Stereotypes

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Aye I do enjoy it when I get it over here but can imagine it's lightyears behind what they have. Being a vegetarian that loves an Indian though it's just nice to occasionally break up the chickpea monotony.

Bhindi masala is a big vegetarian favourite of mine, though you tend to only see it in the posher Indian restaurants. Worth a try if you haven't already.

Edited by GAD

On 24/02/2021 at 21:25, ropy said:

What about the wankers who wear their team’s shirt when they go to the shops or get on a plane to go their holidays, they are for the watching.

9/10 times when the regular summer story is on the news about a plane getting turned around due to a drunk and abusive passenger, there's a Celtic top in the picture. 

31 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Sellik da's love a polo shirt emblazoned with the Celtic badge. Also known to frequent Las Vegas & do stuff usually involving faux-catholic & faux-papal stuff.

Polo shirts are relatively subtle as opposed to the boys and their bellies (this possibly applies more to Rangers fans) that wander round Asda in the first team top from any year.

Edited by ropy

Celtic fans are definitely the weirdest in terms of brand obsession. Will lap up all the kits, tracksuits and polos with the logo for hundreds of pounds each. Houses will be littered with "Memorabilia" (cheap tat flogged by the club). Blokes in their 60s getting Celtic birthday cakes. The list is endless.

Boy in Asda last night of about 50 wearing this season’s Celtic top and it somehow looked about 10 years old. You can tell he’s worn it every day since it was released last summer. 

It was green and grey, to quote one of our resident Sevconians, and loads of threads hanging from it. I actually let out a snigger when I walked past him.  I was genuinely impressed with how old a less than a year old football top looked.