Dundee United = Nigerian Idiot

Can confirm that this is very much genuine and a term that has been used widely in the Lagos area as I was able to test out how accurate this info was after seeing another newspaper story about it. Asking somebody from Nigeria whether she realised that she was looking very Dundee United that day because she was wearing tangerine and black led to lots of laughter from other Nigerians present and questions about how I knew about that expression.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Not Nigerian but I once tried to have a conversation with a Greek lad who's only two phrases in English were "Craig Brewster" and "Dundee United". His mate was far more fluent in English, which is good as my Greek is non existent, and it turns out they were all Ionikis supporters.

So for every negative Nigerian there is a positive Greek.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

So for every negative Nigerian there is a positive Greek.

This is statistically unlikely, as the population of Nigeria is 201 million and the population of Greece is 10.72 million.

Please do more research in the future.

Thanks

G51

1 hour ago, G51 said:

This is statistically unlikely, as the population of Nigeria is 201 million and the population of Greece is 10.72 million.

Please do more research in the future.

Thanks

G51

Given how many titles you think your team has won I don’t think you should be lecturing anyone on arithmetic.

There was a poster on here who made outlandish predictions about Covid deaths in Scotland and was ridiculed for getting the numbers wrong!

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Given how many titles you think your team has won I don’t think you should be lecturing anyone on arithmetic.

There was a poster on here who made outlandish predictions about Covid deaths in Scotland and was ridiculed for getting the numbers wrong!

You're such a Dundee United. 

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He's obviously lent his calculator to G51