Sarah Everard

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

The suspect had been reported to police four days earlier for exposing himself in a south London takeaway.

Wok a surprise. It runs in the family, guess he's a real chippy of the old block. Bet that didn't curry any favour with the patrons at that takeaway. Etc. etc. etc.

Anyone see the hashtag #curfewformen on twitter this afternoon?
A 6pm curfew should be done for all men apparently. 

It was raised in the House of Lords by a Green politician.
You know if you took her words and swapped ‘men’ for ‘women’ on her statement you would have the sort of misogyny that force uproar and inevitable resignations.
What happened was awful and it’s ridiculous that women cannot feel safe to walk the street at night, but painting every man as some sort of sex pest is hardly fair nor a step forward for equality......

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It was raised in the House of Lords by a Green politician.
You know if you took her words and swapped ‘men’ for ‘women’ on her statement you would have the sort of misogyny that force uproar and inevitable resignations.
What happened was awful and it’s ridiculous that women cannot feel safe to walk the street at night, but painting every man as some sort of sex pest is hardly fair nor a step forward for equality......

This is one tweet for example i just saw 

So anyone who walks their dog at night alone is a suspect. 

8 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

This is one tweet for example i just saw 

So anyone who walks their dog at night alone is a suspect. 

Even the tweet the second lunatic is responding to is mental. If I’m picking someone up from their house at night, I’ll stop outside and text/ring them and then wait in the car. She’s assuming everyone sitting in a car is “up to no good”.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Even the tweet the second lunatic is responding to is mental. If I’m picking someone up from their house at night, I’ll stop outside and text/ring them and then wait in the car. She’s assuming everyone sitting in a car is “up to no good”.

So if I’m cycling to my local supermarket at night are my upto no good?

Some of the stuff being said on twitter tonight is mental. Generally may have to come off it for a few days.

Just now, Lyle Lanley said:

So if I’m cycling to my local supermarket at night are my upto no good?

Some of the stuff being said on twitter tonight is mental. Generally may have to come off it for a few days.

Click into their profiles and 90 odd % are in London which are a different breed anyway

Ignoring all the horrendous stories women are sharing and instead trawling through Twitter to find these fringe viewpoints to be outraged over skZap6W.png&key=a170ff801246fdc19c5d9637ea0a16fb106e704f202ef360f75e923a14b8aa36

Nope. It’s what was proposed in parliament today.
The irony is that as 80% of female murders are committed at home, usually by a partner, I suspect that the number of homicides would increase if men were forced to stay home.
It feels at the moment that there is a justified case for looking at what can be done to make our streets safer for all but there’s so much reactive stuff being put out there just now we can’t see the good ideas for the bad....

It's a very unusual case for someone to be attacked and killed by a random stranger. More victims of murder are male than female and most female victims know their killer ie domestic homicides.

The press are trashing the investigation and ultimately the right to a fair trial but they always do as we as a society crave all the details. 

It's also unusual to transport a body so far people are scared of being caught with human remains. 

Going by his little turn in custody today he won't live to face any trial. 

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

The "not all men" discussion really troubles me.

There are people at either end of the scale who are complete nutters

This is the problem with these cases and social media. Attention-seeking zoomers deliberately firing out ridiculously controversial posts at both ends of the spectrum end up being the focus of attention, masking genuine attempts at debate and discussion. 

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Nope. It’s what was proposed in parliament today.
The irony is that as 80% of female murders are committed at home, usually by a partner, I suspect that the number of homicides would increase if men were forced to stay home.
It feels at the moment that there is a justified case for looking at what can be done to make our streets safer for all but there’s so much reactive stuff being put out there just now we can’t see the good ideas for the bad....

You're exaggerating somewhat. A Green Party Peer half suggested she might propose to add to a suitable bill in future. I think it's more than fair to describe that as a fringe viewpoint. 

This is the problem with these cases and social media. Attention-seeking zoomers deliberately firing out ridiculously controversial posts at both ends of the spectrum end up being the focus of attention, masking genuine attempts at debate and discussion. 

So your idea of debate and discussion is to suppress the views of those you don’t agree with? Irrespective of how futile.
The point I was making was that this was not just some twitter nut but a genuine politician raising a ridiculous suggestion in the House of Lords.
If the idea of sensible debate includes suggesting that men cross the road to make women feel safer, the last time we saw that sort of separatist view was in the fifties in the US....

You're exaggerating somewhat. A Green Party Peer half suggested she might propose to add to a suitable bill in future. I think it's more than fair to describe that as a fringe viewpoint. 

She debated it in the House of Lords ffs.
And it went straight into the mainstream media as a result...

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

If the idea of sensible debate includes suggesting that men cross the road to make women feel safer, the last time we saw that sort of separatist view was in the fifties in the US....

Fucking hell  😂

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

She debated it in the House of Lords ffs.
And it went straight into the mainstream media as a result...

You're simply looking for things to get angry and offended about. Which is ironic because you seem to be the sort of angry wee guy who probably says "snowflake" a lot. 

Guest TheJTS98
7 hours ago, Fratelli said:

Lassie in my year started going out with one of our teachers pretty much the minute we left school. He was a relatively young teacher, probably early 30s at the time but there was always chat they'd started seeing each other whilst she was still in 6th year.  I only left school 7/8 years ago but can still remember dodgy comments from some older teachers towards lassies which would likely get them punted today. 

A bit different, but my ex is a primary teacher. And in her first year as a teacher she got landed with taking the P7 kids for their high school visit.

At this high school visit she met her old S4 English teacher. At that point he'd been a new hire young teacher and she'd been an S4. Now she was in her early twenties and he would have been around 30ish. She noticed on the second day of the visit that he was clearly trying to fire into her.

Nothing illegal, but it left her feeling a bit weird. A guy who had been her teacher as a teenager in her words 'quite clearly getting stuck in'.

Strange ethical area, I suppose. They were both adults doing jobs in a grown-up workplace.

Edited by TheJTS98