Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

In what way did I take it as gospel?
I originally said that I considered his take on it more feasible, and then came to a neutral opinion when I heard an argument to the contrary.
At no point did I question the integrity of either The Kincmeister or Dink anyway, but merely fluctuated as to what argument found more compelling.
In short.. you are off your rocker.
No need to be abusive, here was me thinking we could be friendly. Apparently not [emoji26]

10 minutes ago, magic sign said:
53 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:
The facts have decided for me.

Are continuing to claim that someone entering a country without the correct documents, in order to claim asylum is an illegal immigrant?

I never said anything about documents.

I'm saying that the 'hostile environment policy' applies to illegal immigrants.

9 minutes ago, jakedee said:
15 minutes ago, magic sign said:
Are continuing to claim that someone entering a country without the correct documents, in order to claim asylum is an illegal immigrant?

Them's the "facts"

I'm afraid you are incorrect, and not for the first time.

I never said anything about documents.
I'm saying that the 'hostile environment policy' applies to illegal immigrants.
It applies to all immigrants entering the country without the proper documentation, as highlighted by my post above (quoting the then home secretary Theresa May).
So not only "illegals".
So again, what you are saying is incorrect.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Couldnt get my front door open this morning for refugees.

1 hour ago, Scott Steiner said:

Do you live in Nicola Sturgeon's house?

I don't think Melanius is the Frech Ambassador, or a lesbian (if you believe the rumours about the FM's secret house in Dunblane or Bridge of Allan)

45 minutes ago, jakedee said:

It applies to all immigrants entering the country without the proper documentation, as highlighted by my post above (quoting the then home secretary Theresa May).
So not only "illegals".
So again, what you are saying is incorrect.

Theresa May's quotes relate specifically to illegal immigration and illegal immigrants.

8 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

Nope.

You constantly come out with assertions yet when challenged to provide evidence or examples to frame your point of view, you don't. 

I challenge you, then "I'm playing the man". 😄

Can you come up with an example of this happening?

Methinks not, because I'm always able to back up what I say.  I've never accused you of playing the man merely for challenging me.

Edited by Scott Steiner

Theresa May's quotes relate specifically to illegal immigration and illegal immigrants.
Ok, how do you differentiate between an "illegal" and a refugee if neither have any documents?
Is it before or after the "hostile environment" is applied?

4 hours ago, Scott Steiner said:

Why on earth would you believe me to be on the side of the racists?

Because when Sean Clerkin's views were discussed, you were only interested in discussing his anti-English racism, and refused to discuss the racism that Clerkin displayed regarding other groups. That's pretty racist in itself.

You also repeatedly failed to answer questions regarding whether you supported Clerkin's anti-immigration,  anti-Muslim and anti-Eastern European views 

11 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Ok, how do you differentiate between an "illegal" and a refugee if neither have any documents?
Is it before or after the "hostile environment" is applied?

It's not up to me to make the differentiation Jake.  I think that's a false dichotomy too.  A refugee could still be an illegal, depending on how you define 'refugee'.

At the end of the day, Mrs May was referring specifically to illegals.

Just now, lichtgilphead said:

Because when Sean Clerkin's views were discussed, you were only interested in discussing his anti-English racism, and refused to discuss the racism that Clerkin displayed regarding other groups. That's pretty racist in itself.

You also repeatedly failed to answer questions regarding whether you supported Clerkin's anti-immigration,  anti-Muslim and anti-Eastern European views 

I most certainly did not refuse to discuss any other displays of racism Clerkin may or may not have taken part in.

I don't recall the questions you speak of.  If you want to show me a specific anti-immigration, anti-Muslim or anti-Eastern European view of Clerkin and ask me questions about it then go ahead.

I'll answer.

4 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

I most certainly did not refuse to discuss any other displays of racism Clerkin may or may not have taken part in.

I don't recall the questions you speak of.  If you want to show me a specific anti-immigration, anti-Muslim or anti-Eastern European view of Clerkin and ask me questions about it then go ahead.

I'll answer.

OK, a question. What do you, Scott Steiner, consider to be an illegal immigrant.

It's not up to me to make the differentiation Jake.  I think that's a false dichotomy too.  A refugee could still be an illegal, depending on how you define 'refugee'.
At the end of the day, Mrs May was referring specifically to illegals.

Nope, she was referring to all immigrants without documentation.
How do you define refugee?

34 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

Can you come up with an example of this happening?

Methinks not, because I'm always able to back up what I say.  I've never accused you of playing the man merely for challenging me.

That's easy enough. 

Check out page 14 of the "seven years on" thread for a detailed and comprehensive example of not answering, bluster and not providing evidence to back up your assertions.

Page 17 of the same thread sees you say:

"Glad I'm not the only one that's noticed Speckled Orange's tendency to play the man."

HTH.

Enjoy your night.