewer, in the first season that was on UK TV at the start of the pandemic one of the "brides" done a runner on the first day and the guy just dossed about for a few episodes before cracking on with someone else's wife.
First and last as I say. I know she was always going to be allowed to stay for the drama but if the "experiment" is to see whether two strangers paired together will work then it clearly failed in those cased and they should have been told to leave.

Jess telling Shrek she loves him after about 3 weeks, him looking shell-shocked and reciprocating (clearly lying) and her later saying he obviously lives her as well. So much riddy, so little time [emoji38]

She must just complete black out after 3 or 4 wines. It was blatantly obvious he didn't feel that way about the tramp.

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Jess telling Shrek she loves him after about 3 weeks, him looking shell-shocked and reciprocating (clearly lying) and her later saying he obviously lives her as well. So much riddy, so little time emoji38.png

She must just complete black out after 3 or 4 wines. It was blatantly obvious he didn't feel that way about the tramp.

Apparently they split up weeks after the show finished which makes keeping them in even more of a nonsense.

Edited by Highland Capital

Apparently they split up weeks after the show finished which makes keeping them in even more of a nonsense.
Unless you were extremely thick, Jess style, or it was the way it was edited, it was blatantly obvious he didn't feel the way she (apparently) did. I'm not so sure she was even that interested in him. She just latched on to someone who took an interest back in her. I just hope the cow uprooted to his place before it broke up. Nasty little cow.

49 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Unless you were extremely thick, Jess style, or it was the way it was edited, it was blatantly obvious he didn't feel the way she (apparently) did. I'm not so sure she was even that interested in him. She just latched on to someone who took an interest back in her. I just hope the cow uprooted to his place before it broke up. Nasty little cow.

She seems to be one of these people from a tough background who still goes for absolute morons.  Seemingly her boyfriend before the show had previously been in prison for killing a great grandmother by dangerous driving.  Also turns out her ex-boxer dad had been in jail in the 2000s for attacking a woman with bolt cutters and her brother (who has since bizarrely been in a relationship with the newly nose-jobbed Tamara) has been accused of domestic violence and theft.

She seems to be one of these people from a tough background who still goes for absolute morons.  Seemingly her boyfriend before the show had previously been in prison for killing a great grandmother by dangerous driving.  Also turns out her ex-boxer dad had been in jail in the 2000s for attacking a woman with bolt cutters and her brother (who has since bizarrely been in a relationship with the newly nose-jobbed Tamara) has been accused of domestic violence and theft.
Aye she's certainly had a rough upbringing and it's clearly fucked her up. That she is giving it the "my family is everything to me" in regards to her father when he was nowhere to be seen for 20 odd years, screams of someone desperate to be loved. I don't hold that against her but regardless of how she was brought up, hurting other people to get what she wants is cuntish behaviour. The dad is a basketcas and clearly a drunk as Mick pointed out!

The final two episodes were fucking fantastic television. The Final Dinner Party was just a complete scenesfest, arguments and bitching galore, and Martha finally emerging from the shadows as the puppet-mistress launched her wine over Cyrell and confirmed her place as Empress of the Darkside . Cyclone Cyrell was once again the undisputed star of the show. Looked like she was genuinely away to kick Martha's head-in, then just verbally bodied her after Martha's half-arsed apology attempt. Phenomenal stuff from the Queen. Ines going full banshee at Sam was also great fun, and was the start of probably the least likely event in the entirety of the show. The Ines face-turn.

The final episode was excellent. Sam being a coward and no-showing was great entertainment, and showing everyone the multiple, multiple examples of him being an arsehole was really great stuff (howling at Mike's "it's becoming more and more difficult to defend that" 😂). Liz and Ines accidentally becoming best friends was unexpected (women scorned, enemy of my enemy, etc) but not as unexpected as Ines cementing her redemption with sincere apologies to Liz and Bronson. Heartwarming for all. The Cyclone Cyrell greatest hits package was great (especially the clip of her and Martha in the facemask), but the unveiling / confirmation of Jess as an absolute horror and sociopath was the undoubted highlight. Nick getting a big cheer when he finally admitted "yeah, she was coming on to me" was good, Dan's progressed realisation and disgust of what an arse of it he'd made was really good, but Mick's (and to a lesser degree Tamara's) reactions were just phenomenal. If you can watch that and tell me that anyone has ever had more fun at any point in their lives than Mick had during that 5 minute spell, I'd call you a liar. The best guy in it having the time of his life. What a way to go out. Ending with Cam and Jules was 'nice' but obviously a bit of a damp squib, but after all the other fun (and there were plenty other examples over the two episodes) it was more than forgivable to end on a happy note.

What a fucking show.