Livi v Accies

A lot of excitement here. Right Livi you know what to do here, you’ve got top 6 secured, you are unlikely to catch Aberdeen.

Therefore time to bend over for a 1 goal defeat. Diddy alliance sticks together always and forever.

plus you should want Killie to go down to get rid of one of those awful plastic pitches. I’ve never seen a good game played on one personally.

39 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

A lot of excitement here. Right Livi you know what to do here, you’ve got top 6 secured, you are unlikely to catch Aberdeen.

Therefore time to bend over for a 1 goal defeat. Diddy alliance sticks together always and forever.

plus you should want Killie to go down to get rid of one of those awful plastic pitches. I’ve never seen a good game played on one personally.

I'm sure we've done our part for Hamilton's survival in the previous two games between the sides this season....it's surely Livi's turn for the points

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'm sure we've done our part for Hamilton's survival in the previous two games between the sides this season....it's surely Livi's turn for the points

Yep. Brian Rice thanks Livingston boss David Martindale for 'tipping him off' about Hamilton hero Hakeem Odoffin - Daily Record  💪🦾

We're not over the top 6 line yet, a point a piece here would do it. We can then both get wins next weekend, us v Hibs and Accies v St Mirren.

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

We won the last game didnt we - or am I having another one of my "episodes"?

58 minutes ago, Durnford said:

We won the last game didnt we - or am I having another one of my "episodes"?

you are correct sir....I'm perhaps thinking of St Mirren...still....they could call this proper thanks for Odoffin

Not sure what to make of this one could go either way to be honest.

Hopefully Bruce has had a good rest and is back willing to run himself into the ground for us.

Any news on Sheena? I presume Moyo starts as oggy will be a few weeks out yet.

Livi are a team that are impressive but I think we can turn over on recent form.

Any news on any of the other injured players returning?

Hopefully Livi dont take this lightly.We know what Accies can do.Doesnt bare thinking about. Stakes are high for both. Guess whoever wants it the most.Regardless,to close to call givin our current form.Time to switch on again Livi and put this to bed.With all due respects to our brothers in Lanarkshire.👍🦁💛.

It would be a massive disappointment to f**k up the top 6 from where we were. I've still got half an eye on Europe, anything less than 5th would be a disappointing end.

Accies are fighting for their lives, and over the last couple of seasons then Accies have shown that they're more than capable of getting a result against us. 

I'd take a point right now.

Yep league positions count for fuckall at this time of the season, bottom teams are going into every game scrapping for points to stay up, going to be a very tough game. No excuses for us not being up for it too, we've had a full week to prepare ourselves, so need to start the game a hell of a lot better than we did against Motherwell.

Huge game for Accies. Need to start getting wins now at this point in season but Livi always a tough game. We have Bruce Anderson back which is a massive plus but concerns over Easton and if he’s fit and who comes in or he’s not. I hope we don’t drop Odoffin back into defence if he is missing.  We’ve a settled team and playing well so hope we can nick this one . . . 🤞

8 hours ago, bomberharris said:

I hope we don’t drop Odoffin back into defence if he is missing. 

He seems to be absolutely thriving in midfield

I've had a look through some of our better results and how we lined up, seems to be our downturn in form coincided with rotation/tinkering so would like to see us go back to basics (as Martindale has said himself)

Max

Devlin Efe Guthrie Serrano

Holt Sibbald

Mullin Pittman Forrest

Robbo

Think Marv has looked really leggy recently and perhaps a prolonged rest would do him a bit of good plus Holt brings more to the team and Sibbald is much better in the middle of the park than out wide. Forrest has looked bright in his last few appearances and I'd love to see us start 2 natural wingers to pin back their full backs which is how I wish we'd try to combat Rooney in the final.  Devlin hasn't been as effective going forward recently but that's perhaps down to us putting so much emphasis on Mullin who ends up marked out the game, something that 2 wingers should sort out. I've gone with Max over Robbie after another less than brilliant performance. Striker position is up for grabs tbh, I've only put Robbo in there as he's popped up with so many important goals this season but it all depends how fit he is after his injury. Tiff looked bright against Rangers but if we resort to shelling the ball up the park for 90 minutes then we'd be as well playing Fitzwater in there. Matej looked like a guy who has barely kicked a ball recently in his last appearance but we know he is better than that. Jet is another option up against a bigger, less mobile defence but he's been better coming off the bench and playing wider.

I don't think McCrorie will be dropped, up until his mistake with the pass back for the 3rd goal, he hadn't done anything of note wrong, and made a few really good saves, was prob our best player up till then (admittedly everyone else were having shockers). The pass back itself was poor too, and put him under pressure, although he still should've done better with it and just knocked it out to the side for a throw in*, better keepers than him have made the same mistake though. Hopefully it's one he'll learn from, not to repeat it.

I'd still put McCrorie well down the list of players that had a bad game against Motherwell, and i doubt we'd be dropping all those players on that performance.

Tbh in recent performances i haven't got a preference of who starts in goals, Stryjek has dropped off a bit and McCrorie looks a bit better than he was. I've been quite critical of McCrorie, but i try not to carry that on into every game he plays, letting it cloud my judgement of his performance, some of our fans jump on his every mistake, just looking for it to have a go at him, but aren't so critical of Stryjek's mistakes.

*in recent games Stryjek has played he's done the same thing, but just got away with it by the skin of his teeth.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I don't think McCrorie will be dropped, up until his mistake with the pass back for the 3rd goal, he hadn't done anything of note wrong, and made a few really good saves, was prob our best player up till then (admittedly everyone else were having shockers). The pass back itself was poor too, and put him under pressure, although he still should've done better with it and just knocked it out to the side for a throw in*, better keepers than him have made the same mistake though. Hopefully it's one he'll learn from, not to repeat it.

I'd still put McCrorie well down the list of players that had a bad game against Motherwell, and i doubt we'd be dropping all those players on that performance.

Tbh in recent performances i haven't got a preference of who starts in goals, Stryjek has dropped off a bit and McCrorie looks a bit better than he was. I've been quite critical of McCrorie, but i try not to carry that on into every game he plays, letting it cloud my judgement of his performance, some of our fans jump on his every mistake, just looking for it to have a go at him, but aren't so critical of Stryjek's mistakes.

*in recent games Stryjek has played he's done the same thing, but just got away with it by the skin of his teeth.

More than likely as one of the players is our own, and we stand to gain more from him learning and developing from mistakes rather than a Rangers goalie chucking them in until he's good enough to go sit on their bench

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

By that logic we should've kept playing Stewart last season and not given Sarkic any games.

There was a clear gulf in quality between the two though, Sarkic saved us points that Stewart wouldn't. I don't think McCrorie is doing so over Stryjek. I'd say they're fairly similar in quality as keepers

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

There was a clear gulf in quality between the two though, Sarkic saved us points that Stewart wouldn't. I don't think McCrorie is doing so over Stryjek. I'd say they're fairly similar in quality as keepers

Think Sarkic fecked up in an early game but clearly got better and better the more games he got, and was fantastic kicking the ball yep. Was hoping Stewart would come good but he gave me the fear whenever a high ball came into our box.

Stryjek started off better than McCrorie and looked far more commanding in his box, did annoy me that McCrorie was getting league games over him, but lately there was a big drop in Stryjek's form, and he was all over the place in the game before McCrorie got the jersey again. Can't blame Martindale for dropping him. I'd agree with you on having our own player over a loanee, but not at the expense of the team when his form dips.

Trying to be impartial in how both are doing right now and i think McCrorie is slightly ahead, and has surprised me by actually looking decent (until his kick from the pass back). If Stryjek gets the nod for this game then i'm happy with that, but wont be as bothered as i have been in the past if it's McCrorie.

Don't think the criticism on McCrorie just now is fair though, and i've given him some pelters myself.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Think Sarkic fecked up in an early game but clearly got better and better the more games he got, and was fantastic kicking the ball yep. Was hoping Stewart would come good but he gave me the fear whenever a high ball came into our box.

Stryjek started off better than McCrorie and looked far more commanding in his box, did annoy me that McCrorie was getting league games over him, but lately there was a big drop in Stryjek's form, and he was all over the place in the game before McCrorie got the jersey again. Can't blame Martindale for dropping him. I'd agree with you on having our own player over a loanee, but not at the expense of the team when his form dips.

Trying to be impartial in how both are doing right now and i think McCrorie is slightly ahead, and has surprised me by actually looking decent (until his kick from the pass back). If Stryjek gets the nod for this game then i'm happy with that, but wont be as bothered as i have been in the past if it's McCrorie.

Don't think the criticism on McCrorie just now is fair though, and i've given him some pelters myself.

I think McCrorie done brilliantly in the cup and almost kept the goal out, but the last few league games I don't think he's been anything special. Then again, Stryjek almost gave a penalty away against Rangers. 

I really think they're performing similarly and that's the only reason I'd have Stryjek in ahead, it benefits us more

McCrorie has been placed back in the side to get him to the Euros.
Started the cup final so if we won, he'd be a cup final winning keeper. Now he's in to help Livi to a top 6 finish etc.
Expect McCrorie to play every remaining game of the season except maybe the Scottish.

All to help a Rangers player get to the Euros.