Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

Went to vote a bit after 2pm was pretty steady at my local polling station as far as people coming and going.

Its SNP votes for me.

Met 3 people from our street walking home on their way to vote and I know that's more SNP votes from them 😍😊.

I'm hoping the SNP supporters in Prestwick are the ones in the leafy areas as the queue has been enormous for 5 hours now, maybe the poorer YES polls are the accurate ones. 

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'm hoping the SNP supporters in Prestwick are the ones in the leafy areas as the queue has been enormous for 5 hours now, maybe the poorer YES polls are the accurate ones. 

Oh dear all the rich Tory voters from leafy Prestwick suburbs turning out in numbers it is.

Managed to convince my missus to vote for the first time. Two SNP + Greens to add to the Dundee East list.

Asked one of the people dealing with the queues and they said they'd only done a couple of elections in the past, but it's been much more busy than them. Didn't think to ask what others they'd presided over.

Just now, CaspianChris said:

Oh dear all the rich Tory voters from leafy Prestwick suburbs turning out in numbers it is.

South Cunninghame in Irvine apparently a high turnout as well, hopefully the SNP's distancing themselves from indyref2 isn't going to see YES getting fucked over. 

Just back.

+2 for SNP/Green. Still quite busy...the list ballot box seems to be getting a bit on the full side given the sheer size of the ballot paper, with the teller wifie having to ram a ruler into the slot every few votes to allow more papers in.

Canvassing at this time of night consisted solely of a depressed-looking Labour rep who looked so defeated he wasn't even offering leaflets anymore and a OFTW-looking dude representing one of the nutty fringe parties...Scottish Family Party or some shit like that.

6 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It was 42% in Doonfoot just before 6pm when I voted after waiting in a very small queue. SNP both on votes for me. I hate being represented by a Tory so fingers crossed John Scott gets his jotters.

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

South Cunninghame in Irvine apparently a high turnout as well, hopefully the SNP's distancing themselves from indyref2 isn't going to see YES getting fucked over. 

I guess that is a strong Tory area.

Thankfully I know my constituency unless there is some sort of very weird result is a very safe SNP hold.

4 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Thankfully I know my constituency unless there is some sort of very weird result is a very safe SNP hold.

No, it's Cunnighame South which is not a Tory area.

Felt really cool voting for some someone else for the first time. 

SNP/Green

Normally would be a both votes guy. 

Edited by itzdrk

10 minutes ago, Saltire said:

It was 42% in Doonfoot just before 6pm when I voted after waiting in a very small queue. SNP both on votes for me. I hate being represented by a Tory so fingers crossed John Scott gets his jotters.

There's far worse than John Scott Mark, can't say I'm feeling as confident as I did. 

11 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Don't know where South Cunninghame covers, which football team you support can come into play down here as well.