Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

2 hours ago, yoda said:

#BothVotesGreen for this mung bean chomping hippie.

99% sure I'm going to be the same.  Fergus Ewing is far too socially conservative for my liking and will win at a canter anyway.  Ewing opposes assisted suicide and voted against gay marriage.  I held my nose and voted for him last time as there were only four candidates - I won't be doing that this time.

Edited by Highland Capital

2 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

I could never bring myself to even entertain the notion of someone who voted against gay marriage.

The funny thing with Ewing is he does (and almost certainly will) win at a canter despite him being pretty unpopular as a person locally and always said to be a very poor local MSP.  I've had people try and defend his candidacy and conservative views by saying that the party is a broad church - well in this case it's too broad.  I know as well that there's some in the party that don't rate him, but it seems no-one has the guts to stand against him in the hustings.  The fact others in the party treat him as if he's one of the Kennedys doesn't help matters either.

Some people will vote for him because they want indyref2 and just discount his record and views but I won't.  There's a much better pro-independence candidate on the ballot.

Inverness and Nairn is an interesting one and it goes without saying that to both maximize seats and share of the popular vote it isn't so obvious.

If we are to deliver the director the bargain that makes a referendum an inevitability, of course the only grown up action is to put an x against snp on the first vote.

The list vote is where I'm undecided and without any local polling, I don't whether to favour snp, green or Andy Wightman.

Oh and by the way, I had cause to contact Fergus recently and he was very prompt in coming back to me so I guess anecdotal evidence comes in all shapes and sizes.

37 minutes ago, yoda said:

No, I don't think I will be a grown-up.

l much prefer self-righteously lording it over the "progressives" who are happy to vote for an old dinosaurgreggy.png

It's funny.  People will vote for Ewing because he's pro-independence despite his views being almost identical to those people want independence for to get away from.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

It's funny.  People will vote for Ewing because he's pro-independence despite his views being almost identical to those people want independence for to get away from.

Ewing is for Christmas, self determination is for ever.

People are able to grasp this.

Moreover, I do wonder if it is the case that in this time of one big question whether Fergus can help those (not natural Wolfies) that are needed to find the correct answer.

4 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Robertson will win Edinburgh Central handily imo.

You'd think so as he is a big hitter but I can only see him sneaking through.  There's four pro-independence candidate running there - one of whom being a strong Green candidate.  There's the leader of the Libertarians too but he'll get a couple hundred at most.  And then there's Bonnie Prince Bob!

10 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

We'll never know because by it's nature the existence of internal polling is unverifiable but I'd be extremely surprised if any of the parties are even doing any. These rumours always coincidentally agree with the political biases of the people spreading them, who are usually cranks in their own right. Robertson will win Edinburgh Central handily imo.

Indeed and in this case it is a Lib Dem voter.

4 hours ago, sophia said:

If we are to deliver the director the bargain that makes a referendum an inevitability, of course the only grown up action is to put an x against snp on the first vote.

Oh and by the way, I had cause to contact Fergus recently and he was very prompt in coming back to me so I guess anecdotal evidence comes in all shapes and sizes.

Please do go on telling LGBT people they are being immature for not voting for the homophobic guy. 

3 hours ago, Pato said:

One of the rubbish things about building a broad church is you sort of need the Ewings to get enough rural votes to see things through before you can begin going all Robespierre.

The former cancels out the latter from happening.

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Please do go on telling LGBT people they are being immature for not voting for the homophobic guy. 

The former cancels out the latter from happening.

When you are more mature you'll cotton on to the fact that folks like Florence Johnson have every sympathy for you.

6 minutes ago, sophia said:

When you are more mature you'll cotton on to the fact that folks like Florence Johnson have every sympathy for you.

Please elaborate on why it's 'maturity' for LGBT people or people that just aren't bigots to support homophobes.