Midlands League

Marten

On 16/07/2021 at 08:01, Jute said:

Going to be in Dundee this weekend so will be heading along to one of the midland league games. Any of the teams issue a programme?

Wouldn't have thought that you'll get a programme at any of the games today.  Maybe Lochee Utd do one for league games.  We would maybe do one for big cup games but certainly not today. Have you chosen your game yet? It's a beautiful day today in Dundee for going to watch a game.

9 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Wouldn't have thought that you'll get a programme at any of the games today.  Maybe Lochee Utd do one for league games.  We would maybe do one for big cup games but certainly not today. Have you chosen your game yet? It's a beautiful day today in Dundee for going to watch a game.

Lochee don't do programmes for league games. Possibly Carnoustie?

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I see Lochee Utd have brought Ewan Murray in on loan from us. Looking forward to hearing how he gets on, as he's clearly one our Academy has high hopes for. We got special dispensation to let him play in friendlies for us in last season's pre-season as a 15 year old, and he scored against Peterhead in one game. Trialled with Kelty before yourselves, clearly has the talent but lacking on the build just now, given he's just 16. Hopefully should handle himself well with the Chee.

He played very well in the two friendlies. It'll be interesting to see if he gets a start in place of Lochee legend Greg Kirk today.

44 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Thinking of heading to Carnoustie as can abandon wife and bairn at the beach and head there. 

4 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Best choice for the neutral. Think it will be a cracker.

Been pretty even so far without either keeper being really tested. Hottest I can remember watching a game in U.K. Carnoustie do issue a programme.

ETA Carnoustie scored just as I posted. 

Edited by Jute

Good to see I'm as good at predicting scores as ever. Took Scone to beat Lochee Harp this afternoon and see that the Harp won 10-0. Slightly less surprisingly, Broughty also  won 10-0 this afternoon against Dundee St James.

Good to see I'm as good at predicting scores as ever. Took Scone to beat Lochee Harp this afternoon and see that the Harp won 10-0. Slightly less surprisingly, Broughty also  won 10-0 this afternoon against Dundee St James.
Scone Thistle
That must be one of the worst predictions in history.

William Hill spokesman once put a tip up in the Scottish League that lost 7-0

44 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Scone Thistle
That must be one of the worst predictions in history.

William Hill spokesman once put a tip up in the Scottish League that lost 7-0

Yes yes, thank you for that. McBookie will be rubbing their hands that I have opened an account with them this very morning. It is of some consolation to me that @Marten agreed with my prediction a page back. Genuinely think this is quite a surprising scoreline.

Lochee United 5 Blairgowrie 0

A good start to the season for us. Still a few players down so nowhere near the strongest line-up, but Blairgowrie created very little. A good performance all round, although the margin could have been bigger. MoM was Ewan Murray, the Dundee loanee had a very solid performance and has shown why he is seen as a big talent.

18 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Yes yes, thank you for that. McBookie will be rubbing their hands that I have opened an account with them this very morning. It is of some consolation to me that @Marten agreed with my prediction a page back. Genuinely think this is quite a surprising scoreline.

Scone had to cancel our friendly against us some 10 days ago as most of the squad were unavailable due to injury & covid. I can only assume that most players aren't back yet...

Edited by Marten

17/7/21

Arbroath Vics 3     East Craigie 4

Broughty 10     Dundee St James 0

Carnoustie 5     Forfar Utd 0

Coupar Angus 2    Letham 3

Violet 0    Brechin Vics 2

FWE 2    Kirrie 1

Lochee Utd 5    Blairgowrie 0

Scone 0    Lochee Harp 10

Tayport 2    North End 0

54 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

17/7/21

Arbroath Vics 3     East Craigie 4

Broughty 10     Dundee St James 0

Carnoustie 5     Forfar Utd 0

Coupar Angus 2    Letham 3

Violet 0    Brechin Vics 2

FWE 2    Kirrie 1

Lochee Utd 5    Blairgowrie 0

Scone 0    Lochee Harp 10

Tayport 2    North End 0

Wow, here's me thinking the EoS had a few mismatches this season, nothing compared to the Midland.