Loch Ness v Clyde Riviera

It's quite poetic that Gardiner's appointment of a shite manager could potentially kill Inverness off considering their money worries. Caley fans were well warned about this shyster and still there's not a peep from their fans trying to stop him from doing further damage before it's too late.

One way or the other, he's a poison for Caley and appointing McCann with his tippy tippy style to only temporarily replace a manager with a completely different style is just the latest in a career of disastrous and potentially dangerous decisions.

Eta: That reads like I'm trying to dish out a shite GIRUY. I'm not. I'm just astounded that a club still employs Gardiner!

Edited by Ludo*1

Before McCann came in we were already lacking invention and anyone capable of putting the ball in the net, and we were always prone to lose opponents and cheap goals at the back, but it does feel like there's been a further draining of confidence since he arrived. Scott Allardice, who's been our best player this season, looks like he doesn't want the ball any more; David Carson, who lifted the whole team when he came back against Ayr a few weeks ago, has been a headless chicken the last couple of games. In terms of McCann 'imposing his style' on the team, that seems to have amounted to asking two flat-footed, error-prone centre-halves to play tippy-tappy passes with a keeper who's a good shot stopper but has never looked confident with the ball at his feet, before launching it; I can't see how that inspires any of the players' confidence in themselves or in the manager.
Any team in this division watching a tape of tonight's game would feel entirely confident that they could beat us, and given that we're now sitting in ninth, have made a c**t of just about all of our games in hand, and have 1 win in 12 league games, relegation looks the most likely outcome. I'd be happier if McCann just cut his losses, accepted it hadn't worked and let the players get on with it under Barry Wilson, Ryan Esson and Charlie Christie, but I've a feeling we're going to have to put up with him and his raincoat and furrowed brow telling us that he can't do anything with the shite he's been asked to work with for several more winless weeks, as we slide towards the seaside and part-time football.        

Tippa-tappa with hoofer centre-halves is classic McCann.

Any team that played us just closed us down and either the hoofer centre-half gave the ball away or lumped it up to the opposition.

He just hasn't learned that you play to your players' strengths not trying to shoehorn them in to a style of play their ability can't cope with.

16 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Fans on CTO asking if it’s possible that we could appoint Derek McInnes next season! emoji1787.png

Back of the queue bitches. 

We obviously also won't appoint him despite the connection.

2 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

Any team in this division watching a tape of tonight's game would feel entirely confident that they could beat us, and given that we're now sitting in ninth, have made a c**t of just about all of our games in hand, and have 1 win in 12 league games, relegation looks the most likely outcome. I'd be happier if McCann just cut his losses, accepted it hadn't worked and let the players get on with it under Barry Wilson, Ryan Esson and Charlie Christie, but I've a feeling we're going to have to put up with him and his raincoat and furrowed brow telling us that he can't do anything with the shite he's been asked to work with for several more winless weeks, as we slide towards the seaside and part-time football.        

Doubt this happens. You've got nine matches left and you're literally one point away from safety in a league where no one outside of maybe Hearts seems to actually want to win matches. Anyone from 4th through 9th in the table is still in danger of the playoff, but from the little of what I've seen, you've got too much quality to ultimately finish 9th or 10th.

Just now, AmericanFan said:

Doubt this happens. You've got nine matches left and you're literally one point away from safety in a league where no one outside of maybe Hearts seems to actually want to win matches. Anyone from 4th through 9th in the table is still in danger of the playoff, but from the little of what I've seen, you've got too much quality to ultimately finish 9th or 10th.

We have Neil McCann. 

1 minute ago, AmericanFan said:

haha, truth. But in fairness, what brilliant managers is he going up against?  Neilson is likely going to win the league and 98 percent of Hearts fans think he's a gigantic moron.

Aye true, but I don’t think you have to be a particularly good manager to figure McCann - just let the centre half’s and keeper have it til one of them launches it long 

3 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

We really don’t. We probably have the worst back four in the league and a bunch of strikers who don’t score goals. It’s a recipe for disaster.

I must admit that McCann’s repeated failure as a Manager will be a huge concern to Caley fans. Whenever I see Caley they look a decent outfit and certainly good enough to be mid table at worst. McCann assisted Jeffries when the pair of them somehow managed to take FT Dunfermline to 7th place in League 1 (just stop and think about that for a minute). Thereafter he seemed to lose the plot at Dundee. It certainly highlights the point that sitting in a studio analysing matches from every conceivable angle with the benefit of hindsight is a million miles away from taking responsibility in the dugout where there is absolutely no hiding place.

2 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I must admit that McCann’s repeated failure as a Manager will be a huge concern to Caley fans. Whenever I see Caley they look a decent outfit and certainly good enough to be mid table at worst. McCann assisted Jeffries when the pair of them somehow managed to take FT Dunfermline to 7th place in League 1 (just stop and think about that for a minute). Thereafter he seemed to lose the plot at Dundee. It certainly highlights the point that sitting in a studio analysing matches from every conceivable angle with the benefit of hindsight is a million miles away from taking responsibility in the dugout where there is absolutely no hiding place.

It's no defence of McCann as he was assisrant to both of them, but worth pointing out that Jefferies resigned in December when Dunfermline were 4th and still arguably in the title race that season. It was after John Potter took over that they completely collapsed and ended up 7th.

8 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

Appreciate that you caveat this statement by saying you've not seen us much but I would be interested to hear what quality you think is in the side? |

We have a decent enough keeper, potential in defence but because of their age they are prone to making mistakes and the back ups are carthorses, an "industrial" midfield which offers little creativity for the forwards who struggle to hit the target when they do get a chance. 

We are a very toothless side that, as soon as we go a goal down (we've conceded the opening goal in 12 out of 18 matches this season) struggle badly to turn games around. We might not concede too often but our lack of goals often means a single goal is easily good enough for at least a point for the opposition.

We could pull away from the bottom but on our current form I don't see it and we are playing very badly indeed. One win in 12 says it all. There is absolutely no reason we couldn't end up being relegated in 10th place. 

Truth by told we were a shambles again last night, we cannot just blame McCann alone as he wasn't the one giving the ball away to the opposition time after time, the blame lies with the whole fuckin lot of them, it is of no use running about the park trying to look useful, square passing and aimless hoofs/lobs got us nowhere and only served to make Morton, rightfully so, far superior.

Btw those Morton players came up after a four journey on a bus and they looked the fitter and more keen.

If Keatings has signed a PCA with Raith there may be an injury clause in it with all the ramifications that brings, he needs to be dropped for the rest of the season.

Edited by SandyCromarty

14 minutes ago, RiG said:

Appreciate that you caveat this statement by saying you've not seen us much but I would be interested to hear what quality you think is in the side? |

We have a decent enough keeper, potential in defence but because of their age they are prone to making mistakes and the back ups are carthorses, an "industrial" midfield which offers little creativity for the forwards who struggle to hit the target when they do get a chance. 

We are a very toothless side that, as soon as we go a goal down (we've conceded the opening goal in 12 out of 18 matches this season) struggle badly to turn games around. We might not concede too often but our lack of goals often means a single goal is easily good enough for at least a point for the opposition.

We could pull away from the bottom but on our current form I don't see it and we are playing very badly indeed. One win in 12 says it all. There is absolutely no reason we couldn't end up being relegated in 10th place. 

Whenever I've seen ICT (which granted, isn't a ton), I've never had the reaction, "Holy crap this team is bad!"  For sure, you haven't been overly impressive, either, but I think you're decently athletic overall and there's a saying in sports over here that, "You're never as good as you think you are, and you're never as bad as you think you are."

As you've pointed out, you're ok in the back. And remember, we're talking about being good enough to finish 8th, not win the league. Look around at basically everyone below third place; Outside of maybe QoS, there isn't a single club with supporters who have the mentality, "Our club and roster is pretty good at the moment and we really like what we're doing!"

So if it's a case of not being the one team that finishes right above Alloa in the standings, I'd take my chances with your lot.