Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

1 hour ago, approximately dave said:

It didn't last though and it was during the fledgling years of organised Association Football in Scotland so not an example now even though its interesting.

Rangers and Rangers B are not two different clubs, they are two teams from the same club. This makes it a bit tricky for setting up a league outside the SFA for B teams. If a league is set up outside the SFA the clubs competing in that league will not be elligable for SFA competitions as they would forfeit their membership and licences. If they change their minds they would have to rejoin at the bottom of the pyramid. Not worth it in any direction especially long term financial stability.

I wasn't thinking in terms of Sevco forming a league outside the SPFL. It would be the other non b teams. If someone with money came along (not that this is at all likely), then most of the league teams in Scotland could move to a new league set up. In fact, why don't they all do it and ditch the bigot bros, then apply to UEFA to replace the SPFL/SFA? Ditch the bigots.

The Central Football League was just an example of where it has been done before, on three occasions.

2 minutes ago, PELE said:

I wasn't thinking in terms of Sevco forming a league outside the SPFL. It would be the other non b teams. If someone with money came along (not that this is at all likely), then most of the league teams in Scotland could move to a new league set up. In fact, why don't they all do it and ditch the bigot bros, then apply to UEFA to replace the SPFL/SFA? Ditch the bigots.

The Central Football League was just an example of where it has been done before, on three occasions.

I may be wrong here, but was the central league not associated with the SFA?

27 minutes ago, stanley said:

Off topic but any ideas if there will be another vote on opening up relegation from the Lowland League any time soon? Just as important as the B teams and another previously messed up vote.

Seriously doubt it. Just found 10 teams desperate to avoid relegation beneath a fictional Conference .

They're also too busy counting their 💰

27 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Seriously doubt it. Just found 10 teams desperate to avoid relegation beneath a fictional Conference .

They're also too busy counting their 💰

As I said before, if this new league goes ahead, and that’s still a big if, then the only slight chink of light is that 3 or 4 teams from tier 6 would get into the LL once the others bugger off to the promised land.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

Just now, Pyramid Watcher said:

As I said before, if this new league goes ahead, and that’s still a big if, then the only slight chunk of light is that 3 or 4 teams from tier 6 would get into the LL once the others bugger off to the promised land.

That does sound amazing. 3 or 4 Tier 6 teams get to stay Tier 6 teams.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, PELE said:

The clubs in the SPFL are the SPFL, why would they ditch themselves?

7 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

It’s better than what they have at the moment 

It's really not.

Auchinleck Talbot
Darvel
Linlithgow Rose
Sauchie Juniors
Berwick Rangers
Civil Service Strollers
Bo'ness United
Broomhill
Caledonian Braves
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Cumbernauld Colts
Cowdenbeath
East Stirlingshire
Gretna 2008
Edinburgh University
Dalbeattie Star

All for the privilege of playing in the Conference League!

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Good man for coming back on.

This forum does not belong to anyone it's for all of us to use.

Okay you say you've waited a long time for this, can I ask for what precisely.

Await your responses.

5 hours ago, Burnieman said:

The troll is now going through all my old posts red dotting them.  Give it up you weird little specimen.

This is not the only result I’ve waited a long time for the second part shall be revealed by the end of next month. Happy to wait until such time as it becomes transparent. 

After all,  I’ve waited over 5 hours so far on the liar above responding to my request for proof of his childish accusation. 

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's really not.

Auchinleck Talbot
Darvel
Linlithgow Rose
Sauchie Juniors
Berwick Rangers
Civil Service Strollers
Bo'ness United
Broomhill
Caledonian Braves
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Cumbernauld Colts
Cowdenbeath
East Stirlingshire
Gretna 2008
Edinburgh University
Dalbeattie Star

All for the privilege of playing in the Conference League!

In terms of tier it is.

3 hours ago, CambieBud said:

It certainly is not 99% certain. I would suggest it is 99% NOT going to be allowed. Rightly so. 
The pyramid should have been an opportunity for all clubs to find their level. Some have overcome the obstacles and climbed, while others have slipped into the HL and LL. That’s what it was designed to achieve.

Maxwell and his old firm paymasters can threaten all they like, but B Teams being allowed into League 2 and League 1? That is in no one’s interests.

When Rangers died, Doncaster claimed it would be Armageddon if the new club Sevco were not allowed to go straight into The Championship. Fortunately enough club chairmen ignored the veiled threats and refused them. The same will happen to any proposal regarding B Teams. 
Give me ONE coherent reason for this idea that benefits anyone other than Rangers/Celtic?

Sevco wouldn't have died if the Murrell's gave us the 600k instead of spending it on a campervan 

8 hours ago, GreenGreenGrass said:

This is not the only result I’ve waited a long time for the second part shall be revealed by the end of next month. Happy to wait until such time as it becomes transparent. 

After all,  I’ve waited over 5 hours so far on the liar above responding to my request for proof of his childish accusation. 

I don't play games mate, if you are not willing or able to converse like an adult, I will say my goodbyes to you.

7 hours ago, edinabear said:

Sevco wouldn't have died if the Murrell's gave us the 600k instead of spending it on a campervan 

Anywhere else but here for this. Please keep topics to non league and attacking the b teams thank you. 😊😊

10 hours ago, approximately dave said:

The clubs in the SPFL are the SPFL, why would they ditch themselves?

Not ditch themselves. Ditch the bigots.

A campaign should be started to form a new league set-up which excludes the bigot bros. The game in Scotland has suffered for too long for the benefit of the bigot bros.