Dunfermline Athletic vs Alloa Athletic

Much better from Alloa today. Hetherington and Taggs were both excellent with a number of other very good performances , including Robbo, Kev and big Cameron.

Alas, despite how well we played generally, this season's same two failings of lack of quality in attack and losing softish goals (albeit not as soft as several we have conceded) have resulted in defeat to a Dunfermline side who didn't play at all well.

Unfortunately with results elsewhere that's a bad day all round and we have a real challenge to even get ninth. I'd never write this group of players off though.

4 minutes ago, LazyBW said:
10 minutes ago, Dundee Par said:
We beat them earlier this season.

Apologies. That's my chunky fingers missing out words using my phone! I meant a league victory at East End.

I assumed that was the case, I was just being a dick 👀

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We've won a few times at Alloa in recent seasons as well. Our record through there is a lot better than at home.

It’s weird, we’ve beaten them most times through there quite easily yet look like compete diddys at home. They just start dominating the midfield and we seem clueless as to what to do. This is going back to AJ days as well. Not matching them man for man in midfield is maybe the reason? 
Yes we should go on the front foot but not with Lewis Mayo and Wilson hetherington had them on toast. Another good midfielder from Alloa, like flannigan last season who I thought was arguably better than any other at what he did.

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

It’s weird, we’ve beaten them most times through there quite easily yet look like compete diddys at home. They just start dominating the midfield and we seem clueless as to what to do. This is going back to AJ days as well. Not matching them man for man in midfield is maybe the reason? 
Yes we should go on the front foot but not with Lewis Mayo and Wilson hetherington had them on toast. Another good midfielder from Alloa, like flannigan last season who I thought was arguably better than any other at what he did.

Yes I thought dunfermline completely lost a foothold in midfield and youre manager done nothing to change it, I also think its no coincidence hetherington had as good a game as he had without ray grant in there, I don't think they compliment each other at all. Hes not as dominant when grants in there. I hope peter grant keeps the team the same for Tuesday night. 

angry animation GIF by Lolly StudioPeter grants interview taken off the pars site after he mentioned cheating. No sound clip which is a first.

This is what’s left and it’s still pretty full on.

Alloa manager Peter Grant was critical of referee Steven Reid:-

“Goal, (no) penalty kick, people going down in the box, time wasting. Two balls sitting behind the goal and we kept saying that to him and I got booked for it. We got the usual four (added) minutes. It is disgusting.

“I said to him after the game, do you analyse your game? Can I see your report because I keep asking if I can get reports after the game. I get crucified for shouting things on the pitch.

“Dunfermline are a very good side with very good players but I think Stevie will sleep very well after that.

“I thought we were excellent, we created chances, we had some horrible horrible decisions not given to us. When you go back and look at them it is even worse. I am sure you heard when Innes Cameron was going to shoot and the boy kicks him. I’m sure everybody hears it because we all hear it but because the boys doesn’t dive, they say it is not a penalty. It beggars belief.

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

I didn't mean handling pressure so much, rather is he capable of getting the best out of those players when they are up against decent sides in big games? Winning ugly is good but at some point you need to know the team can produce the level they should be capable of. I have no axe to grind with Crawford, indeed he came across really well in an interview I read recently, and his recruitment is good, but his teams look very disjointed pretty much every time I've seen them. 

I think he prefers when we go into matches that everyone expects to be difficult for us.  If we take the hearts games, or away to Celtic,  we have tended to put in good performances, but these have been to an extent free hits.   Hence the question on what will happen when/if we play play off matches where there’s a lot riding on the result.

And grant can shut his greeting pus.

Disallowed goal was clear foul, attacker holding the arm of defender preventing him jumping, first penalty claim defender got touch on ball and the second one defender hit ball off attacker and attacker went down looking for penalty. Was clear handball from Murray header not given in first half that could have resulted in Alloa player being sent off

15 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I think he prefers when we go into matches that everyone expects to be difficult for us.  If we take the hearts games, or away to Celtic,  we have tended to put in good performances, but these have been to an extent free hits.   Hence the question on what will happen when/if we play play off matches where there’s a lot riding on the result.

And grant can shut his greeting pus.

He really struggles to set a team up to attack. Yet again showed this today despite playing two up front with wingers. His midfield went to pot, to the extent where Alloa had a free pass to walk through the midfield unchallenged. Think Craw has some good attributes but not the man to take us forward.

8 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

He really struggles to set a team up to attack. Yet again showed this today despite playing two up front with wingers. His midfield went to pot, to the extent where Alloa had a free pass to walk through the midfield unchallenged. Think Craw has some good attributes but not the man to take us forward.

Shhh. If we can get into the playoffs and do okay I reckon Hibs will give us a pile of cash for him when Ross takes over from Lennon at Celtic. 
The next management team of Petrie, Whittaker and Rudi Voëller will address your concerns. 

43 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Aye it's odd. Away to Celtic we were superbly organised despite sitting deep most of the game and totally limited them to speculative long range chances, whilst still carrying a threat going forward (see how many players were in the Celtic box when Beadling scored). Yet today, in the second half*, we sat back and looked nervy and let Alloa get chances and struggled to get support forward when we had the ball.

Away to Hearts a few weeks back we were excellent until the defensive subs. We played some good stuff and had multiple chances. Then a pant was shat, we subbed our best player, who was also our best attacking player, and we lost a goal and had lost our best means of getting level.

*First half we were decent for about 37 minutes. We got Banks and Murray on the ball a lot and the full backs got forward often and even put some crosses in. Then a pant was shat...

He knows how to set up an attacking team but is far too much of a shitebag as a manager to do it enough. It's worse when you consider the utter dross in our league. Shitting the bed away to Morton, Arbroath and Ayr?! Have a word Stevie.

27 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Wet dreams 

I don't think my penis could cope.

Edited by DA Baracus