Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Independence is an economic issue. I want the fk away from these crazy b*****ds before they drag our economy any further down the toilet, and I want the opportunity to do something about poverty other than mitigate the shitshow we have now.

But you want to let the BoE control our economy via Wilson's Sterlinglisation which makes you a numpty.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Would an independent Scotland not still have a parliament.

Yes, but the political landscape would be different.  The debate would no longer be about how many MSPs in favour of independence Scotland elects.  

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

But you want to let the BoE control our economy via Wilson's Sterlinglisation which makes you a numpty.

I do? Huh, interesting. Thanks for letting me know my opinion on currency.

Feel like she should be DFM for the next Parly

You wonder how long Sturgeon will want to go on with it tbf. 21 years in parliament, 7 years as DFM and 7 years (and counting) as FM is hard enough, but the pandemic will have really taken a lot out of her. I can see Sturgeon staying as FM to fight a referendum and then win or lose, she moves on and let’s someone else have a go. Forbes could be the first leader of iScotland.

9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Technically Alba will have one Westminster representative in the next few years unless Boris shits the bed or we become independent as Kenny Macaskill won East Lothian for the SNP at the last GE and then defected

Yes, but I don't see one solitary, essentially independent, westminster MP as being all that relevant when the party stated their entire raison d'etre was to assist the pro-Indi numbers at Holyrood.

They've stood in one election, and by the looks of it they've failed to make any impact whatsoever. If they had something to cling to I could maybe see that being the catalyst for something to grow, but it looks to me very much like it's dead in the water already. The main show regarding Scotland and Indi is always going to be Holyrood. Something the SNP have long realised, while the UK parties still appear to believe it's a sideshow. If you can't make a dent in Scotland on a pro-Indi ticket, then I don't see what the purpose of having a westminster MP actually is. The SNP have (what 46? 47?) and I don't think that makes the blindest bit of difference to anything in reality, especially when the official opposition is weak and spineless and won't vote against the Tory government in any case.

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Alex Cole-Hamilton's seat declaring soon.

Please be scenes, please be scenes, please be scenes

Nah, it'll be an increased majority as unionist melts set aside any sense of integrity to return a donkey in a unionist rosette.

Just in, and trying to catch up on this thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned.
Radio interview with Ruth Davidson. I have taken a back seat in this election, and left it to the incredible team, who have done a fantastic job.

Has she a twin who was on tv almost every night and on every Tory leaflet that came in my door?

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

You wonder how long Sturgeon will want to go on with it tbf. 21 years in parliament, 7 years as DFM and 7 years (and counting) as FM is hard enough, but the pandemic will have really taken a lot out of her. I can see Sturgeon staying as FM to fight a referendum and then win or lose, she moves on and let’s someone else have a go. Forbes could be the first leader of iScotland.

Sturgeon needs a good, long holiday. She won't get it though. None of us can imagine what it's like to be in her position. If any of us tried we'd be curled up in a ball by lunchtime.