Maroon is a lovely colour isn't it! (Arbroath vs Hearts)

First post on here, use to post in Arbroath mad but that seems defunct.

That commentary team having a go at the fans for moaning about the coverage. Absolutely embarrassing. Go f**k your self Ewan and “Fermer”

Keen to hear more of this.

52 minutes ago, keptie said:

Hearts player with gloves onemoji23.png.. it's tropical here today.And its not Craig Gordon.

Using the Gaston thermometer it can't be classed as anywhere near cold unless he's wearing long sleeves.

A great point for the boys, everyone putting in a brilliant shift. Stopping Hearts from scoring hasn't happened much this season, so should take some positives from that following the QOS debacle.

A fair result for both teams - perhaps Arbroath maybe edged it a little, but think a draw as fair to both teams.

Arbroath were well up for the match and every player involved put on a great shift - Little, Hamilton, O'Brien, Linn, Hilson, Williamson are just a few of the players who put in a great shift.

6 games left and all to play for.

1 hour ago, farflung lichtie said:

Don’t wish to be critical but more actual commentary on what’s happening in the game and considerably less chat would be greatly appreciated. Can’t say I’m that interested in general club news, hopes, frequent praise for halftime draws etc. It’s a difficult job and a fair effort and tone ... but I’m slightly more interested in the immediate action on the field, the players, any tactical observations. Thanks

Been saying this for a while now. They seem to forget all about the game at times and start bleathering random shite.

Fermers patter and voice/accent makes me cringe.  What makes it worse is that he now thinks he is some sort of celebrity.

We are woeful yet we extend our lead at the top, bizarre. 

I’ve seen hearts about 5 or 6 times this season and they’ve been really poor despite a far superior squad but you’re obviously going to stroll this league regardless.

Stream first half garbage do to external hacks, stream second half superb do to external hacks being blocked, commentary superb bearing in mind where we have come from, never thought I’d say this some Arbroath supporters on this thread are zoomers, fukk you thinking about, were a part time team doing very good in a full time league, the set up at Gayfield is superb, players like Bobby linn saying I’d wished I’d signed earlier, so sup your tennents tonight and come back tomorrow and support the progression of this football club.

Stream first half garbage do to external hacks, stream second half superb do to external hacks being blocked, commentary superb bearing in mind where we have come from, never thought I’d say this some Arbroath supporters on this thread are zoomers, fukk you thinking about, were a part time team doing very good in a full time league, the set up at Gayfield is superb, players like Bobby linn saying I’d wished I’d signed earlier, so sup your tennents tonight and come back tomorrow and support the progression of this football club.

What have fellow Arbroath fans said to make them zoomers?

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

What have fellow Arbroath fans said to make them zoomers?

Apologies, bit strong there but, cmon ffs were part time, the snide remarks about the quality of the stream or performance of the co-commentators, end of the day everyone is pulling in the right direction, and a superb point today, mon the Lichties.

18 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

I’ve seen hearts about 5 or 6 times this season and they’ve been really poor despite a far superior squad but you’re obviously going to stroll this league regardless.

I don’t think any Hearts fans would honestly disagree with any of that. Arbroath have impressed me all things considered - I’m pretty sure you’ll still be a championship club next season. You look up for a fight. 👍

Only really got to see the second half due to the terrible stream, but from what I did see Arbroath played well. They never had many chances and were hanging on once or twice but emerged with what may be a precious point.  However it was another home game ruined by the two ‘commentators’. I appreciate they are amateurs and have no training or experience , but they are shockingly bad. Their poor commentary has been mentioned on national TV but I’m assuming they’ll not give up now as they wouldn’t get into future games. Have to decide whether to listen to the TV on mute or with the volume on to try and get some of the atmosphere but that’s when you’re forced to listen to the inane crap that they spout. Did anyone understand what the reason for the poor stream was?  They tried to read out a club statement with an explanation but they messed that up too. Highlight quote of the day was Fermer telling a player “to pay attention to what was happening on the pitch”.  Could only wish they did the same.