Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

11 hours ago, GreenGreenGrass said:

This is not the only result I’ve waited a long time for the second part shall be revealed by the end of next month. Happy to wait until such time as it becomes transparent. 

After all,  I’ve waited over 5 hours so far on the liar above responding to my request for proof of his childish accusation. 

This guy is a troll dating way back on this forum, and has had numerous different ID's. The mods would ban and he would re-register, he didn't like the fact that clubs were moving from Junior to Senior football for whatever reason. I believe he used to do the same on the Fife Football Forum.

As you have seen from his replies, he posts pish without any substance, just to derail the thread and make it about him.

I'd suggest ignoring and reporting him, and let the mods deal with it.

10 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Will we see Aberdeen B in the highland league as a guest club next season?

No reason in rulebook terms why they can't wind up in the LL. There is no fixed geographical boundary and adding them would round things off at 20 clubs. The angle I find interesting was the snippet in the Evening News that some LL clubs were concerned that WoS and EoS clubs were going to be invited to make up the numbers in the "conference" instead of them. Sounds like that was a threat made to them by the SFA.

The OF and Hearts maybe want to dictate who gets to be in tier 5 so they have the strongest possible opposition for their B teams by having clubs like Darvel, Auchinleck Talbot, and Clydebank around rather than Edinburgh Uni, Gretna, etc. Still don't see how they could legally get around the Club 42 playoff agreement though, so it was probably just a case of Maxwell and Petrie knowing which buttons to push by threatening a solution imposed from above to address the LL pro/rel logjam.

15 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Lowland and highland league clubs should step up right now.

Call there bluff and refuse to enter the 4 b team conference joke.

No one can make clubs join it surely.

All the clubs below league two should unite and form an awesome association.

As has been said before, the LL and HL do hold some power in all of this.  The 4-way play-off agreement (SPFL, SFA, LL and HL) is a legal document I believe and all four parties need to be in agreement for any amendments to be signed off.  This would clearly require amending should this proposed Conference happen.

Now, perhaps the SFA think they can just ignore this and go ahead anyway, but then there would be no agreement on pro/rel between the tier 5 Conference and the tier 6 LL and HL.  It would be a mess.

So what happens next? even if the SFA go ahead and invite clubs in to supplement the B teams (and there will be clubs who welcome it), there will still be no agreement between tier 5 and 6.

This proposed Conference is far from being a done deal as far as I can see.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

As has been said before, the LL and HL do hold some power in all of this.  The 4-way play-off agreement (SPFL, SFA, LL and HL) is a legal document I believe and all four parties need to be in agreement for any amendments to be signed off.  This would clearly require amending should this proposed Conference happen.

Now, perhaps the SFA think they can just ignore this and go ahead anyway, but then there would be no agreement on pro/rel between the tier 5 Conference and the tier 6 LL and HL.  It would be a mess.

So what happens next? even if the SFA go ahead and invite clubs in to supplement the B teams (and there will be clubs who welcome it), there will still be no agreement between tier 5 and 6.

This proposed Conference is far from being a done deal as far as I can see.

The vote was simply to admit B teams - all that other stuff then will be gone into so there is more time to consider matters and how to play it rather than going headlong into conflict mode 

3 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

The vote was simply to admit B teams - all that other stuff then will be gone into so there is more time to consider matters and how to play it rather than going headlong into conflict mode 

Until there is a clear plan on the table for how a Conference would actually work then there is nothing to oppose, however clubs already know the bones of it, enough to form an initial opinion. 

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Sorry Cowboy, surely you must know the powers that be will employ any underhand method to get their way. It won't be a discussion about any reconstruction; it will be by billying, division, coercion, and if need be bribery.

They got their fingers burned when the LL and EOS blocked tayside clubs joining below the Maginot Line. So they now bring a gun to a knife-fight.

3 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Sorry Cowboy, surely you must know the powers that be will employ any underhand method to get their way. It won't be a discussion about any reconstruction; it will be by billying, division, coercion, and if need be bribery.

They got their fingers burned when the LL and EOS blocked tayside clubs joining below the Maginot Line. So they now bring a gun to a knife-fight.

Correct, and Maxwell and Doncaster are now sitting back with the popcorn watching Clubs fans tearing lumps out each other. Job done 

15 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Will we see Aberdeen B in the highland league as a guest club next season?

Aberdeen have reservations about B teams. Heard they don’t see the point as end up signing a group of players who will never be good enough. Happy to loan out players they keep signed.

Based on this season, I think they have the correct attitude if true, as let’s be honest about 99 percent of the players in the 3 B teams have zero chance of making it into the first team. 

Edited by 1GregStewart

6 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Never seem to hear much about Hibs wanting to join the LL shitshow, they won the development/reserve the other day and seem to have a good crop of young players without having to test them against the might of Lowland League superstars

Steve Kean took over and certainly seemed happy enough with the 'B team' approach that had become popular pre-COVID.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-swerved-lowland-league-club-27327507

Was talking to a guy I vaguely know this morning who always seems pretty clued up on a shop floor level (think he is ex Junior, son plays in LL) and he brought up the Conference and was of the conviction that it would be coming in, but just in 24/25 rather than 23/24, anyone any info about that eventuality? 

37 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Never seem to hear much about Hibs wanting to join the LL shitshow, they won the development/reserve the other day and seem to have a good crop of young players without having to test them against the might of Lowland League superstars

Hibs had a strong squad of mostly 2004s and won the U18 league with something to spare last season, qualifying for the UEFA Youth League in the process.  Their intention was to keep the squad together as a "development" team and play a series of friendlies against EPL and other academies in preparation for their UEFA Youth exploits.  That programme of friendlies didn't materialise, so Hibs were left to play in a curtailed second tier reserve league, which they won.  They did reasonably well in Europe, beating Molde and Nantes, before going out to Dortmund.

I don't know how many "development" players have made first team appearances though, although I'm sure that a few have made the bench.

23 minutes ago, BuddyZero said:

Was talking to a guy I vaguely know this morning who always seems pretty clued up on a shop floor level (think he is ex Junior, son plays in LL) and he brought up the Conference and was of the conviction that it would be coming in, but just in 24/25 rather than 23/24, anyone any info about that eventuality? 

Well that’s exactly what is being banded about, and one of the reasons Cowdenbeath voted as they did. 

If the B teams were not allowed into the LL in 23/24 they would have fast tracked the conference to start 23/24.

Believe that if you will, not my opinion, blah blah blah.

Its a sad and damning indictment of Scottish Football that, rather than work together to make our product as good as it can be, clubs are bullied and threatened into voting for something that has little impact on 90% of Scottish football. What is even more shameful, the men that are employed to make it better are the ones leading the bullying. The only way the B teams will ever work (if ever) is if they can be promoted and find their level but they should only be allowed to play eligible players for Scotland as signing talent from elsewhere is not benefit to our game at large. They also should have to nominate their squads at the start of the season so as to avoid the mismatches we have seen. 

Sad is it is for us all they are here to stay by the looks of it. 

21 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Its a sad and damning indictment of Scottish Football that, rather than work together to make our product as good as it can be, clubs are bullied and threatened into voting for something that has little impact on 90% of Scottish football. What is even more shameful, the men that are employed to make it better are the ones leading the bullying. The only way the B teams will ever work (if ever) is if they can be promoted and find their level but they should only be allowed to play eligible players for Scotland as signing talent from elsewhere is not benefit to our game at large. They also should have to nominate their squads at the start of the season so as to avoid the mismatches we have seen. 

And they should start at the bottom of the pyramid. The rangers way.

39 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

They do have to nominate squads Celtic listed 42 players!

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Not according to some on here. Apparently they can just bullshit clubs into believing they will enforce a new league on them and said clubs will crumble and let them do whatever they want. 

Out of the 10, only the Cowdenbeath contingent believe it's for the best... Trusting a board who having taken them from the Championship to 4 places above the East of Scotland League 

Put this on coo thread earlier as getting fed up with the sniping. Worthwhile putting it on here. Time for fans of LL clubs to talk to their committees.

Yes I know I said I wouldn't post again but hear me out.

Guys think it's time to move on from castigating the coos fans on here. The vote is done

The 'battleground' has moved on. The SFA have shown their hand now; they are prepared to play as dirty as they need to.

Question do the Lowland teams not meet up or communicate with one another, there has been no reports of Lowland Teams meeting together to discuss this 'threat' from the SFA when it was first mooted. Very poor leadership at the least and a head in the sand moment from all clubs.

Something one of the Coos fans said was their decision gave everyone a bit of time to formulate a plan.

Well a message to Lowland and Highland Clubs the time has arrived to work together to ensure the same 'mugging' does not repeat itself next year.

At the moment there is a note of sniggering from the Highland. If this conference abomination comes to pass it will effect you too. 

Yes the Lowland has made mistakes but that has to be put aside and you must from now on work as one to maintain some integrity in our pyramid.

The sniping must stop, leadership is required from someone within these 2 leagues. It's time for the Lowland to grow up and stop acting like a petulant toddler.

With the growth of the East and West pyramids you have a responsibility, like all parents, to make decisions for the benefit and wellbeing of all. 

You are no longer an island.

Feel like I'm back in my union days.

God I miss those, do enjoy a good argument. 

Edited by HorseyGhirl