Next Ayr United manager

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

Faddy would be the sort of 1st timer that's worth a punt, he'll have book of names to be envied. 

Correct thanks for replying first bit of common sence all night in here

Some of the boys in his over 35 team could still probability be close to a game not even kidding on

And players of a certain age who idolised him growing up would  want to play for him so it's a no brainer 

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

Faddy would be the sort of 1st timer that's worth a punt, he'll have book of names to be envied. 

I don’t think any first timer is worth a punt at moment , Faddy’s experience is not what we need , his last job he was in helping run a team with the supposedly best 24 players in their positions , he does not have that luxury at Ayr 

I don’t think any first timer is worth a punt at moment , Faddy’s experience is not what we need , his last job he was in helping run a team with the supposedly best 24 players in their positions , he does not have that luxury at Ayr 
As someone who sees behind the scenes and probably knows what kind of person would fit in well who would you want to get the job robbo?

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

He'll be less of a gamble than our usual 1st timer, the list of supposed candidates is extremely underwhelming. 

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Last job was Motherwell assistant and he wasn't picking the team there or with the national team

Taking a dig at any coach is a bit of a cheap shot when he only has them for two weeks and that time isn't all spent on the training ground either

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

How much experience did Stevie Gerrard have before Rangers or Lennon before Celtic?

Even to a Ayr degree with Burley who did well in this league before heading to Motherwell 

Were Faddy would eventually leave for to in a few years if he did well

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We can’t afford to take a gamble on McFadden. I don’t really watch him talking on the tele either and think he’d “he’d be a good manager”.

That's been our problem over the last few decades, we never take a punt,McCalls the 1st time in around 30 years that my interest piqued at an appointment. 

McFadden is surely in the Shelley Kerr bracket....

In all seriousness, he has done absolutely nothing to earn a management post. He could be part of the coaching team or work his way up from the lower leagues as a manager.

Edited by No_Problemo

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

In all seriousness, he has done absolutely nothing to earn a management post. He could be part of a coaching team or work his way up from the lower leagues. 

No harm to Kerr but it's like comparing a thoroughbred to a pony. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

In all seriousness, he has done absolutely nothing to earn a management post. He could be part of a coaching team or work his way up from the lower leagues. 

Was with Scotland under McLeish and Strachan and Motherwell assistant 

Got experience of the best league in the world would bring a level of professionalism and high standards expected of any team wanting to go up

Got plenty of experience to step into a club like Ayr and is still highly thought of by a lot of people in the game

If he doesn't go into club management would like him to be under 21 Scotland boss would be a chance from Gemmill and Stark

8 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Was with Scotland under McLeish and Strachan and Motherwell assistant 

Got experience of the best league in the world would bring a level of professionalism and high standards expected of any team wanting to go up

Got plenty of experience to step into a club like Ayr and is still highly thought of by a lot of people in the game

If he doesn't go into club management would like him to be under 21 Scotland boss would be a chance from Gemmill and Stark

I’m not sure we can count Scotland, and Robinson passed on him after working with him for a couple of months at Motherwell...

Ayr United can be up in the big league again

Who ever comes in or who ever appoints the boss has to show ambition 

Take a chance on a new young boss that is on the same wave length with the players

And not a old stick in the mud who knows Faddy could be the new Alex Ferguson when he went to St Mirren

Or he could be the new Ally McCoist when he was Rangers boss we will never know till he is given a try

I genuinely believe he will make a good manager for somebody and he has attributes to go far in the game even back to Everton with Duncs coaching

18 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Last job was Motherwell assistant and he wasn't picking the team there or with the national team

Taking a dig at any coach is a bit of a cheap shot when he only has them for two weeks and that time isn't all spent on the training ground either

How much experience did Stevie Gerrard have before Rangers or Lennon before Celtic?

Even to a Ayr degree with Burley who did well in this league before heading to Motherwell 

Were Faddy would eventually leave for to in a few years if he did well

The guy is no where near what we need currently , as you admit he has never picked a team on his own , taking a dig at a coach is a cheap shot grow up you absolute twat  , read through this forum and you will see thousands of digs at more experienced coaches than Faddy 

1 minute ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Ayr United can be up in the big league again

Who ever comes in or who ever appoints the boss has to show ambition 

Take a chance on a new young boss that is on the same wave length with the players

And not a old stick in the mud who knows Faddy could be the new Alex Ferguson when he went to St Mirren

Or he could be the new Ally McCoist when he was Rangers boss we will never know till he is given a try

I genuinely believe he will make a good manager for somebody and he has attributes to go far in the game even back to Everton with Duncs coaching

Or he could be the next Mark Robert’s 

Just now, Robbo63 said:

The guy is no where near what we need currently , as you admit he has never picked a team on his own , taking a dig at a coach is a cheap shot grow up you absolute twat  , read through this forum and you will see thousands of digs at more experienced coaches than Faddy 

Maybe if he did pick the team we would have qualfied?

Can't say if he would or wouldn't cos you don't know

Just like you don't know if he would be a good or a bad manager for Ayr

What I can guarantee you though is that good players win leagues and games

And his name and reputation would attract more than someone like Kerr even McCall 

Just now, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Maybe if he did pick the team we would have qualfied?

Can't say if he would or wouldn't cos you don't know

Just like you don't know if he would be a good or a bad manager for Ayr

What I can guarantee you though is that good players win leagues and games

And his name and reputation would attract more than someone like Kerr even McCall 

Night night , you really are not worth replying too anymore ,