Morton vs Ayr

23 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

In many ways, while being a fun listen on commentary, Andy Ritchie is akin to the stereotype of yer da. Constantly complaining, talking about the way football used to be etc. Yet even he can see and succinctly summarise the glaring problems with this team which the fitness coach the club have left in charge can't spot. We'd probably be better off with the 65 year old co-commentator who hasn't had a coaching role in over 30 years than the glorified PE teacher we've got; you can be confident he'd at least put our best players on the park, considering how much he struggles to disguise his contempt for obvious duds like Blues and Salkeld.

Again, if we had a manager, he'd be getting sacked today. We don't have a manager, we haven't won in 10, we've lost four of our last seven, we're putting Cameron Blues and Sean McGinty on the pitch while Reece Lyon and Markus Fjortoft are on the bench and the club is just going to plough on with this as if it's okay and relegation isn't inevitable without an immediate change.

I hear what you're saying and wouldn't disagree with any of it but when you've played the game at a level that Andy Ritchie has and have a level of feeling for the club thrown in for good measure, it must be painful for him to watch that performance today and not have an opinion on it without sounding like yer da.

High praise to both commentators today for calling the game as they saw it. They weren't making any excuses for the home sides deficiencies as the game went on so fair play. 👍

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I hear what you're saying and wouldn't disagree with any of it but when you've played the game at a level that Andy Ritchie has and have a level of feeling for the club thrown in for good measure, it must be painful for him to watch that performance today and not have an opinion on it without sounding like yer da.

High praise to both commentators today for calling the game as they saw it. They weren't making any excuses for the home sides deficiencies as the game went on so fair play. 👍

Tbh I think the Morton streaming service and the commentary is the best in the league 

Tbh I think the Morton streaming service and the commentary is the best in the league 
Absolutely this. Sorry to say this, but imo it makes ours look really poor. Hopefully though we won't need to worry about it for next season.

ETA: Lauren is by far the better co-commentator than Morton's.

I don't think I ours is the worst (the Hearts pair were really irritating last time), but I enjoy the Morton commentary. Love listening to Andy Ritchie, he was a top player when I first got into football.

Edited by RedEd

Anything is better than listening to the biased views of the BBC commentary, let's be honest 🙄. Couldn't help but scream at the TV at the amount of One sided commentary at the Hearts game on BBC scotland, where I'm sure Hearts were viewed favourites to win. Ayr hardly got a mention unless it was a bad tackle or a mistake. 

Today's game and commentary is certainly up there with the best. More about the football and less about the club. Credit to Morton for that. Do hope they stay up. 

13 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Agreed. I like the commentary team but as well as that the video is good - good frame rate and the multiple cameras are used pretty well. It's clear that whoever helps run it knows what they are doing.

Like many I initially thought that Ndaba was being played in midfield again when I saw the team sheet and feared the worst, but moving Muirhead into midfield was a great move because I think Ndaba and Baird worked really well together - as the commentators said, Ndaba strolled through the game today barely putting a foot wrong.

You do wonder whether that formation had been ruled out by Kerr in the past and if so why? I can't recall Ndaba being played at centre half at all prior to this game and it clearly worked very well. Also I thought McKenzie did well and deserves to start on Tuesday night again.

46 minutes ago, Hursty said:

That's our first away league win anywhere other than Alloa since 4th of January 2020.  

The worst game of football off all time. 

34 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Absolutely this. Sorry to say this, but imo it makes ours look really poor. Hopefully though we won't need to worry about it for next season.

ETA: Lauren is by far the better co-commentator than Morton's.

I wouldn't like fans returning to be the end of it, I would like the option to pay for a midweek game I would struggle to/couldn't make for example.  

Credit to White and Stillie , playing McKenzie up top not before time playing Muirhead alongside Murdoch in middle , gave middle of park a better balance , also Ndaba had a great game in his natural position , still work to do but that was a step in right direction 

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

I thought it was quite decent, better than a lot of the turd matches we've been put through lately

Today's match was hardly a classic and was a different world to that freezing day in Dunfermline. 

I wouldn't like fans returning to be the end of it, I would like the option to pay for a midweek game I would struggle to/couldn't make for example.  
Yeah absolutely! I considered posting that, but wasn't sure what the demand would be compared with the cost to run it.

I'd be keen for that too, living in Edinburgh makes getting to these games hard.

I would like to know the viewing figures for our streamed home games. You know how many we're getting itzdrk?

4 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:
11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Yeah absolutely! I considered posting that, but wasn't sure what the demand would be compared with the cost to run it.

3 minutes ago, super_carson said:
11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'd be keen for that too, living in Edinburgh makes getting to these games hard.

I think the change to how people work would make it attractive, it's no longer the case that the factories empty in time for kick off on a Saturday at 3. 

Just now, Ayr23 said:
12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I would like to know the viewing figures for our streamed home games. You know how many we're getting itzdrk?

I actually don't know, I believe it's around 900 but not as a fact. 

I think the change to how people work would make it attractive, it's no longer the case that the factories empty in time for kick off on a Saturday at 3. 
Aye obviously that's not the current working pattern. But I'd say that the majority of the population still work Monday to Friday in whatever capacity. To give fans the option to watch a game if they can't make it to Somerset is great. Not sure if the broadcasting rules might revert back?

23 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think the main problem is that live streams will reduce the crowds probably considerably so just not sure whether it would work financially for clubs